ws6air replica updates

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ws6air
Operative

Re: I'm new here so HEY!

Post by ws6air » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:08 pm

Just thought I'd post my last pic for awhile... I finished my engine bay and man am I glad about that....YES!....Anyway...here's some shots...Thanks for looking , now I can rest for a little....AAAAaaaahhhh! Drink me a cold one (pepsi)

Marc

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

ws6air
Operative

almost to the end

Post by ws6air » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Hey guys, I'm just going to make this my March update... WOW , what a freakin month it's been...Vegas took alot of my time away from the ride, but I was able to get alot still done.(Just so you all know, It was for a Knight Rider festival) ( It was a blast) My first thing when I got back was to get the driver side door jam all smoothed out....Not in prime but ready....

Then , I went ahead and started the T-tops also..... The weather strip was a B.... man oh man, was it?

Then, my last piece is the passenger quarter... Well, I thought it was in good shape... everything was good until the wheel well...I had a little rust to take off.... But, I got it , did some welding ,grinding, etc, etc, oh and bondo of course.....

Well, that's it for March...Hopefully , I'll get the rest of the quarter done this month... That was my March update...going back to work!

Marc

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by stelios_z28 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:56 am

keep it up pal!!!!you are doing an excellent job!!keep us posted!!!!after all your work done..i am sure that your car will last for at least 100 years more!!!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:29 pm

If that were my car I'd be like, shoot, anyone remember how the engine fit back in here... and what does this extra part do.
I think SHADO is just thankful I remember to replace the gas cap after filling up. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 pm

ws6air wrote: Image

Smoother than a babys bum :D

Nice work dude! :good:

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey guys , It's been awhile since I posted about my ride, but I've been busy as (insert here) ... Anyway. I've got my usual bunches of pics for you all and here goes.... I will say that I'm finally done with ALL bodywork and now all I have to do is do my guidecoats.. ... Man , am I stoked! This has been a long time coming for me. Finally done with this monster...Ok, I'll start this thing up...

Here's a pic of Before....well , let's just say, YEY, it's a bondo machine. Just jokin. A straight 57 or 55 chevy has more though... Here's some bondo before pics...

That was the bondo , and plenty of hours sanding.... I do know alot of body people take down to the metal , but I personally don't all the time, but I have done that before. My 68 cougar was done that way, but nothing this new.... anyway. Here's the primer put on...Ahh , finally , all of it done....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh

Thought I'd share my excitement with you all , It's been awhile and I'm so glad the bodywork is done...I can breath a little now... YES Till later

Marc

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:02 pm

PERFECT...JUST PERFECT!!!!

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:01 am

Wow, you've taken everything apart, it'll be great when your done, I'm working on sanding my KITT right now too, I'm using a orbital sander to get the large areas, then I'll prime mine like yours.

ws6air
Operative

loving 220 Reflections

Post by ws6air » Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 pm

I know guys , more pics of the primered car... well, this is my April update and all I have done is the last sanding before paint. So, guide coats are a blast. They show you all imperfections. YES! Another block... How many times does this make it for the engine bay and car?.. I quit counting! All I know is that I think it will be worth it , so I shot some pics of it with cleaner and , oh yey, reflections among us!

I do my guide coats probably different than alot of ya , I just spray it until it looks something like this

Then the sanding continues, the pics are with cleaner also , so that's why so shiny...

Anyway, this is my April update, just thought I'd share with you all...Thanks for looking and again, this is also a record for me to look back on when done, so anyway. Thanks for looking and talk with you all later!

Thanks
Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:22 pm

YES!.... This bad boy is about done! Game almost over. Driver side = game over ,passenger side= OH , I'm tired of sanding....UGH! anyway...I know Alot of this is going to look the same but here is my MAY UPDATE!

Here's the engine bay finally ready for paint!....YES! AHHHHH, aren't we all glad of this, I've bugged the $hit out of you guys with pics, but it's finally done....YES!

Well, after that, I worked a little on the driver side. All of this was a guide coat, so for the guys in bodywork, and prep, they also would be like YES! The guide coat is gone, YES!

By the way, this little one is now happy, this means more time with Daddy....YES!

to the next post...................

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 pm

Oh well, here's just a couple more pics, hey , it's been a whole long freakin month. Gotta show pics man!

This is where I stopped about a couple of days ago... Since this, It's also completed.

One more thing, I've not given up on the bumper, just making more changes to it.... Here's a couple of pics....I'm still working on the passenger side a little and fixing stuff here and there, but I was trying to make mine, just a bit rounder. Anyhoot , here's some pics

That's it for me this month...Thanks for looking , and like usual, sorry soooo many pics, but hey, it's been a month, i've been counting!

Till later
Marc

K.A.R.R. (09)
Operative

Post by K.A.R.R. (09) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 pm

good luck, nice to see one built from the ground up

Kal-el4
Operative

Post by Kal-el4 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:11 am

hey ws6! nice to see you hereon kro as well dude! sweet pics too!

ws6air
Operative

New Nose

Post by ws6air » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Don't know if I'm posting in the right area, just wanted to show you guys my new nose. Got the scanner going and took some pics. Just excited about it. One more thing done.....YES!

Thanks for letting me share the excitement

Thanks
Marc

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Re: New Nose

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:34 am

Looks great. Is that a Knight Passions nose?
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:02 am

João da Encarnação,

I liked to come here at the forum, please. :)

Thank you.

Alex

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:45 am

Wow, that looks perfect, beautiful nose for KITT :) I see you also have the towing hooks under the nose, very nice. Which season replica you're doing, 2nd, 3rd?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:19 pm

No , that's a nose I sculpted for Ken at Wraith Innovations. By using his KR3 nose to start with and then using measurements from Photoshop, I came up with a template and a system that worked for me.....6months later.... here it is.

Hope ya like. Ken will be producing these in the not so long future. Thanks for looking and talk with ya later. I'll try a video of it in a bit...That's AJ palmgreens original from the Vegas show. It also helped sculpting by actually seeing an original in person. Anyway. That's mine in the background using the template and bondo to make a mold of the correct angles....Anyway. Thanks guys and talk with ya later

Thanks
Marc
Last edited by ws6air on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Here's a vid...hope it works

Marc

ws6air
Operative

October Updates 2010

Post by ws6air » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:17 pm

I haven't posted in this section in awhile, so I'm missing a few things,Just thought I'd show you all what I've been doing for a October update! Well , I've actually had to rewire with a whole new harness(takes awhile) The whole dash , everything was torn out, wiring, heater core, etc, and putting everything back was a BI@#H!!! Just remembering everything is hard enough, glad we bought that 82 for a manual! Hah!! Anyway. I got to get started on some test fitting , and I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far with fit and finish. Thanks Billy, and Andy for support with alot of pics. This took awhile to do and to almost have everything fitting correctly. Can't wait to see it done though. As you can tell, everything is kind of dusty, but I did a couple of mods and a couple of things to my actual bodywork, so everything is still dusty. Time to make room for the tubes next and then maybe some brackets for the dash. Thanks to everybody I talk to about this stuff. Thanks

Marc

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:23 pm

If a mod could help me on the know how about how to change the title , I will, but I cna't find a spot to. Mods , do I just need to make a new thread?

Marc

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 am

Changing thread titles is a moderation feature mate. I'd be happy to change it for you though if you've got one in mind? :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

ws6air
Operative

Post by ws6air » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:47 am

How about ws6air updates? Might sound corny, but alot of us replica guys like to have almost like a diary of our cars. It's cool to look back sometimes, sometimes not....Jjokin. Thanks

Marc

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:23 am

I know exactly what you mean. :lol: So, by the god-like superpowers vested in me by the thumb of Michael Knight, I hereby decree this thread, the ws6air replica updates thread. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

ws6air
Operative

Re: ws6air replica updates

Post by ws6air » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:33 am

That's what I'm talking about, somebody with some humor. Thanks and I can't say enough about the humor. These boards are always so dry and never nobody jokin. Thanks. My jokes, most people don't get or like, but do I keep em' going , ah yey. Not everybody likes Saturday Night Live either, do I? Oh heck yes. Anyway, thanks for the change!

Marc