Quantum Leap w/ KR Sounds

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nee716
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Quantum Leap w/ KR Sounds

Post by nee716 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Hey all,

I wasnt sure if this was brought up in the past. I am bored at work today and decided to watch the 1st episode of quantum leap on hulu. In the begining you see Al driving his car, Al's car has all of KITTs sound effects even turbo boost when he accelerates. If anyone is curious check it out on hulu. I know it is an NBC show so I wasnt surprised they used the sound effects.

:kitt: :dash:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Quantum Leap w/ KR Sounds

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Yeah, quite noticeable as I recently went on a long QL marathon and I'm sure it's been brought up many times in the past. :P I'm fairly certain a good number of KR fans were (or still are) also at one point Quantum Leap fans but yeah it certainly helps that they're both NBCU properties. KR sound effects were used in several other shows as well. :good:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Wow nee, I haven't watched Quantum Leap in years...
Suddenly, I am inspired to check it out. :)
Thanks for letting me know...It sounds like fun. :good:
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:02 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah, quite noticeable as I recently went on a long QL marathon and I'm sure it's been brought up many times in the past. :P I'm fairly certain a good number of KR fans were (or still are) also at one point Quantum Leap fans but yeah it certainly helps that they're both NBCU properties. KR sound effects were used in several other shows as well. :good:
Heh heh, that'd be me. :) Yeah, I've noticed those stock Universal Studios sound effects for many years in the beginning of the first episode. In fact I think a lot of Universal's shows share some of the same sound effects like the sounds of machine guns and bullets ricocheting, etc.

NBC has surprisingly been promoting Quantum Leap a little bit lately probably because of Scott Bakula's recent guest appearances on Chuck. The question for me is if the selected episodes on Hulu have the original music intact (excluding the first season episodes which escaped the DVD music butchering).
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:Wow nee, I haven't watched Quantum Leap in years...
Suddenly, I am inspired to check it out. :)
Thanks for letting me know...It sounds like fun. :good:
I was very young when they aired QL, but for sure now I will also go back and check it out. they must have it on youtube Image :kitt: