Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Korris
Volunteer

Re: Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Post by Korris » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 am

I'm all for KITT Growing, etc. But this episode made him look a tad on the belligerent side.

Master_Knight
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fly By Knight

Post by Master_Knight » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 am

Thought this episode was great and much like most of you guys on here, i think this was alot like TOS, i really am warming to Mike more and more, although i would prefer if they would stop calling him Mike and Just call him Michael and that goes for all of them including KI3T, not a huge thing, but i remember watching TOS and loving it when KI3T would call 'Michael'! Whenever something was going on. Anyone else wanna comment on this?

Like a couple of you guys on here i also thought that KI3T was going to change into the old trans am, i got a real giddy excited feeling at that point, tbh if that had happened i probably would have cried with joy! lol! Loving the fact that KI3T is becoming more like the KI2T of old in terms of personality and really enjoying the relationship between KI3T and Michael now. I always liked the new show, but it needed something to happen or to change to really get me feeling those old Knight Rider feelings i used to get as a kid and i have to say its coming back now.

Overall im really enjoying the new series and i would be gutted if if didn't have a few more seasons, really gutted!

Bring on next weeks episode!!

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:03 am

Well whatever the ratings, there were four of us from the UK in a hotel room in Orlando watching this ep. Pretty good though some disagreement over the machine guns started. I quite liked the retro Mustang but the DEA angle did not seem so solid!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

goldbug
FLAG Recruit

Post by goldbug » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:26 am

When they said they were retooling the show to match the original more, they weren't kidding! This episode was right out of the 80's, and as much as I hate to knock the earlier eps, it's really what we needed to see up front.

Highlights for me:

* Last week we had Evil Sheriff(tm). This week was Single Mom with Child(tm). Awesome.
* No super fancy transformations for no reason whatsoever (though the F150 is debatable I admit). Each transformation served a purpose (truck to go off road, Attack Mode to go faster, classic Mustang to evade cops).
* The classic Mustang was awesome.
* The kid was surprsingly not terribly annoying. I really enjoyed seeing him try to make a deal with the drug dealer to get his mom freed.
* I liked Mike's mention of his mom's death (another direct link to the February '08 movie).
* Maria Menounos = Meow.
* KITT's getting super snarky - about damn time.
* Billy and Zoe served a purpose and actually helped further the plot. This is the way both of them should have been used from the get go.
* In a super-obscure, non-intentional way, KITT's use of gatlings at the end reminded me of similar weapons on the car from Knight Rider 2010.

I know it's highly unlikely to return, but the last 3 entries have really made me want this show to survive more and more.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:29 am

Not a bad episode at all... there's some things that still bug me, but overall not bad.

I loved the MACH 1, but I hope I wasn't the only one who's heart skipped a beat when Mike said, "Old School" and thought, for a fraction of a second, the original KITT...

I know, Ford and whatnot... but still for that small second I really thought KITT 2000.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:37 am

O man when said lets go old school, well we all know what we were hoping for haha. But a great show, good action, its about time they used kitt at the end of the show to get the bad guy, and loved the comedy thrown in.
Ice rider coming 2009

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:41 am

Jay wrote:That was excellent... "You get paid?"
Hey, KITT needs to get his tunes somehow... >_>

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 am

very good episode.............this was TOS....only with different actors and a mustang for me.......brilliant...dave andron rocks......hope the show survives....if not then this ep is the all time fav. may the ratings depict the true picture please.
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:00 am

Rainack wrote:The turbo boost for next week looks really strange to me. It looks like he's turbo boosting onto his side into an over pass or something. Did anyone else notice that?
I seem to remember a comment from either the producers or the guys at Masterkey, that a "Sideways" Turbo Boost was coming up. I can't for the life of me imagine how that would be useful in any situation..
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 am

HA! http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Knight+Rider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I love the shot they picked as the screen for the episode! Yes!!

I just remembered a part that bothered me...When the DEA's showed up. What was with that!?? Couldn't Kitt warn Mike a LITTLE sooner!? He was more or less like "Hey Mike there's some...nevermind they're here..."

I'm totally gonna spend tonight watching this as many times as I can XD
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

tmtcnya
Volunteer

Post by tmtcnya » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 am

The show needs at least one turbo boost a week. Thought the episode was really good. I like the fact that it was not such an abrupt ending as we saw the last few weeks.

In response to someone elses post about ford covering their sponsorship on the DEA vehicle.....Thats because it was a CHEVY Full size Tahoe or Suburban. No wonder they covered up the American Revolution logo!

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:18 am

tmtcnya wrote:The show needs at least one turbo boost a week. Thought the episode was really good. I like the fact that it was not such an abrupt ending as we saw the last few weeks.

In response to someone elses post about ford covering their sponsorship on the DEA vehicle.....Thats because it was a CHEVY Full size Tahoe or Suburban. No wonder they covered up the American Revolution logo!

Yeah, but they also covered the logo on the FORD explorer the bad guys were driving. And they way they covered up the chevy logo was just stupid :P
---

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am

I guess I liked it. The episode wasn't action packed and dragged in a few places but it wasn't bad. The ending was cute. There wasn't anything which bugged me too much. The story did make sense. There wasn't any sillyness in it. This wasn't my favorite episode but it was better than others.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 am

TallSox08 wrote:KNIGHT license plate....NICE
where? i never saw that

blazevski
Recruit

Post by blazevski » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:31 am

Turbo boost is comming next week... I think putting turbo bust in each episode without a reason wouldn't be a good idea... now we had some transforming, some weapon shooting, next week we will have turbo boost and god knows what else...

Bitchy thing about turbo boost is that it can only be used in attack mode (am I wrong here??) which is kinda unusefull since it shoud transform for each jump... plus attack mode still makes KITT look like fast and furious car or PIMP mobile which it isn't...... remember this:
WOW THE PILOT REALLY KICKED ASS... I have seen it sooo many times now

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:35 am

Lynda414 wrote:
Jay wrote:That was excellent... "You get paid?"
Hey, KITT needs to get his tunes somehow... >_>
If we can ilegally download, I'm sure KI3T can! LOL :lol:

Only joking but true.

Episode was good overall. I thought that kid was well annoying.. loll.

Please stop the transformation, there was no need to go to 4x4 mode for 10 seconds in a wood, im sure KI3T could handle it..lol

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:40 am

KRAvengerII wrote:
Rainack wrote:The turbo boost for next week looks really strange to me. It looks like he's turbo boosting onto his side into an over pass or something. Did anyone else notice that?
I seem to remember a comment from either the producers or the guys at Masterkey, that a "Sideways" Turbo Boost was coming up. I can't for the life of me imagine how that would be useful in any situation..
Maybe, just maybe, they needed to land the car facing 90 degrees away, so it could continue in that direction. It sort of reminded me of a high jump, and looked cool.

I thought that this was the best ep yet. I completely disagree with Dark Knight. This ep had pacing, suspense, action, cute kid, partnership and teamwork...if the other eps would have been like this, we wouldn't be in the situation we find ourselves in now. If there is a 2nd season, NBC needs to make David Andron a pretty sweet deal...sorry GST.

KI3T with guns? that's a no no, as it's too tempting for KI3T to be hijacked somewhere down the line, and go Killer Kitt. Maria (sorry, a poor man's Sandra Bullock type)...well, the writing is on the wall for future involvement; I wonder how Sarah will feel about that, if it comes to fruition???

Oh yeah, they slipped Douche in there, AGAIN... We need a Douche Board, for the count...or is it now a drinking game?

No T&A this ep....go figure that it's the best one so far. NBC, are you listening????

In ending, my 7 yr old, who has watched some of this season, was riveted to his seat until the end, and said that "This episode was Awesome!". Nuff Said.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:41 am

this episode was awesome and funny. This episode i see has alot of potentional it was so TOS! Thank god that KITT's personality is growing :) and bitch between him and mike was priceless!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:42 am

lol, just re-watching the episode, notice that when "Roamstar" is activated, and the truck goes around the corner, you can clearly tell she is actually driving :P
---

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:51 am

About referencing Mike's Mom's death...

Just because they referenced the death DOES NOT mean that ALL the pilot elements are in play here. It could be said that Mike was just remembering her death to relate to the Kid's Dad....nothing more.

And I'm all for keeping the regular plate standard California "KNIGHT"...it's cool that KI3T can change plates, but for the most part, KNIGHT is what it should be.

As to the name differences between TOS and KR 08, there seems to be no middle initial (Arthur is Michael Long's middle name, not Michael Knight's). It is conceivable that the old Michael Knight has had his info changed after he retired from FLAG, thus allowing that identity to disappear, and now new Michael Knight can assume that identity.

It'd be interesting to see a secondary character come back from TOS, and state, "MIchael? You look so young!!!". "No no, not me, that was my dad..." "OH, you have the same eyes..." etc etc etc...

a 2nd season this show really needs...let's hope something happens!!!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:About referencing Mike's Mom's death...

Just because they referenced the death DOES NOT mean that ALL the pilot elements are in play here. It could be said that Mike was just remembering her death to relate to the Kid's Dad....nothing more.
Mike specifically said that someone shot his mom right in front of him last year. I think it's safe to say they chose to retain that element of the backdoor pilot, but of course no further explanation as to who his mother was in the original series, but I know they'll never bother trying to figure it out.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:About referencing Mike's Mom's death...

And I'm all for keeping the regular plate standard California "KNIGHT"...it's cool that KI3T can change plates, but for the most part, KNIGHT is what it should be.

Seriously? Gosh, okay WIBoomer1. Doesn't nitpicking over tiny things give you a headache? :roll:

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:34 am

cazman101 wrote:I thought the story was good but sorry I just find those Transformations to be a bad concept and transforming into and old mustang utter rubbish it wouldn't have been so bad if it had just been the outside but changing all the interior for wood as well, where does KI3T keep all this stuff and the transformation into attack mode I watched in slow motion it seems this car has no engine or any sort of suspention it was really bad and trashed a good episode.
the story was good the acting was good the locations looked great the DEA character was sexy the banter between Mike and KI3T was good and then those aweful transformations S*** all over it.

To quote one of Micheal's favorite sayings, "You're a douche."

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:44 am

Lost Knight wrote:Unfortunately I have to say that again the show has missed the target. I found the overall episode too slow-paced and boring. Too much drama, not enough action. I'm also not liking how the use of kids in this show are used to basically tell young audiences, "Look, this is cool because the kids in our show say so!" No turbo boosts, no real stunts, and that God-awful truck came back.

Maria Menounos was kind of wasted as a character and she should've been developed more. It should've at least been explained more why her character was a raging b#$%# to Mike throughout the entire episode and shown her really come around at the end. Simply choosing to not lock him up didn't feel like enough of a payoff for me. I briefly ran into her when I was in Burbank and can say she's a lot nicer in real life, fortunately, though.

I was rolling my eyes at the fact that once again Mike sent K.I.T.T. out of harm's way so he could take on bad guys by himself. But it was nice that they actually addressed the fact that K.I.T.T. is always following orders and never thinking for himself. But he had to be told about thinking for himself in order to think for himself, which defeats the purpose, I think. Oh, and those machine guns? No, they weren't cool. If anything, it shows that the writers have no idea what K.I.T.T. should be or what the show was all about.

The classic Mustang was cool. For a split-second, I did think that K.I.T.T. was going to transform into the Knight 2000 and was disappointed when he turned into another Mustang instead. On the positive side, I loved that old school 180-degree turn K.I.T.T. did off the tow truck.

Were you just really tired when you watched this episode? Do you really want KI2T to just take over on the show or what? I don't get it.

This episode rode so well on it's pace that I felt like the 45 or so minutes of the show felt longer. Detail, man...this story had great detail. And you gripe about it! A.U.F.K.M.??? Please tell me the logic on preferring a laser over a gun, and I'll post a thread on KRO dedicating it to calling myself the horse's ass for everyone to cheer about. If you really want to throw a argument out that the guns were just "too real", then trash the car, trash the characters.....trash effing everything, because your complaint is as ridiculous as this rant! Safety, violence.....place the card down.

honestly....

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm

KITT can do trubo boos in his normal mode watch Knight to King's Pawn KITT turbo boosted into KARR, and used SKI mode in his normal mode also