New Aoshima KITT & KARR models?

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

New Aoshima KITT & KARR models?

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:59 pm

Did anyone buy & assemble either one of these models yet? Especially the KARR one because in all the pics ive seen it has incorrect dash decals from the KITT season 3 model. Ive seen the prototype with the correct decals. Can anyone confirm it has the correct dash decals on the production models & its only a mistake in those pics? If so please post pics. And is there a US retailer or any of you thats wants to sell or trade for one?

Thanks
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New Aoshima KITT & KARR models?

Post by andy-kitt » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:41 am

I think these were retailed in Asia only, mainlt Japan

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:13 pm

i assemble only the two kitts!the first season and the third season!!people believe me it is the most accurate model not only to a kitt...but to a trans am itself!!the lines of the body is really like you have a real trans am in your hands and the scanner has a real trailing effect!the best knight rider model till now!!believe me!!!you will shock when you finish it!!!

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:32 pm

Is the season 1 KITT much better than the AMT/ERTL plastic kits?

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:04 pm

andy-kitt wrote:Is the season 1 KITT much better than the AMT/ERTL plastic kits?
INDEED THERE IS IN MANY WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I CAN ASSUME YOU FOR THIS!!!

1st of all is a liitle bit bigger!!then the dash is more detailed with decals and also have the analyzer under it!if you buy the 3d seasin the gas pedal has the leds on each side you can paint green!in 1st season the front grills are clear to paint only the 3 grills and behind them are the fog lights,,just like the 1/43 aoshima!the rims are perfect with seperate rims from hubcaps!YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THIS MODEL!PITTY IT'S A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE CAUSE I WOULD HAVE BUILT A DOSEN OF THOSE JUST LIKE I DID WITH THE ERTL!!!!

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:35 am

I ordered KITT with the scanner it should be here by Friday or Saturday, ill post pics & a complete build & finish review when i get it.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 am

Where can I get one?

ChrisO

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:18 am

from ebay!!!.....also i will put photos of my aoshima both 1st and 3d season kitts!!you will have it soon..

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:39 am

GarthKnight08 wrote:I ordered KITT with the scanner it should be here by Friday or Saturday, ill post pics & a complete build & finish review when i get it.
where you got that from??? :kitt:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:22 am

Knight007 wrote:
GarthKnight08 wrote:I ordered KITT with the scanner it should be here by Friday or Saturday, ill post pics & a complete build & finish review when i get it.
I got it from a american dealer! I did alot of searching because i cant stand money grubbing ebay & i found alot of dealers in the UK that have it & only one in the US. I went with the US because thats where i am & it would get here alot faster & safer!

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:51 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:
Knight007 wrote:
I got it from a american dealer! I did alot of searching because i cant stand money grubbing ebay & i found alot of dealers in the UK that have it & only one in the US. I went with the US because thats where i am & it would get here alot faster & safer!

Did you find someone in the UK with season 3?

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:33 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:
Knight007 wrote:

Thanks! I'm in the US, too, so I'm going to check them out.
Cool!

ChrisO

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:58 pm

Did you find someone in the UK with season 3?[/quote]

Yep right here...
http://www.toyheroes.co.uk/store/#8987X9481" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its a shame they dont ship to the US & i wouldnt trust it because when i asked if it was in stock he gave me no answer!

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Ok i just recieved the package today & it was shipped Wednsday so kudos to culttvman.com for getting it here so fast! See corlando it pays to order from your own country lol!

As i said i am going to give a complete review so here goes...

The artwork on the box itself is pretty cool so it definitly is a keeper & after opening it i was very suprised to see how many pieces are in this model, this is definitly not for the novice model builder. The interior will need a complete paint job meaning that the dash comes in beige the same color as the seats! And the pods have no decals! Making almost impossible to paint the pod buttons individually. All the parts of the car are individual as if you are dealing with the actual car itself, the detail is incredible for such a small scale. The seperate parts include the tail lights plus the tail lights blackout are seperate for that see-thru look & it has the 1st season front bumper with the turn signal covers seperate so you can get any look you want as if it was bought from Wraith Innovations (how awesome is that!). You have a choice of using the fog lights with or without the vents & can be broke down to whatever fog light configuration ( 3+3, 2+2 etc) you want! It also came with 2 gull-wing steering wheels, one with the whole in the middle & one without giving you a choice between the 2 if you want that pilot look. As for the scanner what can i say, its totally awesome! This thing is icing on the cake! Again just like having the real thing it activates with the all-on effect & it trails just like it should putting the Hot Wheels 1/18 scanner to shame! This is gonna take some time to build & i will post pics & a review as it goes on. I also posted a pic below of how it measures up to the Hot Wheels 1/18 car which alot bigger. At first i was a little bummed out about the size of the model & i was fully aware of the 1/24 size but the detail definitly makes up for that! The model is a bit pricey but you gotta figure it was worth it because these are starting to become very rare due to the fact they are made in Japan & the now the scanner is being sold out everywhere so that means people with these are going to mark them up big time on ebay! And if your lucky enough to find one then you gotta find the scanner plus pay alot extra for that because the 3rd season is the only one that came with a scanner the 1st season KITT & 3rd season KARR does not! If your a harcore KR fan this is a must get item!

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm

you can paint the pods..although this model is a season 1..the pods are from season 3 model..also the gas pedal you can notice the leds on it!...use a very very thin brush No:0000 and you will make it!i have already build both season 1 and season 3!i will post photos tommorow!also i want to advice you..even though the model is molded in black is good to paint it with an enamel black colour using airbrush!it will look more real than glossy plastic!!i hope you enjoy building this!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Awesome! Any chance of getting a video of the scanner. I bought a KR scanner from Japan a few years ago and it doesn't have the all on or the trailing effect. I'd love to see it.
ChrisO

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:47 pm

corlando52 wrote:Awesome! Any chance of getting a video of the scanner. I bought a KR scanner from Japan a few years ago and it doesn't have the all on or the trailing effect. I'd love to see it.
ChrisO
There is a couple of videos of it on youtube.

Here is one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGkRxGsJVxs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:32 pm

Holy KITT! That's just worth the price right there. OK, I need one. Did you order a Season 1 from http://www.culttvmanshop.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

ChrisO

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Ooops! I see it says Season 1 right on the box. My bad! How much was shipping?

ChrisO

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:02 pm

corlando52 wrote:Ooops! I see it says Season 1 right on the box. My bad! How much was shipping?

ChrisO
$6 bucks for shipping & you get the scanner with the model so you really cant beat the price. The scanner is sold out everywhere & ive seen it for $80 bucks alone!

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:06 pm

OK, I know I promised myself to only buy stuff for my 1:1 real KITT until it was completed, but I gottta have this.
Thanks for the information. Monday....

ChrisO

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 pm

The movement of the scanner looks really good! One of the best I've seen for a model. I have just ordered just the scanner unit of both KITT and KARR at HLJ.. But the KITT scanner is backordered. I shd be getting KARR's first.. Maybe I will find a way to install the scanner on my KITT miniZ since that is 1/24 scale too...

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:29 am

imranbecks wrote:The movement of the scanner looks really good! One of the best I've seen for a model. I have just ordered just the scanner unit of both KITT and KARR at HLJ.. But the KITT scanner is backordered. I shd be getting KARR's first.. Maybe I will find a way to install the scanner on my KITT miniZ since that is 1/24 scale too...
What would happen if you put a red lense in front of the KARR scanner? I'm thinking, if they're backordered on the red scanner, this might be a way to get what you want quicker.
BTW, what is HLJ?

ChrisO

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:59 am

HLJ is Hobby Link Japan. The stuff you order from them is direct from Japan. Its pretty reliable. Have been getting stuff from them for many years now including most of my Knight Rider stuff..

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 am

Oh, yeah, I've heard of them. Thanks!

Chris