This show is getting ridiculous (it's about time)

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

This show is getting ridiculous (it's about time)

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:32 am

Day Turns Into Knight is a great KNIGHT RIDER episode. Not a great "KR08" episode, but a great episode in the franchise. The first 30 minutes were just one absurd obstacle after another: The construction site. The overpass. Dropping KITT out of a plane. And yet in the bizarre KR universe, it all makes sense.

We just want to sit back and have fun, and that's what the original series did so well. It was often ridiculous, the producers KNEW it was ridiculous, and we all loved it. When you have a show about a talking car, you can't be subtle. You just have to swing for the fence and go all out. And I think they did that with DTIK. Did I roll my eyes a few times? You bet. But I was smiling the entire time.

The reboot is two for two.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Re: This show is getting ridiculous (it's about time)

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:37 am

I agree, hopefully the show continues to go in this direction for its own good (and ours!).

What do you mean by "the reboot is two for two"? I don't quite understand the expression :mrgreen:
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:47 am

BlueChaos wrote:What do you mean by "the reboot is two for two"? I don't quite understand the expression :mrgreen:
Several months ago, the writers/producers realized the show wasn't working out the way they wanted. So they started making significant changes to the focus and tone of the show. They called it a "reboot". The first of these episodes was last week and it was a very good episode. Tonight was the second episode, also very good. Two episodes, two winners, two-for-two.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 am

I have to say I really enjoyed the episode. I even watched it twice tonight. I'm finding less and less to complain about... lol Everthing is getting better. It's almost like watching a totally different show called Knight rider.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

nee716
Operative

Post by nee716 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 am

I agree!!! We also got a new Silent Mode which was classic Knight Rider.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:02 am

Michael Pajaro wrote: We just want to sit back and have fun, and that's what the original series did so well. It was often ridiculous, the producers KNEW it was ridiculous, and we all loved it. When you have a show about a talking car, you can't be subtle. You just have to swing for the fence and go all out. And I think they did that with DTIK. Did I roll my eyes a few times? You bet. But I was smiling the entire time.
I could'nt agree more,well put MP 8)

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:49 pm

nee716 wrote:I agree!!! We also got a new Silent Mode which was classic Knight Rider.
True that silent mode was awesome and pure neoclassic K.R style! :mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen: