Universal Playback

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Meccy
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Universal Playback

Post by Meccy » Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:55 am

Hi all,

One not very happy knight rider fan, I`ve been trying to get hold of further knight rider box sets from universal I`ve been emailing them asing them when they think they will releasing another box set either on VHS or DVD but have been getting no response there are proper ignorant and don`t deserve to have there products bought.
Does anyone know where I can buy other box sets on the net?

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:50 pm

As it is right now, there are 3 boxsets! and 3 single videos from playback. I too am so angry with them, as i have sent 7 emails to them since augest last year asking the same question, but i have had no email back. They just seem not to be interested. What sort of customer service is that!!!!

Good old Universal NO playback

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:18 pm

I know,
This has been covered before they said the other month Knight Rider was the top seller so where are the new one's? been almost a year since box set 3

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:47 pm

Well I`m glad i`m not the only one who frustrated with them, it seems that there not interested in what the people have to say which is extremly bad customer service.
Does anyone know anywhere else further box sets can be obtain?

KNIGHT IMMORTAL I know your the message board supervisor have you got any contacts in the industry who can maybe obtain further box sets on DVD or Video.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:07 pm

I sure wish that I did. Here in the States they aren't too great with the service either. The only thing I can recommend is see if you can even find a snail mail addy, or a telephone number for the company and go directly. Email doesn't do much since they can easily delete it.

And for the record, I am not the board supervisor, that would be Neil. I am just the widdle moderator with the mostest. ;) :lol:

KI

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Wed Apr 16, 2003 6:01 pm

according to the magazine tv zone there are 2 knight rider dvds out on 16 june and 01st sep although it does not say which epsiodes are going to be on them although it could be epiodes that have been out in the 3 box sets or 3 singles relises although i hope they relise something that aint been out before if of course they do dring them out as theyve given relise date s before and nothing came out
---------------------------------
i know what your thinking but it wasent me check the license plate the guy your after is getting away(kitt vrs karr)

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:35 am

I stand corrected Knight Immortal, I`m sure you`ll get some authority some day he he.
Just hope they stand by there word and release those DVD`s out in June and there different episodes than those already on the visoe box sets, We`ll have to wait and see!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:39 pm

I wouldn't mind them actually putting a already released episode on dvd so long as it's not crap ones.

For example, I would love KOTJ on DVD and TDR. Same goes for most in the 2nd boxset.

But eps like 'knight sting' don't help.

With my luck, they'll put Knight Song on there next!!!

ARRRGHHHH.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:30 am

I`ve been doing some digging around and I have come up with some alternative contact information for our ignorant friends at universal playback.

The company is apparanlty based is London and the address is 1 Sussex place, London, W6 9XS

The phone number is 0208 910 5000

I`m going to try and contact these people on Tuesday after the bank holiday on Monday and see what I can find out I`ll keep you al posted on my findings.

Dave

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:52 am

All I can say is, good luck mate. I know we all want some answers. Its been too long since there last KR release.

Skav, I know what you mean. I was quite puzzled when they decided not to put TDR on the first DVD, but I'm stilling hoping for KvK. My poor tape is coming to the end of its life on that ep.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:42 pm

Well A funny thing happened to me today.
I decided to wrie Uneversal Playback a letter asking about future releases.
On my way to post it , what comes down the road but a Kitt replica.
Could this be some sort of sighn?lol

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:28 pm

I hope Playback start releasing Knight Rider DVD's soon. A DVD with 'Goliath' and 'Goliath Returns' on it would be excellent. I don't know why they stopped releasing the Knight Rider DVD's when they had already released three. Their Knight Rider DVD's are really good but I think the only problem that they have is a bad episiode order. Like on the third DVD for example when they start with 'Knight Of The Rising Sun' which is from Series 4 and after that, they jump right back to Series one with two great episiodes from there. That is the only problem. Everything else about the DVD is great. They should release much more but they should not mix up the episiodes.

Meccy
Recruit

Post by Meccy » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:14 pm

Well I`ve tried to contact universal playback and was given another phone number I spoke to a person who didn`t have the release information on her pc, I was given another contact number which I tried and it went straight through to a blokes answering machine I guess he had gone home as it was 17:30 and he knew I was ringing ha ha, so I`ll ringing again tomorrow to see if I can get more info

Watch this space

Dave

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:06 pm

I have e-mailed Playback a number of times asking if there will be any more Knight Rider DVD's, I'd say about ten times within the past two months and after every e-mail sent I've had no reply. Why do you think they do that?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:29 pm

Because they get tons of email a day asking for the same thing, don't care to do a mass answering, and they have the ability to delete it. That is just one of those things that is detrimental about email. It's easy to send, but it is also easy to ignore.

KI

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:37 pm

Good Point.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:39 pm

Phone would be the best way to go!! BUT! if they get a mass phone calls asking for the same thing, it will get on there nerves after a while and it would not suprise me if they didnt release anymore on that point alone.

K.I.T.T

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:03 pm

sorry, but there is no excuse.

UP have the phone number and email address for customers to make enquiries.

and if they don't like answering them, no matter the volume of the same amount, they shouldn't be in business or have the contact information.

they probably only told you their contact info cos i think it's policy for them to do so!

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:09 pm

It is policy and in general law to do so.

It is also in their rights, (it's the same all over the world) to do whatever they want with that information. Sad, but true.

KI

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:36 pm

Well I guess all I can do is wait and see if any DVD's come out. I wouldn't phone them at all. It would be such a waste of money anyway.