SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-industry-2008
Recruit

Re: SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008 before its to late

Post by Knight-industry-2008 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:05 am

we have to support it cause the serie is great

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by chrisjones » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 am

err ok.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:17 am

chrisjones wrote:Hang on slow down. Lets not all get too twitchy, theres been no official statement on the show being cancelled. The newly imposed 17 episode limit could well have been put in place due to financial reasons. In the current economical conditions all companies are cutting back, NBC too will have to look to save outgoings.

Be careful not to plant the seed of cancellation threats by over talking them. Until we know either way its best not to talk of cancellation too much, people begin to believe rumors and the next thing we'll know it WILL be canceled!

The Terminator series had something similar happen after series 1. The net was ripe with people chatting about cancellation, next thing we know everyone is 100% sure it would be gone only for it to come back with a bigger and better series 2!
:good:
Yeah I agree with that. NBC is being careful to say that it's not canceled. But starting petitions and things now can't hurt. We need to let NBC know how committed we are as fans to the show by voicing our disappointment in even the smallest of cutbacks. No point waiting till the show is canceled down the road from now. I think what we have been doing in the past with posting in the comments of articles can help to, the media needs to see how committed us fans are. If they think their viewers want articles written in support of KR they will start writing them.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:44 am

It'sx a nice thought starting this thread.
But it's too late, Knight RIder is dead just accept it.
It had it's chance and GST screwed it up.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:46 am

whet wrote:It'sx a nice thought starting this thread.
Way to go captain positive! :?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:55 am

chrisjones wrote:
I'm just facing the truth, all you guys should to.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:10 am

Its ok if you feel things were 'messed up', but please spare a thought for those of us who actually enjoy the series and would like to see a series 2!
If you dont like if, fair enough we can't all like the same things, but telling us to 'face the truth' is totally unfair and quite frankly rude!

Maybe you need to face up to the fact that there are many, many fans of the original series that are enjoying this new incarnation of our favorite show and stop harking on about how rubbish it is. YOU are the very people that could end up killing the franchise off once and for all!

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:12 am

whet wrote:
chrisjones wrote:
I'm just facing the truth, all you guys should to.
The truth lies in the eye of the beholder. You don't know anything we don't, do you? So stop being a jerk. :roll: I hate all this negativity, sometimes it really ticks me off.

And here is the letter I wrote to NBC:

Hello,

I read that Knight Rider episode count has been reduced from 22 to 17 episodes. Now as any other fan I fear cancellation of the show. This would be wrong.
The new show has it's problems. Where the original 80's show was about one man and his loyal companion, the car KITT, made a difference in normal peoples' lives where noone else could help them the new show was just too far away from the audiences' hearts. We got cheap neon and overtuned cars and not so good transformations instead of enjoyable action.
I am open for new things, but apart from some great moments the new show missed the message that Knight Rider stands for: "One man can make a difference".

I so hope the retooling/reboot will choose this direction.

So why am I writing? I just want to voice my opinion and do everything I can to prevent a possible cancellation of the show.

Knight Rider is not dead, it still works. You just have to do it right, that's what fans are waiting for. And I still believe you have the power to make it happen.

So let Michael and KITT ride on.

MARKK
Volunteer

Post by MARKK » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:55 am

Hi there,

At the end of the day people like me living in England haven't even had a chance to see and judge this show before it's cancelled......possibly. This happens a lot with American shows shown over hear !

If the makers of the new KR read all the negative and almost nasty stuff that I've read over the last few months on this site I'm not surprised they've had enough and to tell the truth I'm so so gutted that a large percentage of people here seem to have got their wish and got KR dumped.

Thanks a lot !!!!!

I bet Justin's gutted too after all it's his dream job eh !
:( :!:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:01 am

Exactly, I just wish sometimes people would see beyond their need to be hyper negative armchair critics and realize that its THEM that are screwing up the shows success.

How many steamy piles of garbage TV programs are successful (Soap Opera's for one!) go on year after year winning award after award!?

Think about it - You might be killing off the series once and for all.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:53 am

whet wrote:I'm just facing the truth, all you guys should to.
Enough Whet. If people that like the show choose to support it and gather to find ways to save it, we need to let them. Stop enforcing your personal disdain for the project. Let people do what they want. Go chat in the TOS forums if you can't be constructive here.

--

I like the direction you guys are going with the thread. The chess piece is a nice idea, but as Matthew said, we should think of something reusable if it comes down to it.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:23 am

i agree that sending a chess piece to NBC is a great idea! it will propably get way more attention than 'just' sending letters!
in case you don't want to raid your expensive chess set at home, you can buy chess pieces on Amazon... a complete set for about 3$:
http://www.amazon.com/Pressman-Toy-1104 ... 598&sr=8-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.amazon.com/Value-Plastic-Che ... 48&sr=8-36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
each set includes 4 Knights, so it's somewhere between .75 and 1$ per person.
Knight Rider is worth that to me!

propably Neil can organize something??? I'd be willing to spend a dollar for this (by Paypal, since i don't live in the US)

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:12 am

te
neps wrote:
whet wrote:I'm just facing the truth, all you guys should to.
Enough Whet. If people that like the show choose to support it and gather to find ways to save it, we need to let them. Stop enforcing your personal disdain for the project. Let people do what they want. Go chat in the TOS forums if you can't be constructive here.

--

I like the direction you guys are going with the thread. The chess piece is a nice idea, but as Matthew said, we should think of something reusable if it comes down to it.

right so your telling me i can't say what I think?
Well that makes sense on a forum dosen't it? :roll:
In any case sites are saying it's canceled now.
so you can bury your head in the sand all you like it's over.
Last edited by Matthew on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: False information - Websites are not saying that the show is cancelled

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 am

MARKK wrote:At the end of the day people like me living in England haven't even had a chance to see and judge this show
I'm in the UK and I've seen every single episode, god help me....

As I've said in a different thread, I think you should all accept the fact that the show is fatally flawed, accept that it is doomed, and just LET IT GO. Do the dignified thing, let it die a relatively painless death, and move on.

I for one will be writing to NBC in favour of cancellation and I would encourage those of you who don't like the show to do the same.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 am

Just fired off my email, that's +1 in favour of cancellation. I read them the riot act, pointed out where they went wrong, and launched a full scale attack on the RC3 Twins because they deserve a large portion of the blame :D

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:56 am

i'm so proud of you, (please insert insult here)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:12 am

Thought of a couple of ideas on the way into work of what to send:

KitKats - Fitting, but can melt in transit.

Canned Motor Oil - Reusable, but expensive to mail.

Mango19
Rookie

Post by Mango19 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:36 am

neps wrote:Thought of a couple of ideas on the way into work of what to send:

KitKats - Fitting, but can melt in transit.

Canned Motor Oil - Reusable, but expensive to mail.
How about car air fresheners?

Cheap, funny, would get media attention, but also annoying and has something of an editorial subtext.

RobWolf
Rookie

Post by RobWolf » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:40 am

How about a whip and a dead horse??

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:02 am

Whet and RobWolf - to reiterate what Neps said earlier, please stop your disdain and hatred for the show in this thread. This thread was created for those who want to help save the show and your comments and attitude are not welcome. If you love TOS and hate this show, stick with posting in the TOS forum and just simply ignore this one.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 am

I guess writing a letter would be more dominant than an Email? But let's all send the Knight Chess Piece! That is a very good idea whoever said it and will catch their attention when they see all these Knight's coming in! I am going to type up a nice letter and send it to them soon! BTW should we send it in Black or White, I think Black is better!

Joe

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:19 am

whet wrote:
right so your telling me i can't say what I think?
Well that makes sense on a forum dosen't it? :roll:
In any case sites are saying it's canceled now.
so you can bury your head in the sand all you like it's over.
Whet, let me the third moderator to remind you that our patience with you is running out.

I don't want to hear any gripes about people not being able to express their opinions; people have been complaining about the new show on this board ever since it was announced that KITT was going to be a Mustang and we have just let them have their say. But what you are doing is intentionally going out of your way just to fill up the board with the same hateful message over and over again. You are not voicing an opinion, you are showing blatant disrespect for the board, its members, and the moderators.

I almost get the feeling that you're trying to test us, or that you WANT us to ban you just so that you give yourself something else to complain about. I assure you, if you need a time out I am more than happy to give you one.

In simplest terms: Knock it off.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 am

I support fan efforts in saving the show. I went through this process in trying to get Bionic Woman moved to the Sci-Fi Channel. I learned that sending stuff (crayons, chess pieces) to the network doesn't work and can make things worse. The BW didn't send things. Why not send things? The executives don't get the stuff. Sometimes construcive and thoughtful comments are read by the suits. Items which are sent to the network end up in the mail room. By sending things you're making the jobs of the people who work in the mail room a nightmare. They are the ones who have to handle and deal with all of this stuff. The NBC mail room staff were not happy when they got all of those pencils from Las Vegas fans.

I don't believe sending things to NBC is going to help our cause.

AngeliaxKARR
Volunteer

Post by AngeliaxKARR » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:57 am

All right, i haven't been a member a full day, and i'm already sick of whet and RobWolf. Will the moderators PLEASE get these two off of here? they're driving people through a wall!

Gahhh...

I'll put it so you hatefuls can understand it:

The ONLY thing wrong with the new Knight Rider is it's not the original and you are by no means true fans. If you were, you wouldn't continue to make such (pardon me) assholes of yourselves. So you know, this is coming from someone who's seen the original in it's entirety as well as watching the new KR. Yeah, some things are off, but for Crawl's sake, it ain't that bad!

*deep sigh* :x

You haters are going to end up ruining things for those that DO give a hoot.
Once a legend,
now is reborn,
if given the chance,
can heal what's torn.

Just think about that for a moment...

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Welcome to the board AngelialaxKARR.

But please, let us handle it. This isn't the right way to go about making a good first impression.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com