Theme suggestion IF DH returns...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Theme suggestion IF DH returns...

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:34 am

I am a fan of the new KR theme tune it has to be said. Of course anyone familiar with the original will notice that the 'fanfare' part of it has been changed to an extra guitar part.

I had an idea about this though....

What if the main intro to KR (the part before where the fanfare used to go...) is the 'generic' part for 'the Knight Rider' but the new guitar part relates SPECIFICALLY to Mike Knight Jnr and the original fanfare melody relates to Michael Knight Snr....

My idea was when the audience see MK snr onscreen for the first time, we hear the original 'theme' chime in. A little bit like on Smallville when they play part of the melody (not the main superman theme, the other part when Clark discovers the green crystal) from the films.

I dont mind if its a 'guitar based' version of the original fanfare. Another thought, would they have to consult Stu Phillips and Glen Larson to use it though??

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Theme suggestion IF DH returns...

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm

I see where your coming from I think. Are you saying that WHEN MK snr comes on that they play the original music?

If so, OMG I will get chills!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Smallville- can't remember the ep but Clark goes to see some professor who understands the symbols that were made by clark's heat vision randomly burning a barn door. Christopher Reeve played the part of the professor and whenever they talked about clarks destiny, you could hear part of the Superman theme in the background.

I think they should do something like this: clicky skip to 0:24
OR even better, use the guitar bit from this clip clicky2

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:47 am

My_Friend_KITT wrote:I see where your coming from I think. Are you saying that WHEN MK snr comes on that they play the original music?

If so, OMG I will get chills!
Yes thats what im saying, exactly... it could also apply to Ki2t when the original scanner first hums into life in the new show...