what happened to turbo boost?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

what happened to turbo boost?

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:08 am

what happened to turbo boost, we saw it in the first two episodes and we haven't seen it since. its bad enough they hardly do any stunts like the original series, at least keep turbo boost alive.
in glen larson we trust.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Re: what happened to turbo boost?

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:22 am

I agree!I love Turbo Boost!We need it!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:06 am

Maybe they pulled it out to rework it for us fans :D

--yeah I know.. wishful thinking--
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:48 am

So they've been 50/50 on Turbo Boosts, I don't think that it's necessarily them pulling it out of the episode, or rather there not being a need for it. Sometimes in the original they would have a turbo boost for no reason plot wise. In the new series case, the two Turbo Boosts seemed to have come from story driven issues - I think if the story needs it, we'll see it again.

We can ask this of any tech in the KI3T, how come the first three episodes didn't have the grappling hook? Couldn't he have used that to save his friend in the second episode?

Taichi
Rookie

Post by Taichi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:55 am

Maybe... but possibly it was a speed issue? Or the fact that maybe he didn't have it installed yet? Who knows...

I halfway expected KITT to Turbo Boost into the helicopter though... but I will admit, the yanking of the axle out from underneath the SUV was a nice little move.

However, did you notice that when the grappling hook came out, the front of KITT was the normal version... I may have to get another look, but I do believe that was the standard KR.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm

Turbo boost used to be overused in TOS. As long as they use it as required. TBH I expected it in HDK when the lorry was gonna get in the way. Kinda disappointed when they didn't TB.

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Taichi, I thought exactly the same thing. I was disappointed when KITT suddenly slowed down :)

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:19 pm

neps wrote:So they've been 50/50 on Turbo Boosts, I don't think that it's necessarily them pulling it out of the episode, or rather there not being a need for it. Sometimes in the original they would have a turbo boost for no reason plot wise. In the new series case, the two Turbo Boosts seemed to have come from story driven issues - I think if the story needs it, we'll see it again.

We can ask this of any tech in the KI3T, how come the first three episodes didn't have the grappling hook? Couldn't he have used that to save his friend in the second episode?
To relate to what you said as I think the story goes along, Mike Traceur is now dead and his buddy who knows him as Mike Traceur would have to be written off the show, and as the shows goes along I think all the people who meet Mike again as they knew him would and will be probably written off the show. Not the main characters nessassarly just the ones from Iraq and so forth... :kitt: