BuddyTV on the set of Knight Rider - Video

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

BuddyTV on the set of Knight Rider - Video

Post by neps » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:11 am

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/knight- ... 22114.aspx
My first instinct when entering the Knight Rider set was to run around like a little boy, touching all the computer monitors, running up the metal stairs and sitting in KITT's driver's seat. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, being on the set is like being a kid in a candy store, and I got the impression that's exactly how the cast feels as well.

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Re: BuddyTV on the set of Knight Rider - Video

Post by trissybabes » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 am

Blimey - all I ever read about Deanna is that she's looking forward to kicking some butt!

Wouldn't like to pee her off on a date - you'd be sent flying through the restaurant window onto the sidewalk...

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:52 pm

One of the most interesting things i noticed in that article was when they said that Justin was playing with all the fake buttons and gadgets on the dashboard. I wonder if that means they've added some physical buttons and stuff to the car's dash?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Is that a WINDOWS LOGO underneath the Knight Research emblem?! PLEASE tell me KITT isn't running Vista!
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Is that a WINDOWS LOGO underneath the Knight Research emblem?! PLEASE tell me KITT isn't running Vista!
So it is, however something far more interesting struck me, there seems to be no cobra in that KR emblem :)

also surely KI3T would be running Windows surface thanks to his touchscreen hud
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Well GST did state he went to Microsoft and they showed him some pretty cool stuff in the near future, maybe they made a deal to have some stuff on the show from Microsoft?

Joe

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:48 pm

I suppose the truly odd thing about seeing a Windows logo on Knight Industries equipment, is that outside of the advertising revenue advantages, KITT always seemed like he would eventually become the basis for the preeminent software that’s utilized in the Knight Rider universe, and that Knight Industries would have become to that universe what Microsoft is to ours, especially with the characteristic parallels between Wilton Knight and Bill Gates.

I know it may seem far fetched given that we know KITT was kept tightly under wraps, but the idea of a general piece of operational software being modeled off his specifications, albeit without the artificial intelligence, always seemed like a real possibility to me given the priority Knight Industries placed on bettering the lives of everyday folk.

Even without that idealistic view though, you'd think that the systems employed by the company themselves would be based off their own software since they were the leading force during the emergence of the microchip.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah that is a Windows logo... Ugh.... No wonder KITT was so easy to hack, it wasn't just the guy having the schematics after all. :shock:

KITT's probably running off Windows 7, just to fit into the idea of being "futuristic". That'd just be awful..... Still better than it being Vista, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:56 pm

I now have a confession to make. My Lenovo ThinkPad T61 runs Windows Vista (now SP1) and I have named him KITT. LOL! So *my* KITT runs Windows and does so flawlessly. I never really have any issues with it.

Now my car, Suse will hopefully some day run OpenSuSE Linux.

I like both Windows and Linux. They have their advantages and drawbacks. But I like either. I don't see how Windows could power the KITT Mustang and do all those things it does though. I mean maybe some of the displays and stuff, yes, but nano tech and the extra features would have to be on a separate dedicated computer system with a totally different OS. Like Linux. That would sound more reasonable.

Or maybe, they use Windows in the KITT Cave but not KITT himself?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:04 pm

I just made a Knight Research Windows Wallpaper! Not perfect, but thought it was fun. Now we can run KITT on our computers. LOL! Well, not really but at least it might vaguely look that way. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm

I think I know one reason there's a Windows logo with the KR logo.

See, awhile back iTunes stopped carrying NBC/Universal shows due to a dispute between the two parties. So there's NOTHING NBC/Universal on iTunes save for fan-made stuff. iTunes is Apple, of course.

Therefore they would not be using Apple logos on their stuff, I'd imagine. LOL!

Some would wonder, ok, why not a penguin for Linux? That is one of my own questions as well. Linux might not be as mainstream but it is a good OS. I use it for some things as well.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Linux? But Microsoft wouldn't like that and I'm sure that after looking at MS's view of future tech they'll be "borrowing" some stuff from them in the show.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: