Bonnie & Devon?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Bonnie & Devon?

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:01 pm

I remember somewhere reading or maybe a video stating that GST will explain about Devon what happened and also about Bonnie and try and get her back on the show. Also hearing that some of the actors wish to not act anymore so that may be a problem. If anyone remembers this or has the video or transcript please post!

Thanks!

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Bonnie & Devon?

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:38 pm

I hadn't seen those but I do know that Patricia McPhearson is busy with advocating for the Ballona Wetlands in California. I am not sure she's willing to do anymore acting as that is a full-time job for her but I don't know. She has done some KR car shows and conventions, etc. in the past so I hope she would be willing to make a comeback, even if it's for a few episodes, I'd be happy. It would also be nice for Rebecca Holden (April, Season 2) to return in some way too but I think they will keep the "original cast" to a minimal (ie. at least David Hasselhoff) as this is supposed to be an all-new series. I think what they might be trying to do is just bring enough of the old in to establish the new enough to make it familiar to existing fans, while gathering new fans with a whole new cast, car, etc.

I personally would also like to see Peter Cullen reprise his role as KARR (though I understand that KARR may or may not reappear) and if they bring back KI2K, that William Daniels reprises his role as well. Paul Frees (KARR 3rd Season) and Edward Mulhare (Devon) are sadly no longer with us. I don't know what Peter Peros (RC3) is up to these days. I do think I remember he wasn't too fond of the new series movie though so I don't know if they'd ask or bring him back for even one episode.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:58 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I personally would also like to see Peter Cullen reprise his role as KARR (though I understand that KARR may or may not reappear) and if they bring back KI2K, that William Daniels reprises his role as well. Paul Frees (KARR 3rd Season) and Edward Mulhare (Devon) are sadly no longer with us. I don't know what Peter Peros (RC3) is up to these days. I do think I remember he wasn't too fond of the new series movie though so I don't know if they'd ask or bring him back for even one episode.
Was it Peter Cullen who was Optimus Prime in the cartoon and the film?? if it is the same guy in the film he wouldnt be allowed to feature in a series sponsored by GM's rivals...

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:05 pm

Yes it was Peter Cullen who done Optimus in the cartoon series + animated movie also the live action movie, I wonder also how that would work because GM sponsers TF`s, although he voiced a Peterbuilt so I dont know.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:13 pm

Yeah, I keep forgetting about that. So I guess that would be out of the question to have him come back as KARR, and sadly Paul Frees is no longer around.

As for the others I don't know who would come back for even cameos or would be willing. It's nice to see that DH himself is willing to.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 pm

If Peter Cullen was to voice Karr as a Trans-Am, I could`nt see the problem there as they dont make a current model so I cant see Ford would have a problem being as its not direct competition with the brand.

Although the trouble they had with Will Arnett`s voice work for K3000 makes you wonder.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Arnett has a contract with GM, I doubt Cullen does, or does he? Has he done VO work for GM? O_o I doubt Paramount would have any say since it'd just seem odd for someone to allow a studio to prevent them from working. Aside from that, it wouldn't make much sense for KARR to return as a Trans-Am seeing what happened in KITT vs KARR. Though I guess it could be doable with a "mistaken identity" episode where Mike confuses the restored KARR for KITT. Hmm, that could fit with what I wrote awhile back... Though, eh still if for some reason KARR would return, it'd still be weird to have that return in a Trans-Am, I doubt they'd even want to spend the money building a couple KARR cars.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Thats just the problem though. KARR is no longer in a TransAm body that car is shatters by KITT. They could place him into a new body.
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:54 pm

That's possible, Will. Since we see at the end of KvK that KARR's CPU was still functioning despite the crash. Left it open to a future return of KARR (which unfortunately never happened). So I'm hoping they would be able to somehow work that into the new show.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:04 am

So back to my original question, anyone remember seeing how GST will pay homeage or w/e to bonnie, devon, etc?

Joe

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:16 am

On http://www.kittsite.com you can read that Thompson would like to bring back some charakters of the old show.
To read here:
http://www.kittsite.com/cc08-garyscottthompson.htm
In addition to KARR, the question was also brought up if we'd see any more characters or actors from the original Knight Rider on the new series, as a lot of the media discussion of past characters coming back has started and stopped with Hasselhoff. "I don't even know where they're at, to be honest with you," Thompson says. "I've looked for some of them at different times, but I had no contacts for where they were at. I don't even know if they're in the business, and some people are dead," he continues.
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:45 am

Here’s the video you were thinking of Joe.
GST Answers about the Original Cast low res
GST Answers about the Original Cast high res
We have VK to thank for asking the question.
Here’s wishing GST the best of luck in tracking people down. :D Edward Mulhare of course has passed on, so the best we can hope for there is a nice portrait of him up the background somewhere as VK suggests.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:08 am

*gives a silent salute to Edward*

although i hear that Pat quit acting and started becoming a tree hugger (No offense to others who love the environment. Hurray for trees!!!) but would she be willing to come back?
If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

Stuntman Lee
Rookie

Post by Stuntman Lee » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:02 am

Tree huggers are supposed to hate cars aren't they? I doubt she would.

Hope she does though if the chance was offered to her.
Love child of The Hoff.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 am

Sue wrote:Here’s wishing GST the best of luck in tracking people down. :D
I wonder if a big enough check would be sufficient to get everybody back?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:04 pm

Sue wrote:Here’s the video you were thinking of Joe.
GST Answers about the Original Cast low res
GST Answers about the Original Cast high res
We have VK to thank for asking the question.
Here’s wishing GST the best of luck in tracking people down. :D Edward Mulhare of course has passed on, so the best we can hope for there is a nice portrait of him up the background somewhere as VK suggests.
Oh Thank Tou soo much Sue! I remember this was under VK's experience thread!

Here is another thing I would like to point out, you think GST can re visit the old mansion some how in the series and maybe where the Semi is? Maybe stored with KI2T?

Thanks Again!

Joe