Knight Rider 2000 Questions

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

sofchance
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2000 Questions

Post by sofchance » Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:26 pm

Hi, it has been a while since I last saw the movie and I have a few questions:

-Is there any mention of Bonnie or April or RC3 in the movie? If not, is there a reason for the omission?

-Did KIFT have a voice before Michael installed KITT's voicemod?

-Did KIFT have a forward scanner before Michael installed KITT's infared scanner?

-What was the point of that "virtual reality mode" in KIFT?

-Did KIFT have turbo boost, silent mode. etc.?

-What happened to the original Trans-Am version of KITT? If it was scrapped, how was it scrapped?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:10 pm

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) No, and no. It just seems like they moved on, or were just ignored.

2) Yes, KIFT's voice was identical to Maddocks.

3) I don't think he did have the scanner, but I am not too sure on that one.

4) The VR Mode was misnamed. It was a "Head's Up Display" that was supposed to superimpose other images (IR, etc.) over the general display.

5) KIFT didn't have turbo boost, silent mode, or any of the original series features. The most wow type mode he had was floating on water. Otherwise, they were busy re-naming all the functions.

6) The original version of KITT was recycled. KITT was dismantled and sold off to the highest bidder, and his body was...recycled.

You can find these and other nitpicks at http://www.knightridercollective.com/kr2k/Kr2Knits.htm
(Yeah, they have been relocated from Knight Rider 2000: Online for the time being, until further notice, for those who are wondering.)

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:09 am

I missed the 'highest bidder' story part...so your saying that any person could have obtained KITT? i thought KITT was meant to be a secret within the world. selling him off isn't exactly keeping anything confidential.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 7:28 am

No. Kitt wasn't auctioned as a whole car. Only his computer circuits were auctioned off. Not together either. The car itself was still at FLAG. The scene where we find out Kitt was dismantled and parts auctioned you see the car parts in a crate up on a shelf above Maddock, Michael, and Devon.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Mar 19, 2003 11:56 am

ok, i thought the parts were all sold together, which , in result, could have given away a few things but just HOW do you give a description of those parts to buyers? ya think they were described just as normal computer parts that ppl would wanna buy?

if so, that's a strange auction.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:31 pm

If it were today, I would say they probably auctioned off his parts on ebay, and they also mentioned that several of his parts went to 'Research Institutions'.

The concept of keeping KITT's components a complete secret were thrown out the window, since Maddock thought of KITT as an obselete computer.

I guess I should say that it went to the highest bidders. Sorry. And when you break it down into components, it is not all that strange of an auction.

KI

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:33 pm

Kitt wasn't exactly "keeping fresh oil on the dipstick." I just assumed Kitt would be obsolete by this time allowing him to be sold of, his electronic parts being fairly common at this time. The movie came off to me as just considering the car to be a plain T/A with no mods. At one point doesn't michael receive a box full of regular car parts, with a stock round Firebird steering wheel sticking ou the top?
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:36 pm

He is shown to the 'crates', the last remanents left over from KITT, that in fact has regular car parts.

KI

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:11 pm

i might of missed this in one of the other posts, but it was the body of the car that was recycled.

and they must of took all of the interior bits n pieces out, which is why we can see the dash and the overhead console i think.

then they just auctioned off all the computer componenets apart from the CPU.

Scott

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:22 pm

It is mentioned in one of the earlier posts, not to mention, the question was: what happened to the trans-am portion. By all definitions, the body was recycled, and the components were auctioned off.

KI

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:42 pm

selling him off isn't exactly keeping anything confidential.
Weren't the bean counters at FLAG ready to sell Kitt off in "junk yard dog" when he couldn't perform anymore? Were they talking about the car without the computer or the complete package? That would've sucked to see Kitt at one of those governement auctions!
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:45 pm

No, they were going to decommission him into utility use within the Foundation, not sell him off in Junk Yard Dog.

KI