HD Screen Caps Dicussion

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

HD Screen Caps Dicussion

Post by neps » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:01 am

Hey All,

Thought this would be fun... though maybe it's us being a bit too hypercritical (what us??)

Since I just got this new footage commercial in HD - We can see more closely the little details, so it might be fun to analyze them. Here are 6 screens from this :15 piece. Click on the link below each image to see it in 1080p resolution.

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... one_lg.jpg

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... two_lg.jpg

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... ree_lg.jpg

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... our_lg.jpg

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... ive_lg.jpg

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... six_lg.jpg

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Re: HD Screen Caps Dicussion

Post by msKEN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:15 am

I have to hand it to them, the lighting and the such on the special effects are pretty darn good.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:11 am

The parts of the car are magically flying around. O_o

The VM/Eye/Snowglobe looks a little better though, though I still think it should be recessed a little more and black.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:28 pm

The missions capture is an interesting one. So much so, its my new desktop :lol:

Anyway, you all noticed the list of cities in that grab?! Highly unlikely they'll be coming over to London for shooting but its an interesting note!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Lameth1
Recruit

Post by Lameth1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:35 pm

I keep thinking of EDI flying in to help out Kitt on a mission when i see the globe on the dash.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:33 pm

Wow this resolution is amazing! Good job NBC and good job Neil! :good:

I really like that first picture, I’m not sure if it’s just for the commercial or if they are using it in the show, but it reminds me of what good old KI2T used to do. ...Only a little cooler. :D
graphic.jpg
graphic.jpg (90.31 KiB) Viewed 28557 times
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:04 pm

Sue wrote:Wow this resolution is amazing! Good job NBC and good job Neil! :good:

I really like that first picture, I’m not sure if it’s just for the commercial or if they are using it in the show, but it reminds me of what good old KI2T used to do. ...Only a little cooler. :D
It does seem like a fitting 'nod' to the original whos roots are firmly in the 80's IT/Sci Fi realms....

Taking on from what Sue said, I would like to actually SEE IT as a screen shot in the series but i'm pretty sure that as an ACTUAL modern day equivilent, Ki3t would have a more sophisticated display.... Or possibly the original for superficial "diagnostic" and maybe a more in depth multi layer approach for serious checks....??

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:48 pm

who or what is EDI?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:30 am

cajunknight0153 wrote:who or what is EDI?
KARR with wings. :karr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXMraAii8Rc

Extreme Deep Invader -From the movie Stealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_(film)
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:10 am

Sue wrote:
cajunknight0153 wrote:who or what is EDI?
KARR with wings. :karr:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXMraAii8Rc

Extreme Deep Invader -From the movie Stealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stealth_(film)
I've always wanted to see that movie when it came out,but I never got the chance to.Just reading the Wikipedia article makes the movie seem like it's worth watching.Maybe I'll rent it soon.I forgot about planning to see it until Sue brought it up!KARR with wings?Sounds like a great concept!And thanks for putting up the HD screen captures Neil!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 pm

sarfraz wrote:The missions capture is an interesting one. So much so, its my new desktop :lol:

Anyway, you all noticed the list of cities in that grab?! Highly unlikely they'll be coming over to London for shooting but its an interesting note!

Sarfraz
Yeah that's why I was saying the C-130 at the end of the backdoor pilot is cool, because it gives you the ability to fly KITT to foreign countries and airdrop it.

The C-130 is a military cargo plane. Used to airdrop equipment, elite personnel (SEALs, Special Forces, Delta Force), etc., as well as just deliver stuff from one military base to another.

Air Force Fact Sheet on C-130

--Brian

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Here is a new shot from a commercial that just aired. Similar to the one earlier except this one exception:

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... ven_lg.jpg

for debate on what that glowing thing is - Sue has a thread with a shot from Comic Con: viewtopic.php?p=140601#p140601

Also, what do you think that R is next to Mike's left ear is all about?

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:38 pm

o yea, i forgot, i only seen that movie once or twice and its been a while since i seen it

jaimetheking
Operative

Post by jaimetheking » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:21 am

neps wrote:Also, what do you think that R is next to Mike's left ear is all about?
I hope that doesn't say Knight Rider... :roll:

...but it looks like it just says "KR" for Knight Research.

Rookie

Post by 1982 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:48 am

neps wrote:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... ven_lg.jpg

Also, what do you think that R is next to Mike's left ear is all about?

GT500KR.

You can also see a bit of the tail of the "y" in Shelby's signature below the "R"

In the picture Sue posted in the other tread, looks like the regular GT500 by the red seat inserts and lack of embosed snake.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:10 am

O_o They couldn't even remove the 500GT KR with Shelby's signature from the upholstery? Blah...

Why do I have the feeling that thing in the back is going to be responsible for KITT's transforming? If it is meant to take up the whole backseat area then that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a back seat. That doesn't seem right... Perhaps it slides into the trunk space? Okay, probably not..
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:24 am

Hey what is HAL doing in KITT!!!! :lol: :P
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:49 am

1982 wrote: In the picture Sue posted in the other tread, looks like the regular GT500 by the red seat inserts and lack of embosed snake.
Good point! My picture was attack KITT who was not made out of a Shelby as you point out. By the look of his headlights I’m guessing he’s a regular old GT. So that must mean this screen grab of Neil’s is not KITT in attack form? So this thing is there to stay? At least I can say that the interior of the car I was photographing was probably not in its final form.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:03 pm

kitt_rulz wrote:

Hey what is HAL doing in KITT!!!! :lol: :P
HAL's trying to take over Knight Industries so he doesn't have to deal with the annoying Cobra logos!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:14 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote: Why do I have the feeling that thing in the back is going to be responsible for KITT's transforming? If it is meant to take up the whole backseat area then that pretty much defeats the purpose of having a back seat. That doesn't seem right...
I agree!!! If no backseat needed then they should have used a Corvette, at least it looks a lot more like a Trans Am :)

It definitely limits the story when you don't have a backseat for KITT...

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:02 am

Although the back seat is not a necessity to make it unuseable is a mistake. The majority of situations may not need the extra room but limiting yourself to only one passenger (or if Mike stays behind and let KI3T take two by himself).

"oh sorry i had come to save you but there's more than one of you so one/some of you will have to stay behind..good luck"

Neps posted a pic from the pre ComiCon teaser on the another thread (KITT's back seat) where this thing in the back seat seems to mysteriously missing, which means that it may only appear in Attack Mode or perhaps it's not part of KITT and some important stolen tech he has had to fetch. Then again then it would surely be in the boot unless his transforming ability makes having a boot problimatic. You could always argue that this thing was put on the back of KI3T in his truck form and upon transforming it has taken place on the back seat much the same as what happens to Mike and Sarah in the teaser.

One thought that has occured to me as why they may have limited themselves by voiding the back seat. In the original series it always bugged me slightly that KITT, 'The Car of The Future' with all his tech, all that sophisticated equipment, all the amazing feats he could pull that the seats would still have to be pushed down/forward to let people in or out of the back seat. Perhaps it's a convienient way of skirting the issue, i had hoped that something could be implemented where it becomes automated however maybe such as thing was also avoid because 1) it would have been difficult/time consuming to construct and 2) people may expect such a system from Ford after seeing the show.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:41 am

Did anyone think of the fact that the rear seat could have been folded down,and KI3T wanted to show/explain the object's functions?You can see the object's wire going into the trunk,but I think I'm wrong about that.
Petition #9

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:13 am

Meh something tells me if this new KITT wants to to carry more passengers he will become a Ford Expedition. So I think they got you there on your back seat logic. I'm sure they will have some cleaver episode where kitt's transforming abilities are damaged and he gets stuck as one of fords poor performing vehicles to help boost sales.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:13 am

The possibilities would be almost endless! :twisted:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:08 am