Will Knight Rider reach uk?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Will Knight Rider reach uk?

Post by whet » Sun May 25, 2008 6:35 am

I'm starting to have my doubts now that thw series is coming to the uk.
After all Knight Rider has been picked up and it's soon going to be 4 months since the pilot aired and not a word about it being screend over here in uk.

I have seen it but it would be good to get it televised here in the uk.

Maybe nobosy is intrested since the failure of the Boinic woman?

MJknight
Operative

Re: Will Knight Rider reach uk?

Post by MJknight » Sun May 25, 2008 5:44 pm

whet wrote:I'm starting to have my doubts now that thw series is coming to the uk.
After all Knight Rider has been picked up and it's soon going to be 4 months since the pilot aired and not a word about it being screend over here in uk.

Regardless of the fact that the re-imagining of Bionic Woman was cancelled, people will be interested in Knight Rider for two reasons:

1: The very name "Knight Rider" will interest people enough considering the fanbase it has in the UK.
2: It will be a welcomed change of pace for TV viewing. As we've all gotten sick of reality TV and soap operas.

ITV are believed to be the favourites to screen Knight Rider first as they were the ones that brought it to the UK in 1983.

But, I personally believe it will come down to Sky One or Virgin1. Chuck and the Sara Connor Chronicles have done well for Virgin1's audience, having "Knight Rider: Second Generation" will just double their ratings.

That and not many people can compete with Richard Branson's wallet, so I believe.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun May 25, 2008 11:50 pm

how many of you brits have been able to watch it on nbc.com? I have talked to several people in Europe, and get different reports. Personally I'm in the USA and I have trouble getting it to play back on my Linux machine. It keeps saying Loading and then doesn't play. Although I think the latest version of Flash on Windows is newer than what is released for Linux, so perhaps it is a wrong format to play back using Flash for Linux.

--Brian

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon May 26, 2008 3:36 am

MJknight wrote: ITV are believed to be the favourites to screen Knight Rider first
as they were the ones that brought it to the UK in 1983.
IIRC, when ITV showed the original series back in the 80's, they cut it to ribbons,
and even removed the pre-titles teaser. Also, given the recent fiasco over ITV
deciding to skip ep2 of "Pushing Daisies", I hope they don't get new KR.
MJknight wrote: But, I personally believe it will come down to Sky One or Virgin1. Chuck
and the Sara Connor Chronicles have done well for Virgin1's audience,
having "Knight Rider: Second Generation" will just double their ratings.
If Sky get new KR, I hope it'll be re-run on Sky Three, after premiering on Sky One
(assuming that channel is still part of the Freeview lineup when new KR gets here)
as I do not wish to line the oversized pockets of Murdoch's money vultures.

If Virgin1 get new KR, I hope they've switched to broadcasting in 16:9 by then.
There's now way I'd watch it in 4:3 centre cutout when it's to be made in HD.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon May 26, 2008 6:32 am

MJknight wrote:
whet wrote:I'm starting to have my doubts now that thw series is coming to the uk.

Regardless of the fact that the re-imagining of Bionic Woman was cancelled, people will be interested in Knight Rider for two reasons:

1: The very name "Knight Rider" will interest people enough considering the fanbase it has in the UK.
2: It will be a welcomed change of pace for TV viewing. As we've all gotten sick of reality TV and soap operas.

ITV are believed to be the favourites to screen Knight Rider first as they were the ones that brought it to the UK in 1983.

But, I personally believe it will come down to Sky One or Virgin1. Chuck and the Sara Connor Chronicles have done well for Virgin1's audience, having "Knight Rider: Second Generation" will just double their ratings.

That and not many people can compete with Richard Branson's wallet, so I believe.
Yeah good point there..

I hate all these realty type shows, so with any luck other people will think the same way and wecome Knight Rider.

Just seems to be taking forever to get to uk.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon May 26, 2008 10:32 pm

seeker78 wrote:how many of you brits have been able to watch it on nbc.com? I have talked to several people in Europe, and get different reports. Personally I'm in the USA and I have trouble getting it to play back on my Linux machine. It keeps saying Loading and then doesn't play. Although I think the latest version of Flash on Windows is newer than what is released for Linux, so perhaps it is a wrong format to play back using Flash for Linux.

--Brian

Generally they block IP addresses that are located outside of the US.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: