New Synonyms!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

gregghm
Stranger

New Synonyms!

Post by gregghm » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:00 am

What an incredible waste of time! The word inane (which apparently the producers of this new piece of televised garbage don't know the meaning of) can now list "NBC," "Ford," "Shelby GT," and "creative" as new synonyms.

This pitiful two-hour fiasco was nothing more than a post-writer's-strike desperation attempt to coax veiwers back to the network and while simultaneously making a bug sucker out of whoever at Ford decides to spend millions in sponsorship fees.

Back to Cable.

Gregg

KnightLegend
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New Synonyms!

Post by KnightLegend » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:48 am

Well that's one way of saying you don't like the new NBC KR. I notice there are many who feel the same way. I haven't seen but I think they have chnaged to much for me. I also wonder how ford was able to stump up the cash given the fact their North American operation is bleeding money, perhaps this is why.

darthknight72
Recruit

Post by darthknight72 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:42 am

WOW,I guess thats one way of saying you didnt like the show.Let me ask you this were you even a fan of the original show,because lets face it this is the closest thing to the original Knight Rider since the show went off the air.

jaws
Volunteer

Post by jaws » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:06 am

Hey, gregghm, how about a positive post without so much bashing?

I grew up watching KR 25 years ago and I've watched the not so great previous spinoffs too. This 2008 KR is about the best thing I've seen on TV in a while besides crime shows, sitcoms, and reality shows.

And to call "Ford" and "Shelby" inane obviously shows you don't know what a real vehicle is; do a "google search" for "2008 Shelby GT500KR", you might learn why NBC picked this Mustang to be KITT.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:56 pm

:roll: Another one post wonder who's sole reason of joining is to *****.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:13 pm

I know i dont have many posts so its a bit rich coming from me,but what the hell is he on about?!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:08 pm

I think we should count our chickens that there even is new Knight Rider to watch, personally I really liked the pilot, obviously budget + time restrictions + writers strike affected the show to some extent, but considering that they made a good job, i mean who didnt feel like a kid when Kitt sped past the truck and the theme kicked in!, the only bit i hated was the cgi car just as they got to vegas, that was turd. Having said that there was a lot of potential for this to be a superb series (if it gets that far). I got fed up reading lots of posts with people slating the pilot for the most ridiculous things, I thought it was a good foundation to build on for the possible series and I just enjoyed it for what it was - MORE KNIGHT RIDER.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:16 pm

gregghm wrote:What an incredible waste of time!

That would be reading this post.
gregghm wrote:Back to Cable.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:29 pm

agreed Lost Knight...I honestly thought it was good, despite some issues with understanding where Charles Graiman came from, Michael Tracuer's relationship to Michael Knight, who this mysterious "Jennifer" is (Maybe Jennifer Knight??) and why the Foundation was shut down
Charles Edward Untz III