KARR

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DeeKnight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KARR

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:26 am

^^ lol yeah,we each take turns to write episodes each week!

BrowncoatKal
Volunteer

Post by BrowncoatKal » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:56 am

Army_F_Body wrote:Also, like I said in another thread, KR is full of plot inconsistencies so I wouldn't waste too much thought trying to rationalize things. To me it just makes for some great entertainment to have KARR return and if he's in his original form, bonus. The evil twin plot is always present in shows so I'm sure it'll come in here as well if we get a show.
That's not a very good excuse. We just except the inconsistencies and move on? How about we fight for a quality show without the inconsistencies. Sure the original KR had it share, but that doesn't mean we have to expect them in the new series. That's one thing that quality writing is all about. Trying to rationalize previous plot holes and fill them in so we can move forward in a new and constructive way without creating too many new holes if any.

soutmezguine
Stranger

Post by soutmezguine » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:39 pm

It would be quite easy for them to bring back K.A.R.R. He could have been recoverd by F.L.A.G. stored and stolen by an agent gone rouge who then installs him in another car possibly a stolen KI2k body or a Mustange since the show is a Ford comercial. Or he could have been found durring the last 25 years by someone and passed to a friend that was into computers (possibly M.I.T. Student) he hooks K.A.R.R. to his personal computer and has limited communication with K.A.R.R. but it is enough for car to get hime to help him. As each of the KI vehicles has there complete system schematics in memory building the hardware isn't that hard if you can get the individual parts. Rebuilding K.A.R.R. was a slow process as some of the money they steal goes to getting the finder a home/education/place to hide K.A.R.R. which is why K.A.R.R. has not made himself known in the last 25 years. Also perhaps K.A.R.R.s infuence turns the finder into a evil person since with K.A.R.R.s help he can get almost anything he wants. As for the Molecular Bonded Shell that would be the last part that K.A.R.R. needs so he waits and when everything else is ready he hacks (or uses his old network logon) F.L.A.G.s computers over then net to get the formula and thats how they learn he is alive and begin to search him out. If the Hoff is off the bottle he gets to be in the show as they try to reactivate the original K.I.T.T. but can't without Michel as K.I.T.T. shut himself down when Michel got reassigned within F.L.A.G. and hasn't worked in 20? years (would explain why they had to build a completly new car and didn't just port the original K.I.T.T. to the new body). I see K.A.R.R. comming back as a late model T/A or Camaro SS as he wanted to 1. Survive at any cost and 2. Be more than just K.I.T.Ts prototype. I know some of my ideas are conjecture but if fleshed out more would make a hell of a good story that could be a seasonal ark. Would be nice if someone at NBC actually read this LOL.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:09 pm

BrowncoatKal wrote:
Army_F_Body wrote:Also, like I said in another thread, KR is full of plot inconsistencies so I wouldn't waste too much thought trying to rationalize things. To me it just makes for some great entertainment to have KARR return and if he's in his original form, bonus. The evil twin plot is always present in shows so I'm sure it'll come in here as well if we get a show.
That's not a very good excuse. We just except the inconsistencies and move on? How about we fight for a quality show without the inconsistencies. Sure the original KR had it share, but that doesn't mean we have to expect them in the new series. That's one thing that quality writing is all about. Trying to rationalize previous plot holes and fill them in so we can move forward in a new and constructive way without creating too many new holes if any.
You can move or you can dwell on it till you have a brain tumor. Seems everyone wants monotonous, intricate explanations and painstaking connections to the past show. The reality is that this show has a limited budget (i.e. cheap writers) and no doubt writers that are younger than and probably have no real knowledge of TOS. How many shows do you know of that appeal to broad audiences that do what your asking? Star Trek couldn't. Star Wars couldn't. Basically any medium that transcends multiple generations of care will have holes.

Maybe they ought to hire their own continuity fanboy :lol:

Is this show raping anyone's childhood yet :wink: ...sorry couldn't resist, this just sounds way too much like all the gnashing of teeth that went on when Transformers came out.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Drift-King
Volunteer

Post by Drift-King » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:31 pm

I got an idea, I know KI3T is son of KI2T since they have similar AI programs, what if a rival company somehow got KARR AI program but cannot bring him back to alive so they invent new AI with same AI program that KARR use and same company who hire thug to break into Graiman's home and steal the manual to make an amazing car or they invent some technology on their own.

Then KI3T and his long lost evil cousin KARR2 or what name that company select.

I know KARR is KI2T's old evil twin brother who use same AI program as KITT but that AI program is fail and cause KARR became evil.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:26 pm

*COUGH* I wrote this almost a month ago.... I agree that the new KITT should be seen in the same was as Mike, both being the "sons" of the previous incarnation.

viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=10841
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:21 am

Niggle Snoosh wrote:
jblinkinsop wrote:If this new K.I.T.T is so advanced then why was it hacked into in the first episode!!!!!!
It's been mentioned before and the answer is quite simple, the hard drives for Prometheus were stolen, they also contained KI3T's specs which were obviously looked at, so it wasn't protect properly or as well as prometheus. The Black River guys had a pre written hacking program which hacked KI3T just as he said "with suprising efficiency". It is easy the to understand that the program was made using his specs especially as Black River when to regroup, get further instructions from an unknown villain (who many hope turns out to be Garth Knight) which is surely when they got/made that program.

Also on a slightly seperate note it occurred to me that although they got the hard drives back and Prometheus wasn't touched, KI3T's files were could have easily been copied and opens the window for the return of KARR. (one similar to KI3T rather than KITT) The original KARR's shell was completely destroyed but we could assume/stretch our minds to believe that his cpu was salvagable (similar to KITT when pulled from the acid pit)
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 am

The one line said by Welther about how his client will reverse engineer KITT's AI for their needs made me think that maybe there will be an episode where the Black River somehow got a hold at KITT's AI program and reverse engineer it to make... another KARR. On a side note, remember that they ALREADY got KITT's specs from the hard drives that they stole from Graiman. Even though Rivai said that the HDDs were found outside Dubai and the messenger was caught, who's to say that they didn't already make a copy of the HDDs there?

But the problem with this scenario will be... even if they can somehow reproduce and reengineer KITT's AI, as long as they don't have the specs for the nanotechnology in KITT, they will never be able to make a car that can match KITT. They will need both the specs for the AI and the car.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:28 am

BlueChaos wrote:The one line said by Welther about how his client will reverse engineer KITT's AI for their needs made me think that maybe there will be an episode where the Black River somehow got a hold at KITT's AI program and reverse engineer it to make... another KARR. On a side note, remember that they ALREADY got KITT's specs from the hard drives that they stole from Graiman. Even though Rivai said that the HDDs were found outside Dubai and the messenger was caught, who's to say that they didn't already make a copy of the HDDs there?

But the problem with this scenario will be... even if they can somehow reproduce and reengineer KITT's AI, as long as they don't have the specs for the nanotechnology in KITT, they will never be able to make a car that can match KITT. They will need both the specs for the AI and the car.
They have KI3T's specs which could easily contain the nano tech (and maybe the AI), we were just shown that they used the specs to create a program to take control of KI3T, they wouldn't be able to build anything in the short timeframe they had in the pilot. (but could easily do so in the future) They were on mission to aquire prometheus and KI3T was an alternate ends to that means other than Charles or Sarah.
Also i don't think they necessarily have to exactly like each other, they could each have seperate strengths and weaknesses although i think he too should have nanotech and the morph/colour change feature as the surely just makes him more dangerous if he can hide out in the open.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:28 pm

Having the specs is one thing, actually having the means to build a vehicle based on those specs is another. I would love to have a behind the scenes villain, like an evil SPECTRE like group that manipulates people to do their bidding. Perhaps this Black River or Water, (Whatever), is the puppet of the corporation. This villainous organization could have been around for as long as FLAG and was just plotting to take over the world or destroy it. You know the typical things an evil group does. They're the ones who pick up KARR's memory and whatnot and begin the process of restoring it after the crash. Then when the time is right, KARR is released as a formidable enemy. I mean KI2T has been gone for 25 years and FLAG has been gone as well so there would have never really been a reason to release KARR, but now that he's returned in a next generation form, it's time to release their next generation KARR.

Bronx Knight Rider
Stranger

Post by Bronx Knight Rider » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:13 am

This is what I'm thinking. Now mind you I'm just a newbie, but I think to make K.A.R.R a '96-'02 T/A would mordernize him to an extent and yet keep him faithfull to the original. Have someone like a disgruntled ex- F.L.A.G employee steal his AI from the foundation archives and rebuild him in an attempt to steal money and gain power as he was "let go" from the Foundation and now lives a one track mind to destroy any and all links to the now defunct Foundation (or so he thinks). Let him power K.A.R.R back up and do a preliminary scan and catch a "whiff" of the new K.I.T.T's AI and take it from there. Who knows, maybe they could resurrect the real K.I.T.T and re- activate Michael Knight to help out the rookies.
I'm torn: T/A, the original Knight Rider, or my favorite steeed, the Mustang?

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 am

Oh I would definitely put Michael Knight and KI2T back into the show. It would be a two parter for sure. I picture A big battle where KI3T is trying to keep Michael Knight safe from a very aggressive KARR but in an accident of some kind, (fill in full details later when it's not 4:47 AM lol), and Michael is on the ground. He looks up to see car slowly approach him with his bright on, (mind you in my world KARR is an all Black Dodge Charger SRT8), and he would say something evil like "There is no escape!". But then tires squealing Michael looks up to see an old T/A KI2T pull power slide in between KARR and himself. The driver door flies open and in William Daniels voice he says "Quick Michael, get in!" He does and they two drive away real fast, but of course a modern Charger SRT8 is faster than an old outdated T/A, but then KI2T uses Turbo Boost and disappear into the night. KARR would be updated but wouldn't have the turbo boost. He stops in front of a used canister of turbo stuff, shuts his brights off, turns his parking lights on and morphs into a stock Charger and then turns around disappearing into the other direction. Man I could totally right the best episode ever, IMO lol.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:55 pm

My advice to you all of you is to quit speculating about all this. Every sentence you put in this thread along the lines of "Well it could (or should) happen like this..." is NOT a good thing. At the very least, just putting anything on an open (and popular) forum in terms of theoretical plots for a show that is not a reality yet makes it potentially difficult for writers to go down the road of bringing back KARR, Garthe, badguy of the week from episode 12 of season 3, or anyone else for that matter because forum posters can point the finger at the writers and scream "You took my idea without paying me money!" if the final product happens to remotely resemble what was said in the thread. The last thing I want to see is a show that has some potential ripped from the schedule and replaced with some reality TV crap because some doof in his parents basement decided to flesh out the entire first season of the show with ideas that are similar to what could be planned for the show.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Peter Cullen should be asked to reprise his role as KARR (he did KARR in Trust Doesn't Rust. Paul Frees did KARR in KITT vs. KARR but Paul Frees is deceased, unfortunately).

Another thing would be that Graiman managed to download KARR's software or what was left of it after the destruction after FLAG cleaned up KARR (I don't see why they would just leave it lying there, destroyed or not, with all the potential secrets it might even have had, even destroyed or in pieces). He would use this to continue KARR's military use (in the book TDR, it was mentioned that military men were looking at KARR when KARR failed his test and killed someone and Wilton Knight didn't want anyone to use his work for Military). So perhaps Prometheus isn't KITT because it's said that Prometheus is used to control *military* drones, satillites, remote control, etc. Perhaps, Prometheus is derived from what was left of KARR's programming which Graiman *thought* he weeded out the bad parts. Thought. As in KARR (now Prometheus) gets remote control of a lesser AI system (not KITT) in another car and downloads himself to that unit! So in effect Prometheus is housing KARR's original programming/personality and Graiman didn't realize it. And won't - until it's too late!

So this leaves what happened to the original KITT AI? Either it's still around or also a part of Prometheus (not likely as KITT was designed not to harm others and the military is used to destroy/for war). Or KITT's programming was adapted and he's now the KI3K. Or, maybe he's still in one of Graiman's computers.

Another thing would be that when they found Graiman's hard drives with the encryption to Prometheus unhacked, what they WERE able to get was KARR's programming, which was stored on the HD (and thus KARR is NOT Prometheus). KARR's programming being a basis or a test-bench or just reference for what Prometheus became? And then someone rebuilt KARR from that programming.

So many angles can go here.

Put Peter Cullen definitely should do KARR's voice, if possible! :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:46 pm

I dunno, they were lazy enough to not retrieve KARR after Trust Doesn't Rust or Goliath's shell after the season two premiere....
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:05 pm

Lexicon wrote:My advice to you all of you is to quit speculating about all this. Every sentence you put in this thread along the lines of "Well it could (or should) happen like this..." is NOT a good thing. At the very least, just putting anything on an open (and popular) forum in terms of theoretical plots for a show that is not a reality yet makes it potentially difficult for writers to go down the road of bringing back KARR, Garthe, badguy of the week from episode 12 of season 3, or anyone else for that matter because forum posters can point the finger at the writers and scream "You took my idea without paying me money!" if the final product happens to remotely resemble what was said in the thread. The last thing I want to see is a show that has some potential ripped from the schedule and replaced with some reality TV crap because some doof in his parents basement decided to flesh out the entire first season of the show with ideas that are similar to what could be planned for the show.
Very good point, but alas it will not be heeded. Logic and messages boards kinda have a Kryptonite and Superman like relationship, it's pretty much considered deadly and avoided :lol:

Bronx Knight Rider
Stranger

Post by Bronx Knight Rider » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Lexicon wrote:My advice to you all of you is to quit speculating about all this. Every sentence you put in this thread along the lines of "Well it could (or should) happen like this..." is NOT a good thing. At the very least, just putting anything on an open (and popular) forum in terms of theoretical plots for a show that is not a reality yet makes it potentially difficult for writers to go down the road of bringing back KARR, Garthe, badguy of the week from episode 12 of season 3, or anyone else for that matter because forum posters can point the finger at the writers and scream "You took my idea without paying me money!" if the final product happens to remotely resemble what was said in the thread. The last thing I want to see is a show that has some potential ripped from the schedule and replaced with some reality TV crap because some doof in his parents basement decided to flesh out the entire first season of the show with ideas that are similar to what could be planned for the show.
Some doof??? listen man I don't live in my parents basement and I'm not a "doof". You on the other hand are ignorant. I can talk all I want about fleshing out because I'm not looking for a handout and I have a job. Get real and if you don't like what I write as long as it's not offensive, DON'T read it.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:17 pm

He's just saying that for legal reasons plots discussed on forums, fanfics, etc. cannot be touched. If you come up with an awesome plot here, NBC won't touch it and will be forced to use a potentially inferior plotline. It is fun to speculate, but everyone seems the need to submit fully fleshed out script treatments that really due us a disservice, while awesome as they may be, will never, ever air or be used due to legal restrictions. It's not about being paid or whatever, it's about covering their collective corporate butts.

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:38 pm

I'd give them the story if they wanted it for the sake of entertainment. They could pay me if they wanted of course but I'm sure I'd be cheaper has a free lance writer.

Bronx Knight Rider
Stranger

Post by Bronx Knight Rider » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Knight Runner wrote:I'd give them the story if they wanted it for the sake of entertainment. They could pay me if they wanted of course but I'm sure I'd be cheaper has a free lance writer.
Exactly. I don't care if they wanna use my ramblings on a public web page. As long as it makes our show better, so be it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:48 am

I agree, I don't care if they take my suggestions or ideas either as long as it leads to a better new Knight Rider series. Though, that's typically why writers and people in charge don't go and read message boards, especially if they're "idea" topics.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:11 am

Bronx Knight Rider wrote:
Knight Runner wrote:I'd give them the story if they wanted it for the sake of entertainment. They could pay me if they wanted of course but I'm sure I'd be cheaper has a free lance writer.
Exactly. I don't care if they wanna use my ramblings on a public web page. As long as it makes our show better, so be it.

The point is that in this case they can't use any of your ideas even if you say "USE IT!" unless they specifically ask you and you have to meet certain requirements to do that which NOBODY here does. Now if this was an official board run by the owners of the KR property, they could put something in the user agreement that states "Any content submitted to this forum by you becomes property of Universal Studios and you give up any right of ownership thereof..", and you could post whatever Hoff-centric plot ideas you wanted to as long as it was appropriate content for the board. Posting general ideas on where you want the show to go is perfectly fine and that's what we should all be doing but when you start writing out the exact minutiae of how you think KARR or Garthe can somehow be brought into the show with the Hoff helping, you're hacking away at the possible avenues that the show writers can explore and surprise us with. Even though just about everything I've read in many of these "I demand to see the Hoff and KITT brought back to fight KARR/Goliath/Garthe/badguy from episode 6 of season two but have them re-done so they are not outdated!" threads is pretty schlocky, there actually are some practical ideas that could theoretically work well for the show.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:36 am

Exactly, it's a liability issue, guys. NBC will never touch any of these ideas.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:18 am

That's why writers, producers and pretty much anyone in charge typically don't go around and look at fan message boards. If something similar is done they can claim coincidence and it'll be hard to prove it being anything but unless the idea is used exactly how presented by some one and even then it has to be proven that's where the idea came from and it has to be much more detailed than what's been posted here for the most part.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:18 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:That's why writers, producers and pretty much anyone in charge typically don't go around and look at fan message boards. If something similar is done they can claim coincidence and it'll be hard to prove it being anything but unless the idea is used exactly how presented by some one and even then it has to be proven that's where the idea came from and it has to be much more detailed than what's been posted here for the most part.
As I am well aware of this, it did surprise me very much that Dave Bartis and perhaps other producers have browsed this site and other Knight Rider-related sites to gain feedback. I'm sure they have to keep it to a bare minimum so as to avoid the issues that have already been brought up. But the truth of the matter is that there are only so many conceivable scenarios for story writing that in some instances it's next to impossible to not unintentionally duplicate a fan's idea. When a case like this happens, the writers/producers can claim coincidence, but that cannot be proven. So the question to me is: How could the difference between coincidence and plagiarism of someone's idea be distinguished? If there are no copyrights involved, could any fan really win in court? Although I know it's more about avoiding potential situations like that in the first place. All I am saying is that they may occur whether writers read fan boards or not.
Army_F_Body wrote:You can move or you can dwell on it till you have a brain tumor. Seems everyone wants monotonous, intricate explanations and painstaking connections to the past show. The reality is that this show has a limited budget (i.e. cheap writers) and no doubt writers that are younger than and probably have no real knowledge of TOS. How many shows do you know of that appeal to broad audiences that do what your asking? Star Trek couldn't. Star Wars couldn't. Basically any medium that transcends multiple generations of care will have holes.

Correct. I would also suggest not to think about it too much as the telepic already contains plot elements that are questionable as to providing adequate continuity (or lack thereof) to the original series. The more major elements can't simply be ignored, such as if K.A.R.R. is resurrected, but other than those situations it's best to stay away from attempting to bridge the new Knight Rider with the original series.
Army_F_Body wrote:Maybe they ought to hire their own continuity fanboy
I wish Hollywood would have done this during the writers strike. Nevertheless, it's the "professionals'" job to do the writing.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: