KR theme and Larson...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

KR theme and Larson...

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:00 pm

isnt Glen Larson Co credited with the writing of the theme tune for KR (which i believe is actually called 'one man can make a difference')????

and as such is he entitled to royalty from the new TV movie using an updated version of it??? (of course along with stu phillips...)

this is a separate question to the legal side of things that VK has been informing us of on here...

any ideas anyone???

Music Of The Knight
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KR theme and Larson...

Post by Music Of The Knight » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Yes, Glen is credited with writing the theme in conjuction with Stu. I have the sheet music of the original theme and it has both names listed.

I believe also that it was stated by Stu in the bonus features on Season 1 (when he was talking about the theme) that both of them worked together to come up with the theme.

As far as the royalty side of things, I would think that they will at least need to be legally credited for the original theme since the updated music is clearly taken from it.

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:49 pm

http://motekcorp.com/gscb/bacchus.mp3

Might sound familiar to you guys... :D

It's the March and Procession of BAcchus by Delibes, which is what they based the theme on....
http://www.knightfoundation.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:17 pm

This is a pretty cut-and-dried situation regarding credit and compensation for the music. If he's listed as writer, he'll get royalites. Whatever's going on in other legal areas regarding Larsen's executive producer status and compensation, the music would not be part of that.