Why does Knight Rider get so many chances?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Why does Knight Rider get so many chances?

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:58 pm

Apples and oranges Shapeshifter we're both right on this subject. I point out the probable flaws and you point out the possible strengths. Two sides to every dispute.

=VK=

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:34 pm

i agree entirely :kitt:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:49 pm

victor kros wrote:Apples and oranges Shapeshifter we're both right on this subject. I point out the probable flaws and you point out the possible strengths. Two sides to every dispute.

=VK=
You're exactly right, Victor, except i would say that you point out possible flaws and I point out probable strengths. 8)

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:18 am

I point out the things you depend on others not to see and we shall leave it at that.

jjsocrazy, Bob Kane invented Batman and was heavily involved with Tim Burton but Bob Kane is not alive to give details or advice about the direction of his own creation, Glen is still very much alive and passionate to retain as much creative control as possible. Therefore your point is moot and for the record, Batman Begins was successful because of a strong story and brilliant direction, something the latter films lacked after Burton left the franchise.

People like Richard Donner "get" characters like Superman and only he could "get it right" (in the feature film sense) . In my opinion the same is said for Glen, no one knows his characters like he does and how they should be updated or portrayed on screen.

=VK=

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:37 am

victor kros wrote:I point out the things you depend on others not to see and we shall leave it at that.

jjsocrazy, Bob Kane invented Batman and was heavily involved with Tim Burton but Bob Kane is not alive to give details or advice about the direction of his own creation, Glen is still very much alive and passionate to retain as much creative control as possible. Therefore your point is moot and for the record, Batman Begins was successful because of a strong story and brilliant direction, something the latter films lacked after Burton left the franchise.

People like Richard Donner "get" characters like Superman and only he could "get it right" (in the feature film sense) . In my opinion the same is said for Glen, no one knows his characters like he does and how they should be updated or portrayed on screen.

=VK=
I share the same points of view on the Batman and Superman films and would love to discuss them further, but it would take the thread off into too much of a tangent. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut is also most definitely worth checking out (despite several gaping plot holes), for anyone interested.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:00 am

Don't forget the Highlander franchise guys, it's come back from the dead many times with an endless supply of crappy sequels.

For KR, I believe it is because the formula for Knight Rider, a man and a cool car, is very simple and works easily with many ages. People that are 60 can become enthralled with it, and ofcourse children, teenagers, and young adult men will love a show or movie about fast cars. The appeal crosses generations too. Universal knows this, thats why they always go back to the Knight Rider well.

As pointed out, other parts of Knight Rider are nothing new at all. A dude going from one town to the next, battling crooked small time cops, cattle rustlers, or corrupt realtors was a storyline that MANY TV shows of the 1970s and 80s had going for them. Mr. T and The A-Team stopped their fair share of 80s bad guys wanting to tear down a children's playground so a mall could be put in it's place.

Knight Rider had a charming leading man and a really cool car. The idea as previously pointed out, also easily easily translates to far less finicky markets (compared to Americans) overseas. People in Europe and Asia will go bonkers for Knight Rider, just like a James Bond, Clint Eastwood or Superman movie. The original TV show was a huge success for many reasons. The novelty of it back in the 80s, the easy charm and chemsitry b/w Hasselhoff and William Daniel's voicework. The 80s series also had Edward Mulhare there to provide a distinguished presence and seriousness, so that it didn't get too ridiculous and cheesy. Knight Rider would have been a very different show if they got one of those cheeseball techy doctor guys (Rudy?) from The Six Million Dollar Man to play Devon Miles. I think the new series has the best chance to work, since it will go back to the premise of the original show, one man and one car. If the man and the car have the right chemistry and the supporting cast can at least sustain the show, then finally the franchise will back to old glory.

:kitt:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:27 pm

victor kros wrote:In my opinion the same is said for Glen, no one knows his characters like he does and how they should be updated or portrayed on screen.
Keep in mind that the NBC Movie features all new characters, so this shouldn't be an issue.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:22 pm

I'm going to pull out an example of my own: Miami Vice. The original creator, Michael Mann, directed it and gave it a darker and edgier tone. There were also brand new actors playing the roles of Crockett and Tubbs. It had a big budget and seemed that all the right modern ingredients were in place, but it flopped and seemed to have gotten "swept under the rug," so to speak. I'm hoping of course that the same won't happen with the Knight Rider film, because it's going to follow pretty much the same method, creatively. What I think is important to note, however, is that this franchise can appeal to a wider audience than MV, plus it's reusing an already successful plot device, the original Pilot episode. MV decided to go with an entirely new and bland plot, which could have been one of the aspects that killed it. Anyway, my point being is that even if the most logical methods are followed, it's not enough by itself. The story, Glen's influence, and of course, the car, will need to be the saving graces this time around.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:35 pm

I didn't like much the new Miami Vice movie either, the new Ferrari was cool though :) I think it's the new actors playing the same characters that bothers me, I couldn't help but think always how Don Johnson would play Sonny Crockett's role and how Philip Michael Thomas would play Tubbs role, etc. I think they should've have some other names, probably some new undercover cops from the same Miami police department the original tv-show was placed. I never like different actors playing the same character in any movie or tv-show.
The new movie just didn't have the same "MTV cops" kind of feel the original tv-series had. Since it was called Miami Vice, you'd expect to see something similar in style to the original Vice but when you didn't, it could've been just any other modern day action movie. To me the Miami Vice movie felt like KR2000 movie in Knight Rider world.
I still hope Miami Vice would get another chance too but more like the original, strong Miami Vice style.

MacGyver already have 2 movies shortly after the original tv-show ended but would be great to see it coming back as well. Modern world still have good use for handy and clever man like MacGyver :)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 am

victor kros wrote:I point out the things you depend on others not to see and we shall leave it at that.

=VK=

Bob Kane AND Bill Finger (who was royally screwed by DC and Bob Kane) created/invented Batman not to mention all the writers that have come and gone since (some bad, some good, some awful, some excellent), don't get me started on the Tim "I don't read comics" Burton Batman movies... Donner isn't the only person who could get Superman right (and what he did wasn't close to perfect but good for the time and the era his version of Superman was from), it doesn't take a genius to make a good movie around characters that have around 40 years (at the time of Superman: The Movie) or almost 70 years (Superman Returns) of history to pull inspiration from, it just takes a love of the characters and the respect of the source material and yeah being a talented director with the right people who also should share that passion. Respect and love for the source material is something Donner and his people had as does Chris Nolan and his people involved with the new Batman movies. Tim Burton, Joel Schumacher, Bryan Singer, the producers and writers did not.

While the new Knight Rider TV movie could be a disaster of Knight Rider 2000 proportions (okay, maybe not that bad) it doesn't mean only Glen Larson could do it right. If he is actually going to be using the same characters but replacing them with new actors then he's making the same mistake almost every other remake before him has made. Whether he likes it or not, David Hasselhoff is forever going to be Michael Knight, Edward Mulhare is forever going to be Devon Miles, William Daniels' will always be K.I.T.T. (at least with the new movie it will be established they won't be the same K.I.T.T. so it's forgivable), Patricia McPherson will forever be Bonnie Barstow and so on. He may have created the characters, but the actors that portrayed them is what gave them life and along with the other writers, other than the creator and the fans of the characters is what made them iconic. Knight Rider could have lasted a half a season and be largely forgotten about if it wasn't for a host of reasons other than who created the show. It'd be like doing a Magnum P.I. movie with someone other than Tom Selleck or like Miami Vice, oh right that was done okay, The Fall Guy without Lee Majors, then again I doubt we'll ever have to worry about a Fall Guy remake, at least I hope not, okay Six Million Dollar Man (they tried and it never got off the ground, thankfully though we still got a horrid Bionic Woman remake) oh and I was a fan of The Fall Guy when I was little and can still remember bits and pieces of it, I just don't want to see a new version of it at all. I and I'm sure most everyone else doesn't identify Knight Rider, Battlestar Galactica, Magnum P.I or any of the other shows Glen Larson was involved with, it's the characters as they were portrayed by the actors. The only actual memory I have of Glen Larson is the bit that came after the credits of him working on a typewriter, pulling the page out and having it float into a "G" with the music playing. I'm not saying a reimagining of the original Knight Rider can't be done, because it can, however the only way for it to truly be done right is for it to be done in a way that separates itself from the original, including not using the same names and only a limited, very limited amount of the same characteristics but keeping the spirit, that's what's important and something that is missed 9 out of 10 times.

Holy crap! This has turned into a rant!So I think I'll be quiet now and await the beating I have a feeling I'm going to take. :shock:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:03 am

Very well said, PHOENIXZERO. You raised a lot of points, but a lot of them belong in threads other than this one.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:04 am

Wasn't a big part of why the original series ended is due to costs of filming in so many different locations, newer series were limited to a room with sets and such, but I don't think it was very long after that that shows changed back to more filming locations. This could be a reason that the show was put back on the table.

SH

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:37 pm

Keep in mind that the NBC Movie features all new characters, so this shouldn't be an issue.
That is an ignorant statement, as I asked Shapeshifter before, why make it a continuation? Make it the "new" Knight Rider with a completely different take on the original. You can't have it both ways and discounting the value of the existing characters that came before is a diservice to the original source material.

=VK=

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:55 pm

victor kros wrote:
That is an ignorant statement, as I asked Shapeshifter before, why make it a continuation? Make it the "new" Knight Rider with a completely different take on the original. You can't have it both ways and discounting the value of the existing characters that came before is a diservice to the original source material.

=VK=
I don't think that's fair to say. Like people have mentioned before Glen was the original force for the series and the first half of season one. However, it lasted for 3.5 years without any to limited involvement from Glen. To say that the show can't exist without Glen insults all the people who put in their blood and sweat to keep it alive and write some of the most memorable Knight Rider episodes in many fans eyes.

Bob Kane isn't alive, but Chris Nolan's Batman films are being held in very high regard for the respect to the original material. I want both projects to succeed (the more Knight Rider the better) but to say that this project is going to cause a disservice to the original material without even seeing it is really unfair and close minded.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:13 pm

I want both projects to succeed (the more Knight Rider the better) but to say that this project is going to cause a disservice to the original material without even seeing it is really unfair and close minded.
Neil and Michael Pajaro,

What is unfair and close minded is how you've gone to great lengths to make clear your avid support of the NBCU pilot and that's fine but on the same hand as a "fan of all things Knight Rider" you have given very little support to Glen Larson as a creator or the feature film. That makes you hypocritcal. I have yet to see you say one thing about Glen from you, Michael Pajaro that hasn't been followed by negativity towards his accomplishments on the original show.

At least Neil attempts to stay unbaised. I point out facts, you point out feelings. I point out consistancy, you point out assimilation of ideas that at their core are not what Glen Larson or even Robert Foster ever intended.

I'm not discussing camps, I'm discussing damned respect to what Knight Rider is and what it stands for when it was first introduced. These principle morals and mottos have been sullied and tainted in the stream of reboot attempts that have followed.

Really, show some real integrity and just admit you're both a complete sellout to whoever attempts to take on the Knight Rider reigns. You do not know the distinction between creators and producers and you sure as hell do not respect them. To you, Knight Rider is whatever is dished out to you for better or worse and it is clear where your intentions lie.

And here Michael Pajaro is my proof where your intentions lie.

http://www.knightridermovie.com/

My problems aren't with either of you personally, it's with the decisions you've both made to swing the popular opinion of this site to your line of thinking and getting your site recognition with NBCU.

As for the NBCU pilot, people will watch it because the majority of people out there on the fence are curious to see what happens but in the long run, that is where it's true value will lie.

THAT is a fact whether it's about the car, story, characters, or actors.

=VK=

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:55 am

victor kros wrote:

=VK=
Some people wish to see the original Knight Rider return somehow. This in a way is making both sides happy. Those who wish to see a new take on KR will be towards Glen's film, others who want a continuation with somewhat of a new take (characters, new Knight Industries Three Thousand, Modern Day Tech, etc). I believe it is fair to have a choice for the people to view both the 2-hour pilot and the movie.
victor kros wrote:
I want both projects to succeed (the more Knight Rider the better) but to say that this project is going to cause a disservice to the original material without even seeing it is really unfair and close minded.
Neil and Michael Pajaro,

What is unfair and close minded is how you've gone to great lengths to make clear your avid support of the NBCU pilot and that's fine but on the same hand as a "fan of all things Knight Rider" you have given very little support to Glen Larson as a creator or the feature film. That makes you hypocritcal. I have yet to see you say one thing about Glen from you, Michael Pajaro that hasn't been followed by negativity towards his accomplishments on the original show.

At least Neil attempts to stay unbaised. I point out facts, you point out feelings. I point out consistancy, you point out assimilation of ideas that at their core are not what Glen Larson or even Robert Foster ever intended.

I'm not discussing camps, I'm discussing damned respect to what Knight Rider is and what it stands for when it was first introduced. These principle morals and mottos have been sullied and tainted in the stream of reboot attempts that have followed.

Really, show some real integrity and just admit you're both a complete sellout to whoever attempts to take on the Knight Rider reigns. You do not know the distinction between creators and producers and you sure as hell do not respect them. To you, Knight Rider is whatever is dished out to you for better or worse and it is clear where your intentions lie.

My problems aren't with either of you personally, it's with the decisions you've both made to swing the popular opinion of this site to your line of thinking and getting your site recognition with NBCU.

As for the NBCU pilot, people will watch it because the majority of people out there on the fence are curious to see what happens but in the long run, that is where it's true value will lie.

=VK=
The reason why I believe that Mike Pajaro and Neil have been supporting the show as you stated Victor is because that is all we have right now on Knight Rider and this is a Knight Rider board so anything that is out there has to be promoted and/or discussed of course. We all miss it and have been waiting a LONG TIME for the movie and any news about it. Finally the 2-hour pilot is coming along and you have been basically bashing it because they didn't ask Glen's permission (which I honestly believe is disgusting how they did that), however if people choose to view the show and promote it, they should feel free to. Give us some promotional stuff to dish out and believe me we will, the "Support Glen" thing you gave us I have put on all my message boards I am a part of, myspace, facebook, etc. If anything I promote the movie way more than the show. I am sure that when the trailer and teasers are realeased for this movie it will be shown to the max, but for now nothing is out for the movie so what can we promote after been waiting for so long as well. It should be respected on both ends of the 2-hour pilot and the movie

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:03 am

victor kros wrote:
Really, show some real integrity and just admit you're both a complete sellout to whoever attempts to take on the Knight Rider reigns.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! If you can't be honest to yourselves and the fans, YOU DON'T DESERVE THIS WEBSITE or ANY AFFILIATION YOU TRY TO GET WITH THE REST OF THE KR UNIVERSE!!

BASICALLY, YOU SUCK JUST AS MUCH AS THE SHOW WILL SUCK...

SH

Duster
Rookie

Post by Duster » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:17 am

spyhunter wrote:
victor kros wrote:
Really, show some real integrity and just admit you're both a complete sellout to whoever attempts to take on the Knight Rider reigns.
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! If you can't be honest to yourselves and the fans, YOU DON'T DESERVE THIS WEBSITE or ANY AFFILIATION YOU TRY TO GET WITH THE REST OF THE KR UNIVERSE!!

BASICALLY, YOU SUCK JUST AS MUCH AS THE SHOW WILL SUCK...

SH
Oh my god. How old are you??

Say what you want, Battlestar Galactica has proven that an old show in new hands can be turned into something really great. And before anyone has seen the new series nobody can predict this Knight Rider incarnation won't follow the same way as BSG did or still does.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:24 am

I agree with you jjsocrazy, I do no have the resources at the moment to start delivering proof that our feature film is moving forward other then word of mouth and the Knightcon 07 video. After the WGA strike this will change and I think it's best at this point just to go back to my original purpose here which is to conduct research for the feature film and give updates that I'm allowed to give.

As far as the NBCU backdoor pilot is concerned, I will agree to disagree and leave it at that for the time being. I've come to realize there are different levels of Knight Rider fandom and this site has proven where it stands. I respect the efforts to create a hub for all things Knight Rider Neil has accomplished and it's clear Michael Pajaro and I will rarely see eye to eye.

I gave my reasons, I will not change them. I know a year or two from now there will be a flip side to all this negativity and when that time comes, I will remember who was loyal to the original creators' vision and who settled for less.

There are good people on here and its for those people I've decided to change my approach. Anyone wants to know how I feel about where Knight Rider is heading be it the feature film, backdoor pilot, or just in general may IM me privately or read my previous posts and I'll be happy to discuss the matter where it won't cause further conflict on the boards. As long as people understand that by saying nothing, I am not agreeing to what's been done or what's being done to this great franchise, that's what matters on a personal front.

Enjoy your holidays and here's to the New Year to come.

=VK=
:dash:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:55 am

victor kros wrote:
Neil and Michael Pajaro,

=VK=
i hope to god this show will not end like the dead zone, journeyman, and that nbcU gets its act together

six sigma is killing this channel

i would have to watch this movie to see if it is a KR2000 remake or something different entirely

is anybody sure that Glen Larson has no input in this movie? if he has no input this will be history repeating itself all over again, but i wont be sure until i see it and give my final opinion on it. so the jury is still out for me. and i will have to wait and see it until February 2008
Save the Clocktower!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:02 am

spyhunter wrote:Wasn't a big part of why the original series ended is due to costs of filming in so many different locations, newer series were limited to a room with sets and such, but I don't think it was very long after that that shows changed back to more filming locations. This could be a reason that the show was put back on the table.

SH
"what you said was incoherent" i believe they set it fail due to moving the time slots around to compete with other network shows, money and ratings is an unacceptable excuse
Save the Clocktower!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:09 pm

Victor,

I've gone back and forth the last 12 hours on whether or not to even reply to this - cause we're trying to keep the peace here, and this confrontation is something I want to avoid. However, I feel there is alot of falsehoods spoken here that need to be addressed. As someone who has only been around for 3 months - you sure are making alot of assumptions and quick work at attempting to destory this community.

It's this lack of historical insight that has really begun to rub me the wrong way. Michael and I have been building our own Knight Rider sites for 12 years. To call us anything but dedicated in insulting. We have supported countless rumors, series, newspaper articles, TV apperances time and time again, reporting in an unbiased fashion at all costs. Even the tiniest of rumors as fed us year after year and helped build this site into the most popular community on the web.

It disheartens me after all our efforts (both personally and financially), someone could walk out of the woodwork and accuse us of being biased. If you had visited Michael's site before yesterday or any time over the last three years, you would see how dedicated Michael has been to Glen's efforts - as the Knight Rider Movie has been a static display for 18 months. 18 Months. Nothing but a huge effort bringing focus to the movie and calling out a quickly dusting Variety article.

And that right there is just it. In the last eighteen months - we've heard nothing publically about the KR Film. How dare you chastise us for supporting the only Knight Rider project that is anything more than vaporware in the last 10 years. I have time and time again posted here in support of both projects. I have time and time again said that we want an environment to support both projects. It only looks like we aren't supporting the KR Film - because there is so much new information to report about the TV Film.

You've called yourself a liason to the fans for Glen countless times. But I'm really starting to doubt how much you are actually just using Glen's name and dragging it through the mud. How could anyone be so negative towards the very communities that have been supporting and educating Glens vision for countless years is really leaving me at a lack of words.

You claim that we're not showing respect for what Knight Rider is and what it stands for? Care to sight how? All we have been asking is to wait until the film is released before we make judgements. That isn't being a sellout - it's human courtesy. We all had high hopes for TKR - but we all for the most part pubically lambaste it. We're a group of like minded fans trying to believe that one man can make a difference, and just like the core of Knight Rider - we're trying to be positive with what life hands us. Knight Rider was not about being negative.

Let me be clear - I have nothing but the utmost respect for Glen and all that he created and accomplished. But as fans it shouldn't be that we have to support him exclusively while completely ignoring the key elements that made Knight Rider successful and people trying to support that. Since I don't know Glen personally I can't claim to know the man, but I hope that he is a person who understands this. Cause if he does, I feel that you are doing such a huge diservice to him by attacking the very audience he's hoping to win with his movie.

In a nutshell - I'm tired of this. I'm going to keep doing what I do, wether you support it or not. I'm going to post every single bit of information I find about the NBC project - and I will do the same when it comes time for Glen's project to take center stage. It's what we've done for 12 years and it's what we'll do for 12 more. I'd love to have you here Victor as a positive influnce and a constructive liason to Glen - but it's starting to feel that maybe this isn't a relationship worth supporting - and I'd hate for it to get to that point, cause I don't want it to.

Regards,

Neil

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:07 pm

I support Neil. The problem is that each of us understands "Knight Rider" differently. I stand for both sides, for NBC's project and Glen's. At this time i'm more interested in NBC's project, because it will reach our eyes earlier than Glen's movie, because NBC's project could turn to the new series, not as Glen's, because there's more news from NBC than Glen. Please understand us, Victor. I respect you, please respect us.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:59 pm

Radicalas wrote:I support Neil. The problem is that each of us understands "Knight Rider" differently. I stand for both sides, for NBC's project and Glen's. At this time i' m more interested in NBC's project, because it will reach our eyes earlier than Glen's movie, because NBC's project could turn to the new series, not as Glen's, because there's more news from NBC than Glen. Please understand us, Victor. I respect you, please respect us.
i am not going to get into this feud. leave it at that.
like what i said before i am interested in both nbc's and glen's movies and only time will tell if nbc got their act together!
Knight Rider is much better than Bones, CSI, and that reality survivor crap that the networks are air now a days.

six sigma kills innovation and creativity in television. until nbc gets this, nbc will become the new abc of anti-sci fi. even the sci fi channel is getting rid of their sci fi programming so this proves that nbc may be leaving thier viewers in the dust so hope and pray!!!

:kitt:
Save the Clocktower!

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:22 pm

I fully support Neil and Mike. As a fellow "Old Timer", dating back to the old Cybercomm Hedgehog days, I've known these guys to be honest, genuine fans of Knight Rider, who have done more for our online web presence than any others around the world. They have reported every titbit, captured every news item, and maintained this board for fans to continue to chat about Knight Rider for the last 12 years. And you know what? One of the biggest topics of conversation here during a big chunk of that time has been the Movie: the Big Budget, Big Screen Movie that has been promised us for a very, very long time. The movie that went through many different incarnations, but that Glen Larson is finally producing.

To claim a bias is not only unfair, but untrue. Feel free to search comments and reviews of Knight Rider 2000, Knight Rider 2010, and Team Knight Rider. After those projects, forgive us for being excited that there are two -- count them, two -- Knight Rider projects on the near horizon, both with a fresh take on the material. We're getting the best of both worlds... a big budget reboot and a continuation of the series we have loved this past quarter century. That's a long time to love a TV show. We're passionate about it. We're passionate about this fandom. Not passionate in the way it's been alleged that these TV people are passionate about it -- they get paid well for their work. We pay for our sites and domains and forums. If recognition was the motivating factor, I can think of a hundred better ways to get it. We do this for the love of the show. Heck, that's why I'm posting here at 03:15 on Christmas Morning! Do Not think excessive coverage of one project means we are ignoring the other. When Glen's movie is in production there will be neverending reports on every aspect of the production. Links to articles and blog entries and every scrap of information that hits the media. Likewise, if the new NBC movie is below-par, there will be honest reviews. But supporting the TV project does not automatically equate to us not supporting the movie; that shows a basic misunderstanding of our community, and the people that work so damned hard to keep it together.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;