4th gen Knight Rider Dashboard

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

4th gen Knight Rider Dashboard

Post by Josch Schulz » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:13 am

Does anybody have very high quality Pics from an 4th gen Knight Rider Dashboard, in fron where exelent, please help:

Josch

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:41 pm

Theres no such thing as a forth Gen Knight Rider car.

Only fan interpritations such as the ones I did below.

Brian - Knightdriver.com

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:39 pm

wow!! is that a real dash or a photoshopped image?? i based my KIFT model dash on a dash like that

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

K N I G H T 2 0 2 0
Stranger

Post by K N I G H T 2 0 2 0 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:46 pm

Theres no such thing as a forth Gen Knight Rider car.

Only fan interpritations such as the ones I did below.
Puh-lease. Only fan interpretations? So why have I spent the last year and a half of my life making a lower console, sculpting a new LT1 T/A Bumper, building scanners, and laying out plans for the replacement dash?

Actually Rob Louisell used to have a few links on an available 4th Gen KR dash. It looked really good; it was covered in factory vinyl, had blue gauges, but looked a bit plain.

I plan to use the LM3914 display driver IC to power the new indicator alerts. Power wires from each indicator will also drive individual sound modules featuring William Daniel's voice. The VOX will most likely resemble seasons 3-4.

As of today all I have finished are the bumper and one version of the lower console, a 10 Stage Remote Scanner which powers Xenon bi-pin bulbs, and a Fan Swith Module which allows intemittant control of the Hi/Low speed coolant fans.

The dash is the next project I tackle. It will take a while to complete, but it's coming. As is Rob's newest project, also a 4th Gen effort.

Knight Driver, your Photoshop renderings are more than two years old and you've allowed no room for even such simple ammenities as heater and air conditioning vents. Your efforts alone do not represent the KR hobby as a whole. Maybe if you spent more time on your tired forth generation project instead of reinventing the wheel with Bo and regurgitating yet another Vox that looks exactly like every other ever produced, you're dash might be more than just a interpretation.

Here are some pictures of the completed bumper and a link to a video hosted by Photobucket. Don't give up hope on the 4th Gen KR dream. It's coming, no matter who says it's a figment of fan imagination.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:37 pm

Pul-eeease yourself.

Kind of a snotty attitude there bud!

From what I see, yours is a FAN INTERPRITATION too.

Yes, my photoshop is a few years old. Big F$%in deal.
(yes, it is photoshopped by the way, not a real car).
It was only done for fun originally. Anything planned for
actualy production would be different that this. One thing
I CAN say is that It's no worse looking than that turd of a
nose you just posted. WTF is that thing. Looks like you
ripped of Don Colies design. Real original man. Now, take your
attitude and stick it as it was uncalled for.

As for rehashing old voiceboxes and such, hey, your the only butt
plug who doesn't like them. Bet you dont talk to the other people who
make this stuff like that. You have no F@#$ing clue what we are
working on. But I can assure you that it is far better looking than
what you have shown us here.

Hows that for an attitude........ :evil:

No where di I tell anyone to give up on a 4th Gen dream. Just
said there is no actual 4th Gen KITT. Yes, there are plenty of
fan based designs. Don, Rob and so on. But thats just what
they are, FAN BASED designed. Don't get so butt hurt over
a comment that had no harm in it. :?

Sorry to the regular posters on this board. Just hate when newbies
feel they can bash others work and then show what he thinks is better. :roll:
Brian - Knightdriver.com

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:10 pm

Actually Rob Louisell used to have a few links on an available 4th Gen KR dash. It looked really good; it was covered in factory vinyl, had blue gauges, but looked a bit plain.
Nope.

Rob has never had a 4th gen dash. Yet.

That was Don Colie.

K N I G H T 2 0 2 0
Stranger

Post by K N I G H T 2 0 2 0 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:48 pm

I love riling up all you KR nuts. And though I've worked along side your efforts for a while now, I do recognize the fact you are indeed ill. You're so perfectly righteous about just nothing.

These projects take a lot of work from vendors, that's true, and with work well done should come a sense of pride, but you guys are so pretentious it gives me a headache. I respect not a single one of you, save for Knightman. When are you going to realize that Knight Rider was television show, terribly written, acted, edited, and owned by not a single one of you? It's the spirit of KR that should matter, one man making a difference for the benfit of the many and so forth and how that message translates to REALITY; not one man for himself and his posse of ambiguously gay group thinkers.

Poor poor Knightman, I sympathize. If it wasn't for your collective lack of humilty he might realize this is still a hobby and not the status plateau many of you have made it. Who do you think you are? The man lost his dream, his dignity, his respect, and the deed to his house. I've written an essay on the matter, as I felt I had something to say worth remembering about what never to do or allow to happen with something so inconsequential.

It's time this hobby was taken down a peg, too many people have suffered needlessly. It's crap. Post after post of arrogant circle jerking and fellatio.

And as far as Don Colie's 4th Gen bumper; whoa, can anyone say Mitsubishi? *?$#. Rob's Banshee nose is much nicer, and much more similar to the one I've made than Don's POS. What a fastidious eye you have KnightDriver.

Though even Rob and Don have dirt on their hands. A hen house, that what this hobby is, a sewing circle of bitches all scrambling to equate the word replica with original. There is no original when you begin with an exact copywrited idea you silly pile of philistine ignorance.

Any one non-vendor who spends over a $1000 dollars on anything is a fool and being taken. Put some effort into your work and see what you can do. Don't rely on support from your peers, as they care only as much as others will read.

I marvelled over Bo's box when I saw if for myself the first time, but the audacity and arrogance and stonewalling of of this non-hobby ruins it everytime. My car may be a piece of *?$#, but I've built every piece by hand, researched every avenue of development, and in the end it will be closer to the actual meaning of the word orginal than any of the other 'replicas' assembled with parts hocked by the those who personify pride, greed, and gluttony.

And for the record I'll have a forth gen dash this time next year. Enjoy your bootleg version of Photoshop KnightDriver, and your sloppy, cousin-made, dash cartoon without air, heat, or a chance at seeing the light of day. If only you cared as much about what you might build, if your heart were in the right place and not drowning in your constant need for approval from greedy bourgeois nuns, your over-detailed dash might become something more original. But then no one could kiss your ass over accuracy, and all your hard work would be lost in some effort without the guarantee of keeping your place at the hand of the Customizer. I understand, why even bother.

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:20 am

It's time this hobby was taken down a peg
Wow~ Taking the hobby down a peg? Are you going back into business?!

You had a web site called lastknightfiberglass.com that went belly up.

Nobody bought your nose and consoles....

Why?

Because... Nobody wanted them.

Now you come here like this on Neil's fine board and proceed to make an ass out of yourself.

You didn't take the hobby down a notch.

Just any respect anyone may have had for you.

I am deactivating your account at the Foundation as we really don't need your... ilk.

I am sure you will have a yet snappy come back from behind your keyboard.

Neil, MPajaro and All here at KRO... so sorry that the dirt of the conversion hobby has decided to muddy up your nice clean floor.
Last edited by BoMcD on Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyknight
Recruit

Post by Skyknight » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:31 am

K N I G H T 2 0 2 0 wrote:I love riling up all you KR nuts. And though I've worked along side your efforts for a while now, I do recognize the fact you are indeed ill. You're so perfectly righteous about just nothing.

These projects take a lot of work from vendors, that's true, and with work well done should come a sense of pride, but you guys are so pretentious it gives me a headache. I respect not a single one of you, save for Knightman. When are you going to realize that Knight Rider was television show, terribly written, acted, edited, and owned by not a single one of you? It's the spirit of KR that should matter, one man making a difference for the benfit of the many and so forth and how that message translates to REALITY; not one man for himself and his posse of ambiguously gay group thinkers.

Poor poor Knightman, I sympathize. If it wasn't for your collective lack of humilty he might realize this is still a hobby and not the status plateau many of you have made it. Who do you think you are? The man lost his dream, his dignity, his respect, and the deed to his house. I've written an essay on the matter, as I felt I had something to say worth remembering about what never to do or allow to happen with something so inconsequential.

It's time this hobby was taken down a peg, too many people have suffered needlessly. It's crap. Post after post of arrogant circle jerking and fellatio.

And as far as Don Colie's 4th Gen bumper; whoa, can anyone say Mitsubishi? *?$#. Rob's Banshee nose is much nicer, and much more similar to the one I've made than Don's POS. What a fastidious eye you have KnightDriver.

Though even Rob and Don have dirt on their hands. A hen house, that what this hobby is, a sewing circle of bitches all scrambling to equate the word replica with original. There is no original when you begin with an exact copywrited idea you silly pile of philistine ignorance.

Any one non-vendor who spends over a $1000 dollars on anything is a fool and being taken. Put some effort into your work and see what you can do. Don't rely on support from your peers, as they care only as much as others will read.

I marvelled over Bo's box when I saw if for myself the first time, but the audacity and arrogance and stonewalling of of this non-hobby ruins it everytime. My car may be a piece of *?$#, but I've built every piece by hand, researched every avenue of development, and in the end it will be closer to the actual meaning of the word orginal than any of the other 'replicas' assembled with parts hocked by the those who personify pride, greed, and gluttony.

And for the record I'll have a forth gen dash this time next year. Enjoy your bootleg version of Photoshop KnightDriver, and your sloppy, cousin-made, dash cartoon without air, heat, or a chance at seeing the light of day. If only you cared as much about what you might build, if your heart were in the right place and not drowning in your constant need for approval from greedy bourgeois nuns, your over-detailed dash might become something more original. But then no one could kiss your ass over accuracy, and all your hard work would be lost in some effort without the guarantee of keeping your place at the hand of the Customizer. I understand, why even bother.
What the hell is your problem dude? :? You in need of some medication or what? :roll:
BoMcD wrote: Neil, MPajaro and All here at KRO... so sorry that the dirt of the conversion hobby has decided to muddy up your nice clean floor.
I second that.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:36 am

And he said "I" ws ill.

After reading that, I think he should look in a mirror.

I am not going to bother saying anything further. I just
found out who this guy is and wont waste the typing.

:roll:
Brian - Knightdriver.com

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:05 am

Bo, guys, im sorry i got dragged into this ..
man i have had enough of it...
--knightman--

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:29 am

You did nothing wrong, friend...

You had a dream, you went for it.

It didnt work.... This time.

You got a LOT further than a lot of folks in pursauing a crazy dream.

You've beat yourself up enough.

Heal.

Fix a few Things.

Keep Dreaming...

It took me 20 years between my first car and my new one.

Get the important things ironed down, ENJOY life.

You CAN get a positive grounded approach on this.

There are NO hard feelings. We showed how much we care about YOU and how we all want you to be happy...

Blessings on ya.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:30 am

Hey rhdaussiekitt (aka: Knightman)

You have no reason to be sorry. This character pulled your
name into this thread. Why, I am not sure. I think he is
facinated with you or something?

He obviously has some issues to deal with and like to turn
the table and point out others problems to take away from
his own lack of creativity and misery.

Hang in there, things will work themselves out for you!
Just ingnore the banter this idiotic homophobe projects!

It's not worth the stress.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:38 am

thanks mate, i know it took a lot of posts from verous people on the other board too , to make me realize that yeah i i did this the wrong way,peeved afew people off, including family etc.....

bo i think your a great sport and think the world of you,
thanks for not throwing me out...
wish there was some way of going back to knightman on here, i cant seem to find my old password and have probably changed email since orginally joining..
maybe some things should be just left as dreams :?

pps
homophobe projects!
shouldnt that be knightophobe
:?:
--knightman--

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:56 am

pps
homophobe projects!
shouldnt that be knightophobe
Well,

By reading that guys post, I think I nailed it correctly.

Tell ya one thing, He is one to talk about doing bad photoshop
work. Those pictures he posted are horrid. I did mine in 2
days of learning the program and have been told they are
pretty good. Either way, everyone has an opinion and you
know the saying, Opinions are like A**holes. Everyone has one
(and some are bigger than others)

Boy did we find that out here! :roll:

Keep your chin up man, You'll be back in the game before
you know it! 8)
Brian - Knightdriver.com

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 pm

I can resend your password to you...

Sorry to be dealing with this here.

Knightman, you arent defeated...just delayed.

Bujin
Stranger

Post by Bujin » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:02 pm

I actually went through the trouble of registering on this board just so that I could say that I can't believe I actually have to share the same town as this Knight2020 idiot.

I also find it hilarious that he chose to attack someone else's Photoshop skills, given that the photos he posted of his painted car are so obviously a Photoshop hack job.

There goes the neighborhood...

== Sean

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:02 pm

if he's against the hobby and thinks it should be taken down a peg or two then surely he's posting on the wrong forums??

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:43 am

photoshopped or not it looked good...

if anyone were to build and patent it, now that would be nice...

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:48 am

@KnightDriver
Absolutley FANTASTIC pics! I thought they were real for a second that just means that its a really nice photoshop job (especially with such small experience) that is amazing!

@KNIGHT 2020
What the hell is wrong with you! Your photoshop skills aren't up to par so why go ragging on about somebody elses skill.

@rhdaussiekitt/knightman
its good to see that things are coming clearer to you now about the whole situation and I agree with BoMcD "you are not defeated, just delayed"

By the way I can see an air vent and KITT was designed with technology that probably didn't require those sort of air vents anyway.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:56 am

We really should avoid drama and put-downs here. It's bad enough to see those Mustang, LS1, and other muscle car forums whose members put down anything where someone spent money for something other than a "performance modification." To me, KITT had and still has the most advanced, fantastic dashboard ever to be put in a car, and that includes all those Bimmers and Lexus cars that are out there today. My hat goes off to anyone building a replica or incorporating KITT-style dashboards into other cars (like with KnightDriver's images)! But going all the way back to the original question about a "4th generation dash", I'm just throwing out a possibility here, but could it be the case that he was really talking about a 4th SEASON dash?
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:01 am

I remember seeing KnightDriver's pictures a while back, and I must admit that they are, at least in part, inspiration for this:

The rest can be seen at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390119 :-)
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 am

oh yeah I remeber you posting your pics somewhere before, there awesome :D :-P
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:46 am

Wow they look like aircraft controls at the upper console thats cool!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

frank_knight
Recruit

Post by frank_knight » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:53 am

Boy, that KNIGHT2020 guy sure knows how to make a fan feel loved! Id surely go right out and buy your beautiful products that you have spent so much time and effort on after knowing I am thought of as an ambiguously gay fan for posting on this board. Yea, why should I co spend my money on products from Don when yours looks so much better, and you have such a great attitude towards potential customers!What a complete effing A$$
"I am the voice of Knight Industries Two Thousands, microprocessor.... K.I.T.T. for easy reference, KITT if you prefer."