Music on Season 1 DVDs

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Andela
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Music on Season 1 DVDs

Post by Andela » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:11 am

Hi!
Nobody ever mentioned this but I belive that the music is mixed down on the Season 1 DVDs. Especially on White Bird when Michael and Stevie are heading for the mountains in the final scenes. And also in Knight Moves when wee first see K.I.T.T. and his dash gadgets. Also in the end of that episode when his taking Terry to that place. I have these episodes on VHS and i belive that the tunes are louder there.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:37 am

Correct! The sound is said to be improved somehow. Apart from that, your DVD's should have a lot better bitrate or audio quality compared with your VHS's! :)
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Andela
Recruit

Post by Andela » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:39 am

Yes it does have a higher bitrate but I still hear the music more on the tv versions wich gives more feeling on these above mentioned scenes. And if the sound is improved dosen´t mean it would take away the music and leave it behind. Not that serious but a little :?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:53 am

Well, I'm not sure whether the music in the background should fade a way, because of the high bitrate?

I guess they were aiming for the effects and not the music in the background (on the DVD's), I think that's why the sound of the music is so much clearer on VHS.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:48 pm

Problem with DVD's though, although they are better quality, they are generally lower in volume. when some things are transferred to DVD, the sound volumes do get changed.

I think you are right about these songs. possibly becase they were recorded on a different line and then edited in, so when they were "improved", the volume was mismatched to the rest of the DVD

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica