A question about KR 2010

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Gho$ty
Volunteer

A question about KR 2010

Post by Gho$ty » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:38 pm

I know that KR KR2000 and TKR have a connection to each storyline but since KR 2010 has a different car and a different pilot i was wondering could KR 2010 have any connection with those series?

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Radicalas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:47 pm

I don't think so, they took the name of the KR, that they earn more money, the connection is that, that the car talked and the name of the movie includes "Knight Rider". I have seen this movie about one year ago, it sucks, there is nothing very interesting, ordinary unsuccessful movie.

Gho$ty
Volunteer

Post by Gho$ty » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:53 pm

But have u seen episodes of TKR after the "Legion Of Doom" episode.I thought David Hasselhoff was suppose to make an appearance in TKR but i never seen any episodes after that...Where a man claiming to be Michael Knight said that he is him and then it just ended and there were no more episodes after that...

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:02 pm

There is no more episodes after Legion Of Doom, this episode was finish of season one, after that TKR was cancelled, because the ratings was too low.

Gho$ty
Volunteer

Post by Gho$ty » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:43 pm

Dam too bad :( Probably becouse the people miss the old series and TKR isnt just like KR anymore.I wonder,will any series of KR will continue or they make new movies of KR with David as the pilot ofcourse :)

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:55 pm

The Weinsteins Company has announced they will going to shoot new movie of KR. This movie must out in 2008, although it has been started shooting a lot of times but unsuccessful, but now it has been putted in serious hands, the new Knight Rider WRITER will be Glen A. Larson (Original Knight Rider writer). More information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

pbryant_knight
Operative

Post by pbryant_knight » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Radicalas wrote:There is no more episodes after Legion Of Doom, this episode was finish of season one, after that TKR was cancelled, because the ratings was too low.
That was because TKR was EXTREMELY crap!!!!

I remember when they announced it was coming out, i was so excited. i didn't think KR2000 was all that bad for a series sequel, but i was soon let down by TKR.

I wasn't in when it was aired so i taped it to watch later. I got halfway through and was compelled to turn it off with the thought "what have they done" running through my head.

A VERY sad day indeed :(

Peter
One Man Can Make A Replica

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:08 pm

Believe it or not, Knight Rider 2010 DID INDEED have ties with the original series. It WAS suppose to be reuniting David's Michael and William's K.I.T.T. in a futuristic setting and become some sort of off week series, like the rest of the Action Pack had been doing. (TekWars, Adventures of Hercules, Smokey & Bandit, etc.) Alas, the writers reached for the stars and it all blew up in their faces. But, they somehow salvaged the name. ... ... ...whoop-ti-do.

It was the only KR 2010 episode, running as the very last episode of a dying series. (That wound up changing their approach and becoming the far more successful, weekly series of TekWar, Hercules...Team Knight Rider...a couple others.)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:03 pm

I don't believe there was any connection, it just used the same formula of "one man and his car team up to fight crime" in the future.

Only it was a bit different. The ending had potential for a great set up but alas, it was not to be.

Probably because the last hour and a half sucked.