Hoffman to be in London Pantomime

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rossy
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hoffman to be in London Pantomime

Post by Rossy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:16 am

Heard on the Radio today he is to star in a Play in London Panto style
will look out for more details

LOL

Oh yes i will

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:15 am

Britta
Recruit

Post by Britta » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 am

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am

That sure sounds great! I hope he will get to do some more stage work here in the U.S., too.
I hope 'the Hoff' knocks'em dead as Captain Hook come December of this year! :D :dance: 8) :wink: :wink:

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:52 pm

That's cool he is playing Captian hook. That photo of him he looks kinda thin I think, poor guy. I love the quote, "he will not be appearing in it (Baywatch movie) because he is too old to run along the beach in a pair of red shorts."

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:26 pm

I have a curious question for those who live in England: Does panto style mean pantomime or something else in the United Kingdom?
Also, I don't think DH is too old to do "Baywatch" anymore; I think it's all due to DH himself having run along the beach in swim trunks too long during the show's run, and doesn't want to do that anymore.
Even so, I hope he does well in that "Peter Pan" production as Captain Hook.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:02 pm

The Sun (Tabloid Newspaper) wrote:Hoff's career is behind him

BAYWATCH legend David Hasselhoff is swapping rescuing beauties on an LA beach — for pantomime in Britain.

The perma-tanned star has agreed to play Captain Hook in a Christmas production of Peter Pan.

But Hoff’s fall from Hollywood TV idol to panto baddie is being eased in a deal worth £300,000.
Hmm, when I read this I thought "So he's getting paid a reasonable amount for performing stage shows which he likes doing. How is that a step-down?!"

Good luck to the Hoff :D

Full Story

Britta
Recruit

Post by Britta » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:08 am

Lyn wrote:I have a curious question for those who live in England: Does panto style mean pantomime or something else in the United Kingdom?
Also, I don't think DH is too old to do "Baywatch" anymore; I think it's all due to DH himself having run along the beach in swim trunks too long during the show's run, and doesn't want to do that anymore.
Even so, I hope he does well in that "Peter Pan" production as Captain Hook.
In Germany we found:

a) pantomime
b) fairytale during the Christmas time

:-)

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:45 am

Panto (Pantomime) is a British tradition. During the Christmas period (usually from late November to the middle of January) theatres all over the country perform pantos such as "Aladdin", "Peter Pan", "Cinderella", "Babes in the Wood", "Dick Whittington" and "Sinbad the Sailor", and its a chance to see all your favourite actors and actresses (usually D-list soap stars and reality tv show winners).

The main thing about panto, though, is that it is great family fun, and the kids love it. There is a lot of audience participation, as they are invited to join in -- the characters interact with the audience and vice versa ("He's Behind You!!" "Oh, no he isn't!" "Oh, yes he is!" etc.)

It's great that David's signed up; he must be one of the highest profile stars to do so in recent times. Sir Ian McKellan played Widow Twanky at the Old Vic last year, and Mr. T. was Aladdin's Genie back in the early 1990s.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Aussie_Delta
Volunteer

Post by Aussie_Delta » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:34 am

Grrr!!! Why isn't he in Australia for his world tour kick off??? *sob* I was really looking forward to it... Oh well, I'm sure he'll play a great Captain Hook. I agree: he does look very thin.

Aussie-Delta

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:42 pm

Geez, Aussie Delta, I feel your pain! And I don't even live in Australia, either!
I hope DH will eventually get around to doing his Australian concert tour for you folks there, because I feel all of you should see a good concert show, too.
I thank Knight Rider Archive's help on describing what a panto play is, since I'm not really familiar with that kind of performance art from England at all yet.
I'm also a fan of 'the Hoff's' music myself, Aussie Delta. :wink: