kr movie cancelled

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRFAN
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

kr movie cancelled

Post by KRFAN » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 pm

no more funds :( :o

Jenna
Rookie

Post by Jenna » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:40 pm

HUH WHAT U MEAN ITS CANCELLED WHERE U HEAR THIS AT I NEED PROOF

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:01 pm

Simply hearing that it's been cancelled doesn't translate into it being true. Announcing its cancellation needs based on hard evidence rather than a rumour, whether it be a rumour from an entertainment news show, or rumour that has spread via word of mouth. At this point in time, the project appears to be on hold for all intents and purposes.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:27 am

Cancelled??

How can It be cancelled?, When it's still just a rumour that someone could be looking at making it?, 5 Years and we still only know that David wants to star in it?......No actors, No script and No car!.

I don't think You should believe what you hear (Or read On the Internet?)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: kr movie cancelled

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:46 am

KRFAN wrote:no more funds :( :o
If you're going to make a thread like this, would you mind at least stating what your sources are?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:05 am

I think we got the point, don't you think?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

KRFAN
Operative

Re: kr movie cancelled

Post by KRFAN » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:02 am

Lost Knight wrote:
KRFAN wrote:no more funds :( :o
If you're going to make a thread like this, would you mind at least stating what your sources are?

sorry forgot :oops: a friend of mine told me
he's a knight rider fan too but he
not on here .

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:10 am

Well that would explain a lot, what I don't get is that this film was in the making, going through cancellations, scripting errors and the like, and they havn't cancelled the bloody thing yet, there is still hope, at least we hope, if not, we're buggered. :(

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:05 pm

Sgt_BFG wrote:Well that would explain a lot, what I don't get is that this film was in the making, going through cancellations, scripting errors and the like, and they havn't cancelled the bloody thing yet, there is still hope, at least we hope, if not, we're buggered. :(

hey it was misstake !!!

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:22 pm

KRFAN wrote:
Sgt_BFG wrote:Well that would explain a lot, what I don't get is that this film was in the making, going through cancellations, scripting errors and the like, and they havn't cancelled the bloody thing yet, there is still hope, at least we hope, if not, we're buggered. :(

hey it was misstake !!!
And I am not blaming you for anything, I was saying that they havn't cancelled it, your friend probably read off fake information off some website.

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:34 pm

he knows more kr info than me

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:38 pm

I hate to say this but your friend might as well be right.Kr went from 82-84/85,knight rider 2000 was shown 1991,tkr in 1997.Theres a span of 6 years apart.We should have expected something by 2003 but we got nothing.I had a friend of mine in high school who told me when the kr movie comes out I'll buy you a ticket and we will watch it together.We met at the high school reunion last year and he tells me first thing so ,they making a kr movie?First thing in 4 years that he says to em and I'm remembered for loving kr.He was right theirs no movie being made you can forget it by now.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:55 am

We keep going through this same topic...

The reason why there are no funds for the movie is that there is currently no studio signed up to make it. When Hasselhoff finds a studio, he'll have the money.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to think that we're up against some deadline about a Knight Rider movie being made. The other projects being 6 years apart has nothing to do with a movie timetable. The Batman franchise spawned a movie every 2-3 years, then skipped 10 years.

Spider-man spent somewhere around 8-10 years in development before it was made into a movie. Hasselhoff first started pushing the Knight Rider idea less than 3 years ago.

Yes, we're all frustrated that the movie hasn't been made yet. But please let's not jump to conclusions and just simply give up. It's bad mojo.

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:34 am

You have a very good point there

Spiderman was in the making for 8 years, bloody hell!! :shock:

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:26 am

and no directer whats to do it sometimes
i hate hollywood they wanna do a movie
and they dont do it makin people mad :evil:

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:36 am

Where do you people find info on this in the first place? Thats what I want to know I haven't found anything anywhere.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:39 am

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:41 am

David Hasselhoff is getting ready to make some Knight moves again.

Revolution Studios is gearing up to revive Knight Rider--NBC's cult hit 1980's action series featuring Hasselhoff as the titular crimefighter aided by his trusty talking Trans Am KITT--for a potential big-screen franchise.

Hasselhoff is on board to executive produce the flick with series creator Glen Larson. There's no word yet what kind of screen time, if any, Hasselhoff will have.
Hasselhoff has been trying to jumpstart the project for a while. Last September, he told E! Online, "I'm really excited about it. We're working hard to get it off the ground."

When Hasselhoff first started shopping the new Knight Rider around, it was reported that his character, Michael Knight, would be a supporting player, acting as mentor to a new generation of younger (and presumably hotter) operatives. A Revolution spokesperson, however, says the story still needs to be hashed out and the stars need to be cast.

"Right now we just bought the pitch, and no script has been written, so [Hasselhoff's] involvement or what he's going to do is up in the air," said the spokeswoman. "But once we get the other cast down then we'll kind of work the script around him."

Larson is currently hammering out a script that will update Knight Rider to appeal to The Fast and the Furious set.

"It's going to be a big action film," says the Revolution rep. "[Larson] is going to write the script but obviously it's not a remake of the TV show."

To that end, the studio plans to overhaul the black Trans Am (originally voiced by St. Elsewhere star and former Screen Actors Guild president William Daniels) and refurbish the story to appeal to a more high-octane, teen-male market.

"There will be a lot of gadgets and a lot of toys [in KITT]," the studio spokesperson adds. In the original series, the souped-up sports car was equipped with enough options to make a car salesman drool and James Bond jealous. The Trans Am could travel upwards of 300 miles per hour and used its turbo boost to jump through the air. It also had infrared X-ray, audio-video recording capabilities, mircrowave jamming, chemical and blood analyzers, ejection seats, oil jets, a smokescreen, flame thrower and a grappling hook.

The original Knight Rider featured Hasselhoff as a young undercover cop who, after getting shot in the face, is recruited by a dying billionaire's secret Foundation for Law and Government to battle the baddies. He gets a new identity via plastic surgery, a new name and a new ride. Hasselhoff and his garrulous car entertained audiences for four seasons before NBC axed the show in 1986.

It wasn't exactly the end of the line for Hasselhoff, who not only became a hit singer in Germany but also produced and starred in Baywatch, for a time the most popular TV show on the planet.

While there's no Baywatch feature in sight (gasp!), a TV reunion featuring Hasselhoff's hunky lifeguard Mitch and other Baywatch hardbodies is in the works.

As for Knight Rider, Revolution will coproduce the movie with Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray of Mayhem Pictures, the partners behind Disney's upcoming Dennis Quaid baseball drama, The Rookie, and Sony's spring teen flick The New Guy.

Hasselhoff & Co. hope to get the new Knight Rider up and running on the big screen by 2004.
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,9681,00.html

Old article back in 2002 so 4 year later and nothing yet.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:44 am

More info
Knight Rider Car Will Talk in Forthcoming Movie
By Robert Tagorda
Apparently, Knight Rider executives considered silencing the beloved Trans Am, KITT. But the star thought better of it:

Hasselhoff Holds Out for Talking Kitt in Movie (Oldies 108)

A new big-screen version of Knight Rider has endured a two year delay - because movie bosses wanted to mute the show's trademark talking car, Kitt.

But David Hasselhoff, who starred in the original 1982 TV series and is taking the lead in the upcoming remake, has insisted the vehicle have a voice of its own or he wouldn't make the film.

He says, "It's stupid. There's no film without a talking car."
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/10816

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am

David Hasselhoff appeared on the BBC's Jonathon Ross this week, and mentioned that he's still planning on pulling K.I.T.T out of the repair shop for a feature version.

Unlike the "Baywatch" movie - which the singing swimmer confirmed he'll not be involved in - "Knight Rider : The Movie" has a ready-written role for Haselhoff in it.

The actor says he hopes to steer the film, which Spielberg's company is apparently involved in, into production within the next six months.

The new film, which will centre on Michael Knight and his car loving kid, will feature both the classic K.I.T.T mobile and a new set of wheels for Mike Jr.

David Elliott and Paul Lovett are the film's writers.

The "Knight Rider" movie has been on the cards for a few years now. Sammo Hung's been mentioned as a possible director, and petrolhead Paul Walker, a possible Knight offspring. Best to wait for something solid before beginning the fan-made poster though
http://www.moviehole.net/news/5625.html

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:49 am

Oldest news tot he newest news. Seems all be the same. Something is holding it bad big time.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:26 pm

old news wheres new :?:

Sgt_BFG
Rookie

Post by Sgt_BFG » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:35 pm

KRFAN wrote:old news wheres new :?:

There hasn't been a news update in ages, which is sad :(

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:55 pm

im pist hasselhoff please tell or show us
anything

JustinNightDriver
Volunteer

Post by JustinNightDriver » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:12 am

last i heard it was going to be titled knight driver... but yall's guess is good as mine..