Knight Rider Season 3 Reviews and General comments

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KivaWolf
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

E-Mail for Replacement

Post by KivaWolf » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:17 pm

Here is the addy to E-Mail Universal for replacement discs.

http://www.universalstudios.com/homepag ... mail_id=10

Kiva Wolf
Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity. I am not so sure about the former... -Albert Einstein

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:21 pm

Is the same problems also happens on Season 1 and 2 DVD's and what I should I do when I do get the DVDs of the show, which discs should I replace of the 3 sets, seasons 1,2 and 3
Julius May

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Its just season 3 thats affected, Season 1 and 2 are fine.

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:52 pm

what the heck - how come they dont have Canada as one of the countries on that link you just posted KivaWolf?

KivaWolf
Volunteer

Post by KivaWolf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:27 pm

Woah! That is serious! I didn't notice that. You could still try using it. I found an E-Mail address but its only for if you got problems with buying something on their online store. I would suggest to just use United States and then make a statement about it below and then continue to say about your DVDs.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and stupidity. I am not so sure about the former... -Albert Einstein

KivaWolf
Volunteer

Reply from Universal Studios

Post by KivaWolf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:33 pm

Well I got a reply from them and this is what they exactly said in the E-mail:

"Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment. We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

As you are aware, "Knight Rider, Season 3" will be reworked. As soon as we are given a date that the replacement discs will be available, we will send you return instructions. In the meantime, we hope that you will enjoy the series.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will continue to enjoy Universal releases."

Well at least they ARE doing something the right thing.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:29 pm

They just called me on the phone. They still don't have a full plan from Universal yet (timeline, procedure, which discs are being replaced). They're waiting to hear back from the replicator to find how how long it will take to get new discs as well.

Once they have that info they will contact us again.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:39 pm

The big question I suppose is: will they get it right the second time? Making a list of all the audio errors would take quite a bit of time and effort...hopefully they know what they're doing.

Joe

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:12 pm

Right, they don't have a punch list of what was changed. If they released that, and maybe looked at these threads and other forums, even asked anyone who poured over these (I'd nominate Skav)... I'd feel a little more confident.

Think of how much better these sets could be if they embraced any community. We'd work on these things for free if they would just let us.

Remember, they almost got the Intro text on the package wrong.

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:27 pm

well atleast theres some hope for the future. I'm just gonna stay optimistic...and hang onto my receipt a little longer :lol:

pavie
Stranger

Release Date Note

Post by pavie » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:45 pm

it's interesting that they are releasing Season 4 on April 4th 2006.

Thats exactly 20 years since the the last new episode Voo-Doo knight aired on April 4 1986

I wonder what else they may be planning?

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:47 am

Hate to mention it, but they could make more or different mistakes the second time around as well...

We will probably have Season 4 in our hands before the re-release of Season 3, let's cross our fingers that they at least hit the mark with Season 4...

SH

KivaWolf
Volunteer

Post by KivaWolf » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Yes it is interesting that it lands on the exact date. Makes ya wonder if this was David Hasselhoff's idea. He does own the entire rights to it.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:26 pm

There is one interesting thing about the botched Season 3 DVDs...you get to hear some scenes the way that the actors did when they were filming it. Perfect example: Check out "Knight Strike", immediately after the first commercial break (or is it immediately before the break?) when bullets are bouncing off K.I.T.T.'s body. Instead of the normal ricochet sound, you actually hear the squibs on the Trans Am going off. Kind of cool!

Joe

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:28 pm

i finally got my S 3 set today...i must say im really pleased with it aswell.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:43 pm

I think the whole April 4th thing is just coincidence. I highly doubt it had anything to do with David or Universal planning it. Just luck, I guess.

krfan1

Julius May
Volunteer

Post by Julius May » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:11 pm

MLAM wrote:Its just season 3 thats affected, Season 1 and 2 are fine.
SO I should get 1 and 2 and wait a while for 3 until the problems are corrected? Someone should post a complete list of audio errors on the season 3 set and let the company that owns the KR rights know
Julius May

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:32 pm

My girlfriend just bought me the Season 3 set and so far I've checked out "Lost Knight" and "Junk Yard Dog." I didn't notice any sound effect differences in "Junk Yard Dog" at all, and I found that the few missing in "Lost Knight" didn't affect my viewing experience at all. In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything was gone (if I didn't read about it first) as it's been a while since I've seen a lot of these. But, it is a matter of principle that it should have been done right the first time.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention was that I noticed that there was no teaser music for "Junk Yard Dog." Was this another Universal screw up or did it originally air this way?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Lost Knight wrote:EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention was that I noticed that there was no teaser music for "Junk Yard Dog." Was this another Universal screw up or did it originally air this way?
I'm sure my Universal Playback VHS Boxset which has this episode has the teaser music in the background.

Another strange obmission i think.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:57 am

Yes the teaser music was there in the vhs boxset in the teaser for JYD.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:31 am

Anyone every find out why the major retaliers never had it?
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:34 am

BTW I haven't had really any trouble with auido.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:55 am

I just picked up the season 3 set and was noticing some oddly silent portions. Glad to hear that this is an error being fixxed and not some product of a lost sound track.

Guess, when they remastered the original film, they sampled from the wrong sound track.

It's also rather strange to see the dancers...dancing to silence. And...has some of the music been replaced with David's own singing??? Sort of sounds like it.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:48 pm

I decided to wait until Universal will fix those screw ups. I truly hope that they would do it as fast as they can, because I'm dying to get my hands on the S3 set.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:43 pm

Oddly enough, I think the Season 4 "bonus episode," "Knight Of the Rising Sun," is improperly framed. During the opening credits I noticed that some shots appeared to be zoomed in too much or cropped, so I popped in my old VHS tape of some original Season 4 airings to compare, and sure enough there were some framing differences.

Also, I noticed that the color is a little different from that of Season 4's original airings, most noticeably during the opening credits when K.I.T.T. is driving through the desert. In Season 4, the head shot of KITT driving toward the camera had the contrast darkened so as to cover the turn signal blackouts on the front nose. On the DVD, they're clearly visible. No big thing, but it's just something I noticed.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: