Question about Knight Fever...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question about Knight Fever...

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:52 pm

I dont really feel this should go in the spoiler section but if im wrong can you mods move it....

Seeing as Knight Fever was one of the first 3 episodes filmed and now airing as episode 9, wont this episode be void of KI3Ts new personality and everything that's happned till episode 8? Plus it's the episode right before the reboot.

It just doesnt make since to show the episode so late in the first half when so much stuff has happened between and now.

And are there any reasons for the hold? Did they want to fix special effects or something?
Will we get an awesome turo boost or something?

All just question running around in my head....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Question about Knight Fever...

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:08 pm

I think that either it was just so bad that they've held it off for as long as they could. Either that or while the episodes were written and shot out of order this one was always meant to be near the end of the initial 13 episodes. They also probably wanted to place it further way from A Hard Day's Knight.

Who knows.... But there's always a chance things were re-shot or rewritten later on.. We'll see.... Given the story, I doubt there will be any turbo boost, might be as low on action as Knight of the Living Dead.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:37 pm

I'm starting to wonder if we are ever going to see it. According to this site there is no KR to be found on the 26th
http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Happy_Holidays/

Though if that was to be episode 9 and the reboot was supposed to be episodes 10 and 11 in January?
Is there a long gap or are those episode numbers wrong? I guess I really need to start reading those spoilers.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Ugh, Rosie.......

I didn't think we'd see it because clearly there was something not so good about the episode that they've held off on airing it. I think that might just confirm it...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:57 pm

Faithful Car KRO wrote:Seeing as Knight Fever was one of the first 3 episodes filmed and now airing as episode 9, wont this episode be void of KI3Ts new personality and everything that's happned till episode 8? Plus it's the episode right before the reboot.

It just doesnt make since to show the episode so late in the first half when so much stuff has happened between and now.

And are there any reasons for the hold? Did they want to fix special effects or something?
Will we get an awesome turo boost or something?

All just question running around in my head....
Well, that's a pretty good reason as to why K.I.T.T. hasn't shown much of a development in personality. Although, if these first few episodes weren't supposed to reveal any real continuity or story arcs so that the order of airings could be switched around, doesn't that mean they did some last-minute rewrites to include things like Sarah's birthday, or the whole flashback of memories that K.I.T.T. had in "Knight Of the Living Dead"?

And again, why do people continue to call a drop in cast members a reboot? What's being rebooted? We're just losing a few cast members!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Because Hollywood Reporter called it that.

ex812
Recruit

Post by ex812 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:41 pm

Reboot is used a lot in Hollywood these days. It sounds more like a format change to me. They are not restarting the show from scratch they are just changing the direction and cast of the show. They do this all the time. Fans of Sliders saw it when they brought in the Kromaggs. Wonder Woman went through the same thing when they brought the stories from the 40's to the 70's. There are plenty more examples of a format change, I just can't think of any at the moment.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:56 am

Well I guess the Hollywood Reporter said "retooling" and quoted GST who said "reboot." But does it really matter what you call it? The bigger question is what's the final result of the whatyacallit gonna be.
"It's a reboot," "Knight" executive producer/showrunner Gary Scott Thompson said. "We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

melissan2476
Stranger

Post by melissan2476 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:45 pm

From what I can read....
Episode 9, Knight Fever, will be aired on December 31, 2008.

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:53 pm

It looks like they're going to throw away this episode, showing it on New Years Eve.

The show IS going to change quite a bit after that, I can tell you that. Eps 10 and 11 will be the transitional episodes, and a lot is going to happen. It won't just be dropping some characters--the whole mission, and organization behind the mission, is going to change, and the KITT cave, when used at all, will be utilized in a different way. Their whole world is going to be rocked.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Pretty much what I figured... I know I'm looking forward to seeing these changes, I hope the writing improves with them, hopefully the ratings will rebound as well..

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:It looks like they're going to throw away this episode, showing it on New Years Eve.

The show IS going to change quite a bit after that, I can tell you that. Eps 10 and 11 will be the transitional episodes, and a lot is going to happen. It won't just be dropping some characters--the whole mission, and organization behind the mission, is going to change, and the KITT cave, when used at all, will be utilized in a different way. Their whole world is going to be rocked.
Bring back the Semi, The Mansion and the Knight Chess piece and i'll be happy

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Shapeshifter wrote:It looks like they're going to throw away this episode, showing it on New Years Eve.
Unless they like Rosie so much they give her a New Years Eve special too. :P
Shapeshifter wrote: The show IS going to change quite a bit after that, I can tell you that. Eps 10 and 11 will be the transitional episodes, and a lot is going to happen. It won't just be dropping some characters--the whole mission, and organization behind the mission, is going to change, and the KITT cave, when used at all, will be utilized in a different way. Their whole world is going to be rocked.
I'll be eagerly awaiting KR to rock my world. :mrgreen:

knight14
Volunteer

Post by knight14 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Well we can all assume Knight Fever will be the last episode before "Reboot". I'll still watch it then afterward I'll go continue to watch TOS Season 2 (I already been thru all 4 seasons twice already :)) and sleep a happy man.