Technology of Today Echoes Kitt's Tech.

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightsangel
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Technology of Today Echoes Kitt's Tech.

Post by knightsangel » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:45 pm

:o Do you guys, and gals feel that some of today's technology with cars is parallel to that of the Knight Rider series itself? For example...

1. G.P.S navagation system voice activated
2. Cars that run on Hydrogen[ only few have been produced]
3. Cars that drive by themseves[Still trying to perfect this technology; cars have sensorary on the road and under the exhaustion system of car.]
4. Cars that park themselves
:o :o Do you feel that Kitt was the first "Concept car" at that time in the 80's???

:o :o :o I mean who knew? :o :o :o
Suzie

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:37 am

Yeah, they are doing more and more now with cars. Most all cars on the road today 20 years or younger have computers in them that run the engine. If it's fuel-injected, it needs a computer to run the injectors, and the emissions system, etc. Some of the cruise control systems are electronic and some transmissions are also at least monitored by computer. Climate control, etc.

I hope to some day install a mini computer in my car and load it with a chatbot/AI program so my car can talk back to me. :) It's a dream of mine. And if I had the time/money I'd already have done it. The technology is definitely out there.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:10 pm

GETTIN CLOSER....NOW IF A BODY WERE DESIGNED WITH ALL THE BEST FEATURES FROM MANY OF THEOSE AUTOS YET KEPT WEIGHT DOWN,SAFETY UP,FUEL USE DOWN,DISCHARG CLEAN.......hMMM!

what d'ya think KARR would say to that?
" Silence....we have an intruder... "