Question on ERTL Model

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question on ERTL Model

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:56 pm

Well I REALLY REALLY want that model as its just a dream of mine, always has been, to have an accurate KITT model and well ERTL makes it... or should I say MADE??? As I read that production has been stopped? Even though the KITT model flew of the shelves here in Holland, well atleast the store I wanted to buy it. So my question is, is it true that the KITT model car is no more? Just my luck... ow just an fyi... I do not plan to buy it online as I tend to avoid online shopping especially items that might get damaged. Thanks.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:37 pm

if its not in stores you may have to order it online. did you try to see if any stores that sell model kits can order it for you? I know the reissue is still able to be ordered.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:49 am

ERTL have stopped making the 1:18 ??

Good job I got 4 spare to convert

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:08 pm

Well here is the catch, I asked a few shops in my area (driveable distance) and they said they can not order it anymore for the time being, which is a polite way of saying its no longer available, which is weird as it is highly popular. And some online shops, though have it in stock, claim its out of production, with the last years Chrome Chase KITT as a sort of limited edition... AND!!! Not to forget the ERTL online shop, they still offer the Dukes of Hazzard Charger but no KITT, though it is still listed in their portfolio... So please if anyone knows something about this tell me I REALLY need one :lol: 8) !!

Here a link so you can see what I mean. Click!!

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:26 am

That might explain why they never bothered with the talking version like Ashoma have done as know someone did e-mail and ask and they said sales volumes wouldn't justify costs.

Unfortunatly looks like KITT production is dead as nothing on their official Joyride site either http://www.rc2uk.com/generic/pages/sear ... and=0&sec=

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:11 pm

Actually Andy you are wrong, it is still listed on the JoyRide studios site... Look click!! I guess I will mail the people there and see what's up. I will let you all know.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:50 pm

Just to update you people, I am very happy now. I just got my model and it has changed a bit compared to older ones... it has... all white foglights and not an amber one! So its totally awesome! I love it :D !