I Emailed Universal

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Daemonicus666
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I Emailed Universal

Post by Daemonicus666 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:48 am

I just sent Universal Studios an email asking whether or not plans are being made to release TKR onto DVD. I have emailed them several times before with no response. I informed them many of us have been asking about this and would like an answer as we all would like to own it for our collections. Lets hope I hear back within a few days or sooner
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:18 am

You may as well talk to yourself Nathan, its like you are a ''man who does not exist'' on the forums.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:32 am

Well, what did they say? You need to give us som raw fact's, so that we can discuss it further...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:12 pm

I am still waiting. I am assuming I will be waiting a while. It took me months to hear back the last time I emailed asking about a horor movie DVD

AusKnight2K
Operative

Post by AusKnight2K » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:27 am

Maybe try calling them on the phone, at least you'll get a response quicker :)

I called Universal in the U.S. about 15 years ago to find out where I could buy Knight Rider video tapes, but they told me that they no longer had them as the show had been syndicated. Now when I look back at that, obviously they just fobbed me off.

It's amazing how things have changed since then with DVDs ...

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:16 am

Seems to me that the opening step for any former/current television series to come out to DVD is simply having someone front the money for the rights and production services. Question being, does anyone in Universal have a hope of making a profit from TKR's one and only season release?

To convince someone, mere e-mails hold very little weight. A hand full of mail letters won't hold water. You'll probably need a major mailing campaigne to give someone promise of a purchasing audience. By no means, a guarantee...but...