David Discusses KR Movie in a Brand New Interview

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

David Discusses KR Movie in a Brand New Interview

Post by March2875 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:53 am

David discusses Knight Rider in a new ITV interview.

The she he is talking about is his daughter.

She just recently – amazingly – came around to Knight Rider. About ten days ago. And she said to me ‘you know you were really good in Knight Rider. Why don't you play more of that?'

Would you be tempted to bring Knight Rider back?

Well, I've been trying to get it back. I bought the rights to it for a million dollars from Glen Larson but he said ‘I don't know if you're the right guy to make this'. And that's OK, because it is business. He didn't know if I was a good enough Producer to produce a movie or if I could get something made. I don't dislike him for it. But the reason he said that is because I wasn't hot then. I'm hot now. Thank God.

Now we're going to make the movie. And if it doesn't make the movie I've already contacted the President of NBC – because I'm hot on NBC again – and said ‘you want to have the highest rated show of the year? I got it. You can fight me over it and say I'm an idiot, but I am never wrong when it comes to who my audience is.'

There are 29 million people who Internet searched me yesterday and they all love Knight Rider. So let's make a series out of it. Whatever happened to Michael Knight?

So if it doesn't get made as a movie then I'd rather bring it back as a series because then I could stay at home for a bit.

The full interview can be found here

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=6641&pos=2

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:16 am

Lets all hope this pans out, I was always up for another tv show then a movie.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Me too, better TV series then Movie. I can't wait for new movie or tv show. I'm waiting for it about 8 years.