What ever happened to Bonnie & RC?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What ever happened to Bonnie & RC?

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:11 pm

In Knight Rider 2000 both Bonnie and RC are missing? Does anyone know why? I know that Micheal retired but what happened to the "technitian" and the "Street Avenger".
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:41 pm

Good question, since they didn't answer that question during the TV movie.
I wish that both Bonnie and RC could've been part of the KR2000 movie themselves, and that they could've been featured prominently in the movie, too.
Guess the producers forgot about them completely... :? :? :? :? :whistle:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:19 pm

The writers of Knight Rider 2000 wanted the story to focus specifically on Michael, K.I.T.T. and Devon. I would assume that Bonnie eventually left the Foundation to apply her skills in another technical career. RC3 seems that he would most likely get some blue collar type of job. I think it's also safe to assume that both characters probably stayed with the Foundation for at least the remaining four years that Michael stayed there. Perhaps after Michael left, the Foundation was unable to find a suitable replacement for him, and placed KITT in storage. After that, Bonnie and RC3 then probably left and moved on.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:04 am

Perhaps guys, perhaps... But it would have improved the story, though. I mean if both Bonnie and RC would have done another apperiance in the then, perhaps the movie would involve more feelings, wich would have made it to a better movie. Kinda hard to explain but if just take a minute thinking of what happened in Knight Rider 2000 you will notice a lot lacking. Take Kitt for example. I mean who the H.E.L.L. gave Maddoc the authority to dismantle Kitt? Whitout even asking Devon in advance? What a terrible surprise for Michael. After all these years...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:41 pm

Knight Rider 2000 was written as a possible pilot for a new TV series or series of made-for-TV movies. Bringing Bonnie and RC3 back might have just made things more complicated.

I agree, in many ways it didn't "feel" like Knight Rider and having Bonnie especially would have helped.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:25 pm

I think the lack of the KR theme took away the "feel" of Knight Rider in KR2000

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:33 pm

Yes, and it also didn't help playing piano music during fight/action scenes.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:02 am

Hah, touché!!!