Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:35 pm

In the complete Knight Rider Universe as we know it, the existence of KARR is more important than whether or not KITT was originally Michael's car or not, so I think that takes precedence: Trust Doesn't Rust rewrote a tiny part of Knight Rider history and we can assume that it's just a coincidence that KITT was a Trans Am like Michael Long's car.

However, if we look at just the pilot episode, I believe the intention of the writers was that KITT was in fact installed into Michael Long's car. (whether or not it makes much engineering sense). In the novelization of the pilot, Devon refers to the "reincarnation" of Michael's car. In the script on Knight Rider Archive, Devon says the car "is NOW probably the most expensive car in the world." - I take that to imply that the car wasn't special when Michael owned it, but now it is.

It is an inconsistency, but a minor one.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:44 pm

thank you KI!

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:58 am

knightimmortal wrote:Probably towed to Knight Industries car area, where they use it for parts. ;)

KI
Too bad they won't sell it on EBay.... JK

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:59 am

Oh and that website that t0rchthew0rld posted with the 96 T/A, now someone should try and buy that car to be used in the movie... that car is just too hot for words !