Knight Rider Blooper Reel on EBAY

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightvision
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Blooper Reel on EBAY

Post by knightvision » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:20 am

Well Joe sent me an email letting me know that someone has found a clever way to sell the Blooper Reel without actually selling it directly. Its being given away free with the other DVD of episodes.

I can tell you that whoever this person is has the compilation tape Joe and I put together exactly. We have not put the blooper reel on the net because of the language as well as respecting the community.

I'm not in favor of it being up on EBAY but there isnt much that can be done about it.

Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2307

This person is also giving away a free copy of the game with the buy it now feature as well.

Richie

AlmostThere
Stranger

Post by AlmostThere » Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:10 am

Dang, the blooper reel sounds amazing :)

It's in the US, otherwise I'd try to get it (Uk person myself)

Shame it's not on the net for us fans as we would all enjoy it so much, maybe in time I hope

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:01 am

It will never appear on the net, if they do Jack Gill would be notified and the file taken down.

I would feel the same way if you wanted to download the Knight Rider Legacy file instead of paying $22.95 for the book. If you think about it, it would negate all the time and effort spent into creating the book. Yet, people think that breaking copyright is okay, however I don't.

Sorry to sound so stringent but as an author I can relate to having work thats copyrighted being used without permission and essentially that is what is happening when you download the book, blooper reel or computer game.

Carlyn Eliz
Rookie

Post by Carlyn Eliz » Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:47 pm

that guy got himself BUSTED big time! will he have to pay a fee or something? will they make him delete the blooper off his computer??

~carlyn

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:05 pm

Man!!!!!!! I already have 1 blooper reel, which comes with the pliot episode, which is on a VCD from Japan, but this sounds like it has that aswell as another one...sweet

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:57 pm

Carlyn Eliz wrote:that guy got himself BUSTED big time! will he have to pay a fee or something? will they make him delete the blooper off his computer??

~carlyn
Well Carlyn, that guy is ME. and if I'm so BUSTED then you are all screwed because the money from this auction is funding your free knight rider rpg game. And furthermore as long as I'm not ripping people off like someone else here, then I don't see what the issue is.

And Richie, I assure you I have remastered the "compilation of crap" you have SOLD me, which I paid dearly for. I spent hours sharpening the image, cutting out the sloppiness, the menus that look like they were put together by a three year old, and I can assure you the music videos are not from you. This is not an exact copy of your disc by any means. I picked what I liked, then added stuff I had and liked. All the menu systems are done by me. All the pictures used for the menus are from my collection, not your book. Its no different then you selling it to other people for an outrageous price, and them turning around copying it, and selling it to there friends. In another note I'm not even selling it on e-bay, its a free gift for buying the UK DVD. ;) And at any other means you benefit from it as well, so I'm not even sure why your slamming me like this. Its like a real stab in the back. All funds from this are to update my software which is needed for the FREE Knight Rider game project I'm working on. I figured it beats adding a pay-pal donation button on my website. At least people who donate will get something in return, so why not a free gift.

So from here on out, anyone who wants to make a $40 contribution to seeing the knight rider rpg game completed, and wants to receive a FREE copy of the Bloopers Reel DVD simply for your donation to keep my project alive, then I'll ship it to you at no charge. ;)

If anything I appreciate you posting about it, you just boosted my private sales like crazy.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:05 pm

msKEN wrote:
Carlyn Eliz wrote:that guy got himself BUSTED big time! will he have to pay a fee or something? will they make him delete the blooper off his computer??

~carlyn
Well Carlyn, that guy is ME. and if I'm so BUSTED then you are all screwed because the money from this auction is funding your free knight rider rpg game. And furthermore as long as I'm not ripping people off like someone else here, then I don't see what the issue is.

And Richie, I assure you I have remastered the "compilation of crap" you have SOLD me, which I paid dearly for. I spent hours sharpening the image, cutting out the sloppiness, the menus that look like they were put together by a three year old, and I can assure you the music videos are not from you. This is not an exact copy of your disc by any means. I picked what I liked, then added stuff I had and liked. All the menu systems are done by me. All the pictures used for the menus are from my collection, not your book. Its no different then you selling it to other people for an outrageous price, and them turning around copying it, and selling it to there friends. In another note I'm not even selling it on e-bay, its a free gift for buying the UK DVD. ;) And at any other means you benefit from it as well, so I'm not even sure why your slamming me like this. Its like a real stab in the back. All funds from this are to update my software which is needed for the FREE Knight Rider game project I'm working on. I figured it beats adding a pay-pal donation button on my website. At least people who donate will get something in return, so why not a free gift.

So from here on out, anyone who wants to make a $40 contribution to seeing the knight rider rpg game completed, and wants to receive a FREE copy of the Bloopers Reel DVD simply for your donation to keep my project alive, then I'll ship it to you at no charge. ;)

If anything I appreciate you posting about it, you just boosted my private sales like crazy.
You sound like a bit of an #*@hole.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:09 pm

Darendor wrote: You sound like a bit of an #*@hole.
Most likely you're right. Thanks for opening my eyes.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Jun 08, 2003 6:47 pm

My god was that needed!!!!!!!!! geeeeeez of all the threads you could post in you decide to slame someone working real hard for the community on getting this game off the ground. Theres times to keep your thoughts to yourself, that was one of them! Geez.

K.I.T.T

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:09 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:
My god was that needed!!!!!!!!! geeeeeez of all the threads you could post in you decide to slame someone working real hard for the community on getting this game off the ground. Theres times to keep your thoughts to yourself, that was one of them! Geez.

K.I.T.T
Go back and reread what he wrote for Christ's sake....does that not sound like someone who is truly obsessed with himself?!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:10 pm

We shouldn't be attacking people on the board for expressing their opinions.

It's not my place to say weither this is legal or not, because honestly I don't know. eBay is leaving the auction up, so really this is a personal matter between Richie and Ken, which they should discuss privately. If anyone has questions, they should contact them off the board.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:11 pm

Don't worry about it KITT, this project has been a real pain for everyone else since the get go. lol Maybe its destined not to happen, or any of the other projects I had planned for later this year. But whatever, you all keep slapping me in the face over stupid stuff. Like Darendor who thinks he knows what he's talking about... but maybe he does and I'm just an #*@hole. If the shoe fits right?
Last edited by msKEN on Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:14 pm

These are the kinds of threads....

I stay out of :P
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:49 pm

Darendor wrote:
Go back and reread what he wrote for Christ's sake....does that not sound like someone who is truly obsessed with himself?!
I dont need to, ken was well within his right to settle the score with Riche, would you let someone bad mouthyour auction?

And why is he so obsessed with himself? cant see that at all. Ken is giving something which will be like no other when its done, i happen to support him and his website for what hes doing.

Ken, i do hope you continue with the project! cant wait to see the results of your hard work!

Nick

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:03 pm

First off people I had no idea it was Ken.

Second, if Ken has a private issue with me then he knows my email and my personal instant message. If Ken chooses to answer me and inform me of what he is doing then thats different from just plain doing it.

I refuse to fight, so at this point I am out of the discussion. Please don't make me a part of it. Thank you. Ken you are not a theif, its not my place to pass judgement on anyone.

Richie

PS Calling Ken an #*@hole is really not fair, considering he has busted his ass doing a lot of stuff for this community.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:08 pm

And thats all we had, a simple mis-understanding. My apologies to Richie and Joe. I will no longer list this item on e-bay.

- Ken

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:10 pm

Ken, if its supporting your game I am all for it. It was Joe who brought it to my attention and if I had known it was you and why you were doing it I would not have mind.

I am always willing to support something if I am properly informed. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings Ken, please accept my apology.

Richie

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:17 pm

No need for the apology Richie. As it was said, I just went over the deep end I guess. I'm willing to move on. :shock:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:58 am

my apologies if this was already answered, i didn't feel like reading the whole argument..

will the blooper reel ever be released? i would really like to see it. i'm an avid fan of blooper shows and bloopers in general. and one with knight rider would be really cool to see.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:52 am

It won't be released, its not one of those things that will never become publically available to purchase due to the language and intimacy it portrays. Most of these blooper things were done by the studios for the shows actors, not for the fans.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:01 am

pfft.. if they are worried about language and intimacy it portrays they have been sheltered as kids.

KITT

"who smurfing cares, let's just see it!" (inside joke)
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:13 am

If not for Jack Gill, we wouldnt even be talking about a blooper tape, he was kind enough to send one.

Thanks for asking about it though.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:06 am

i wish he'd release it and just put an R rating on it.

KITT

knightvision
Operative

Post by knightvision » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:26 pm

Jack does not own the rights, Universal does. So go ahead and send a letter to Universal and try to get it released. As far as the rating, that would be up to them, not Jack.

Good luck and let me know if you make any progress.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:23 am

you should know by now that i am far to lazy to actually whine to universal.. :P

KITT