Anyone know about this Hood?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ttsracingworld
Recruit

Anyone know about this Hood?

Post by ttsracingworld » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

Does anyone know anything about this hood? Sounds like a good price but I don't know about this one.

Title: 2006-2009 Ford Mustang Cobra GT500 Duraflex Hood
Part Number: 104718
Weight: Approx. 35 lbs.
Category: Hoods
Brand: Duraflex
Material: Fiberglass
Description: Duraflex is an upgraded fiberglass material. It uses a combination of fiberglass and a special urethane-plastic resin that allows for more flexibility compared to regular fiberglass products. The overall flexibility and durability will be determined by the shape and design of the part. Some parts in nature will be stronger and/or more flexible than others. The overall quality and finish of the product is much better than your average fiberglass part but it has nothing to do with fitment. On average 85% of the Duraflex parts we sell fit with no problems. About 15% will require minor to major modifications. These parts do not come ready to paint. In fact, they have to fitted, primered and then painted. Professional installation is required.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Anyone know about this Hood?

Post by tamatt27 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 am

I have heard some bad stories about Duraflex hoods on various Mustang forums. From the description, it seems as if it's just a GT500 hood and not a 'KR' style hood.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by krrdr2010 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:27 pm

It's not a KR hood. But,if enough ask Duraflex, I'm sure they'll make a KR hood for the Mustang :D

ttsracingworld
Recruit

Post by ttsracingworld » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:21 am

In the picture they show the GT500KR hood. I'm going to try to call them on Monday.