Documenting the New Series/Movie

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Documenting the New Series/Movie

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 am

This is the first chance we've had in 10 years to see new "Knight Rider" material. I think it's important that we properly document it.

If you look back at the original series, we do have many print article scans and even promotional commercials for the show. I think it's important that we do the same for the new NBC Pilot and the new Larson movie. Let's all try our best to capture every commercial/interview/whatever regarding the new Pilot and movie and share it with the community. Let's capture it at as high a resolution as possible. If you can't upload the video, I'm sure someone else here can do it for you.

Mike Pajaro has done an excellent job with providing high res scans of the print articles that come out on the Pilot and movie - let's continue that and also move towards capturing the video as well. That way, in 20 years, all this stuff will be documented and available for the fans to enjoy.

Joe

JimmyPSHayes
Operative

Post by JimmyPSHayes » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:51 pm

Agreed!!! I've all ready saved an article from Entertainment Weekly and a small article from the Chicago Sun-Times

pezze87
Rookie

Post by pezze87 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Yeah that's a great idea!!! I live in Italy, so I hope when the series comes out here I can save some material about KR... For the many fans of the series called "Supercar" here in Italy, the most successfull tvseries that has ever been on air... =))
The Knight is back!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:00 pm

Yes yes yes!

The important thing is for everyone to work as a team. Even if you don't have a scanner or a way to digitize video, if you see something let the board know. Somebody else may be able to find it and share it. And try to be as specific as possible. Try not to say "This week's TV Guide has an article..." Instead, say "the november 25th issue of TV Guide..." or "The TV Guide with Heroes on the cover..." That will help other people find the information.

I live in Los Angeles, so if you're on the east coast and see something on TV, if you report it right away I might be able to catch it 3 hours later. (I've been able to catch many Knight Rider references on other shows thanks to people letting us know.)

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:21 pm

But please do warn of spoliers.. I hope to get to see it (if it happens) without the whole plot being reviled.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:27 pm

I was thinking the same thing when I read the topic.I have 4 or 5 copies of every single episode because when I was about 8 years old at 1990,I didn't know anything about tv shows going off the air and never coming back.I was so mad I lost knight rider for 13 years until I found out the show was being rerun on cable channels.I got every copy I could of episodes.So now I know we're about to have another great and spectacular series so I wanna remember to set my vcr for each episode then use my TV tuner to record right to a dvd and keep them for life.

subliminal1284
Volunteer

Post by subliminal1284 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:57 pm

I am happy to hear they are making a new knight rider but I do have some concerns.

1.From the article it said that KITT will have transformers like abilities.....If they do that the show WILL bomb no doubt about it. Just like Team knight rider did mainly because the cars didnt talk. NBC can make Knight rider work but they have to do it right, if they give the cars crazy abilities like transformers it wont be believable and people wont watch it, and it will be labeled as a cheesy show. They need to stick closely to how the original show was made just a but more modernized and refined.

2. If they make KITT some POS Import it wont be the same and will ruin it for lots of fans. KITT should at the very least remain a GM car. A 2009 Camaro would be perfect for the new KITT, but a 2002 Trans am or Corvette would work okay too.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:15 am

This is also my intention with the Archive! A section devoted to the new projects will be going live soon, and I'll attempt to include all the articles I can from this side of the pond...
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;