KARR VS. Goliath

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

In a battle, who do you think would win, KARR or Goliath(driven by Garth)

KARR
61%
Goliath(driven by Garth)
39%

Total votes: 28

Cougar
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KARR VS. Goliath

Post by Cougar » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:13 pm

I just watched "Goliath" and this popped into by head. :D

Knicks4973
Operative

Post by Knicks4973 » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:23 am

I picked Goliath. Here's why.

When you are dealing with KARR, you have 2 personalities. One that is out for self-preservastion. The other that is confrontational.

Chances are, KARR will drive off a cliff or drive right into Goliath more than Garth will drive Goliath off a cliff.

Therefore, 2 to 1, Goliath will win.

Jared

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:57 am

That's true but you also have to think about what version of KARR you are thinking of.

In K V K, he didn't exactly show he cared about self preservation for him to attempt to smash into KITT like that.

And with that in mind, KARR has the intelligence and a very good chance.

just my opinion.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:00 am

We seem to be neglecting the fact that KARR was NOT confrontational, but revengeful, at that moment. (A trait that both KARR AND Garthe share, when it comes to the troublesome pair of Michael and KITT. "I don't think he's even thinking right now, KITT. He just wants to get his hands on me." - Michael. (as close as I can remember the line being.) Goliath Returns.) Add to the fact that KARR's self protecting governor was just blown out, giving the more protected "Black Box" (AKA: KARR's brain.) control over the power to ram an equal threat such as KITT.

So, in this situation, we have to believe that KARR's self protection system IS functioning and that KARR doesn't have a laser NOR does Goliath have any laser reflecting devices to knock out KARR's protection system. Meaning that regardless how KARR feels about Goliath/Garthe, KARR will always flintch in a showdown and lose to Goliath. (Because, Goliath is just a dumb truck with an advanced hide and a daring/confident man at the wheel.

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:45 am

I think KARR' would win because Goliath is just a stronger truck driven by a normal human person, but KARR is programmed to protect himself (or itself ???) and is provided by a CPU with tatical programms. I think he (it) could win versus Garth and Goliath

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:08 pm

well i mean kitt did beat goliath with that laser, mind you im assuming karr still has that laser installed in him. and karr was a extremly agressive, just garth was. for some reason i see karr understanding golaith has the molecular bonded shell just as he does, and karr finding a way aorund it to beat him

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:03 am

I think it also depends on the environment that they battle.

Whenever you see Goliath in the series, he's usually on empty roads, or open desertland.

Now put him in somewhere like a woodland area, and he isn't going to get very far.

KARR would have him on sheer manoeuvrability. Plus he's a calculating, cunning car.

He'd probably lead Goliath towards quicksand, then turbo over it, and watch Goliath sink.

"That was a clever trick my friend. You cannot triumph over a prototype." ;)

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:25 pm

I think KARR would win, because it's the better, faster and more manouverable vehicle.

But Garthe in KARR, they would be unstopable :D

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:40 pm

I think Goliath would win, but not without a hard fight. Here is my resoning In TDR KARR made a very bad mistake by driving off the cliff.( He could have gone the other way you know! :? ) All KARR would have to do is make one little mistake and he would be history. We saw what Goliath did to KITT!

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:18 am

Well, I missed both the episodes with KARR. So I do not know how exactly that thing works. I read about them on the official website and do know KARR's functioning works different from KITT's. But I saw both episodes with Garthe and Goliath- which you people probably know since I put up a post talking about them. Goliath is a gigantic truck that had to be driven by a person. The cars can move on their own. KARR would probably be able to outmaneuver Goliath in some ways, but I think Goliath would crush right into KARR. After what happened to KITT, its very obvious what that truck could do to a car. From what this seems, there's a 50/50 chance on which of these two would win. But I believe Goliath would more likely win. Michael and KITT only got past them because they are the main characters of the show. You know that situations in real life, the good guys are just as capable of losing as the bad guys. There's no last minute chances of them being close to defeat and suddenly winning against them.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:32 am

are we also to assume that both KARR and Goliath are protected by the MBS? If so, then the protection that it would normally offer would be useless in a confrontation, as evidenced by KITT's collision with Goliath in "Goliath." Still, I don't think KARR would be stupid enough to take Goliath on head to head, and would probably win based on the fact that he just has more manuverability and speed. But, assuming they both have the MBS coating, KARR would have to find a clever way to defeat Golaith because a collision with Golaith would be like being in a demolition derby for KARR.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

ShadowConvoy
Recruit

Post by ShadowConvoy » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:13 am

I would say that it would be a no contest. KARR may be self-centered but still intelligent. He wouldn't battle Goliath at all. He would just tubo boost away and wait till the time is right and simply run Garth over when he's out side of the truck sipping latte' or something.lol
[I'm laughing but I'm serious.]

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:48 pm

i picked goliath driven by garthe. why? because as previously stated by several people, KARR's main function is self-preservation. he'd likely turn away or drive off a cliff rather then hit goliath head-on. garthe, on the other hand, doesn't care, and would rather hit KARR head-on with his big semi cause KARR is a lot smaller.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:02 am

I think K.A.R.R would win because it has a self-preservation program so K.A.R.R would always steer away from Goliath. K.A.R.R is (as K.I.T.T would be) faster in its moves than Goliath so it´s hard to Goliath and Garthe to catch K.A.R.R. Garthe was a aggressive nature so he would always attack so I think K.A.R.R would win by going somewhere like to the edge of the cliff (like Michael and K.I.T.T went in the episode of Goliath Returns) and dodging just before Goliath is near so it would drive over the edge of the cliff straight to the ocean.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:08 am

Now that I've seen an episode with KARR, I think it would get past Goliath real easily. It would keep avoiding from being hit by that megaton truck. KARR would probably think of a way to trick it into driving off course and going down.

joeb2000
Volunteer

Post by joeb2000 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:16 am

I think they should of had an episode where garth rebuilds KARR and you have michal and kitt vs karr and garth.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:23 am

Many fanfics cover this idea. My favorite one about this topic also included the crossover with Viper, and a well written one too IMO. I would like to re-read it, but since KWO isn't up anymore I don't know where I can get a copy.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:33 pm

Many fanfics cover this idea. My favorite one about this topic also included the crossover with Viper, and a well written one too IMO. I would like to re-read it, but since KWO isn't up anymore I don't know where I can get a copy.
Here you go. :D
http://web.archive.org/web/199902030611 ... ction.html