knight rider for ps2

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

knight rider for ps2

Post by djshag69 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:57 pm

2 questions

1) do they have knight rider for ps2 in america, cause i know the ps2's in europe are different then the ps2's here in america

2) are they coming out with knight rider 2, if so will that come out in america too?

i know they have it for pc here but it isn't the same

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:15 pm

1) They original claimed that the disc would be released for North America PS2, but almost a year later since they promissed this, it still has yet to be released, so I highly doubt it. The Europe version is a PAL disc, and your PS2 wont be able to play it unless it has a mod chip. If it has a mod chip, then you need a TV that displays PAL signal. As for where to get a mod chip, we can't really help you there.

2) Yes, there is plans for a Knight Rider 2, weither it will ever see the light of day, and if it will get a proper North American release, it is far to early to say. Following what happened with Game 1, it will see a North American release, just not on all the platforms promised.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:54 pm

With all the $20 budget titles out now for PS2, it would be a perfect oportunity to get some of the money they no doubt lost on this game back by releasing the thing over here.

I sure doubt that the recoding from PAL to NTSC would prove to be too expensive for them not to do something like this. At the least the PC version could be quickly recoded for Xbox due to the similarity of the PC's and Xbox's internal archetecture.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:17 pm

Well the thing with the budget titles, they are usually popular games that had been released at the 50 dollar price point and earned back the money 10 fold, so now they'll just reduce the cost a bit. Since Knight Rider didn't have a chance to be released here, any release would require startup costs, which these best of titles don't have to worry about.

I really don't know who's fault it is. Davilex (the developer), or Tri Synergy (The distributor) or Sony North America (who Davilex claimed had to approve the game before they could release it). It is just disheartening that they said they would, but in the end they didn't.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:44 pm

Naw, not the "greatest hits" games.

The ones that come out new for $20 are the ones I'm talking about, like Starsky and Hutch, and the new Evil Dead.

I agree, someone dropped the ball bigtime on a US release.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:35 pm

Who's planning on doing KR2? I can remember reading somewhere that Davilex was shutting down their dev. studio to focus solely on publishing. As for KR on PS2, IGN recently changed their release date to "Import Only", so it's likely that we'll never see it.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:10 am

Knight 'n' Day wrote:Who's planning on doing KR2? I can remember reading somewhere that Davilex was shutting down their dev. studio to focus solely on publishing.
Yes, that's what we thought too, but Sith and myself both recently spoke to Davilex, and they have informed us that they are developing a second game. Weither they are actually doing the developing, or outsourcing the coding, either is possible until we hear more information.

Meow
Volunteer

Post by Meow » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:41 pm

Are there any games that exist right now of KR? If so, what system are they for. :D Thanks

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:27 pm

neps wrote: The Europe version is a PAL disc, and your PS2 wont be able to play it unless it has a mod chip. If it has a mod chip, then you need a TV that displays PAL signal.

If anyone has a PAL version of the game there is a way to image the disc and patch it to play on an NTSC PS2.

Stylez

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:51 pm

*Meow* wrote:Are there any games that exist right now of KR? If so, what system are they for. :D Thanks
This "Davilex" Company released Knight Rider. I don't know what country you're in, but in the US it's only out for the PC. In Europe I believe it's for PC and for PS2
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:52 pm

Oh, you're in New York, whoops, well then here it's only out for the PC
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:59 pm

As cloudkitt said, it's only available on PC in the US. You should check Electronics Boutique or similiar, should be able to find it for dirt cheap.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

knight rider on ps2

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:20 pm

well is the 2nd game might have a chance of coming to the us. Because i live in pensacola florida and i must of checked out every game store online while the 1st game was out in europe but still could not find any information if they were going to to get it or get a release date.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 14, 2003 4:25 pm

It might, and then again, it might not, since the first one didn't make it. The second game, as you can see in all these articles hasn't even been made yet, and was in development. Europe will once again get it first, and the U.S. may get it several months later.

KI

nivek
FLAG Recruit

Post by nivek » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:16 pm

key word may however I would not hold my breath for it.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:03 am

Meow wrote:Are there any games that exist right now of KR? If so, what system are they for. :D Thanks
Do you mean current releases or all KR games in total?

If in total, there have been quite a few, despite the fact that most of them are rarely heard of. It's rumored that there is an Atari 2600 version. (It's rumored that there were ALOT of Atari 2600 games that never were released.) There have been two Commodore 64 games. (Neither look all that great. The one I played didn't play all that well.) There was also a Turbo Grafix one that looked more like the video drivers of old. (3-D with rear, exterior view on twisting roads.) Then, there was the common Nintendo game that probably everyone here knows about to some degree AND the handheld version that it was based off of. (Good luck finding one of those.) There have also been a few, home brewed, fan made KR games before we reach the PC KR game that this topic is all about.

At one time, I had a compiled photo of the screen shots. But, I don't know where that image went.