80`s KARR dash for EL t-shirt

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dustindustries
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

80`s KARR dash for EL t-shirt

Post by dustindustries » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 am

Hello there KR fans,

It has been some time since I have been on KRonline. I made an EL light up shirt of K.I.T.T.`s dash with built in microphone some time ago and have had some interest in a 80`s KARR design. I am currently looking for a KARR dash pic I can Photoshop to get a sample done. The factory is just waiting for me to submit the design to see if they can get it to light up properly.

If any one can help I would be much appreciated, I have tried to Google KARR but not many shots of the dash. Thanks for your time. Justin Edwards # DUSTINDUSTRIES :karr:
DUST doesn`t RUST!

Avenger95
Operative

Re: 80`s KARR dash for EL t-shirt

Post by Avenger95 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:49 am

As a buyer of one of your shirts, I can say its very well made! You should try making a scanner shirt someday too!

If youre open to some design suggestions, lemme know!

P.S: Im all for the KARR design :good:
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:57 am

Thanks for the compliments Avenger, I hope to get it right this time around and may redo the KITT shirt if this one look like the Goods.

I found a decent picture of a Karr dash myself on a BING search and cleaned it up in Photoshop, I also watched KITT vs KARR a bunch of times to make sure I get the light up of the voice modular just right. It seems to curve in a little on either side of the bars and not just straight up and down.

When I first made the KITT shirt I designed it with Air/Oil buttons ( I still have 2 of only 3 ever made ) but the lighting just didn`t look right. As the voice bars would light up so did the Air/Oil pursuit buttons, the yellow would also turn green when it lit up. I eventually simplified the design to just the voice bars and enlarged it. It looks like the real deal when KITT`s voice is played in to the Mic though it`s a bit too big and I would have preferred the Air/OIl etc.

Anyways Round 2, I am looking at making Karr`s voice module almost life sized or as close to original sized as possible and adding the Air/Oil buttons but not getting that part to light up. Unless the factory can make the buttons stay on separately from the voice bars, which I was told previously with the KITT design it could not. I hope to get a sample in a week or two and test it out. I will post some updates, DUSTINDUSTRIES.
DUST doesn`t RUST!

Avenger95
Operative

Post by Avenger95 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:46 am

Well if I could make one small suggestion :?

Have the audio receiver up around the neckband and not down by the waist. It would be cool to talk and have the shirt respond that way. Of course, that may require making the receiver box much smaller, although that could *probably* be fixed by having the unit in the center of the shirt and the mic/receiver part on the neckband.

Just a crazy idea! :roll:
...... []Knight Avenger Guardian Enforcer[] ......