Just curious

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Slim_Knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Just curious

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:04 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows how the lights on the KI3T were built. I would like to get some to put behind the grill on my Ford Ranger, just for kicks. If anyone has information please let me know. :good:
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Re: Just curious

Post by andy-kitt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:46 pm

They were done using several LEDs, but I have seen aftermarket kits on eBay, just need to check they operate in the new knight rider effect not the old one.

If you car is black, then it could still be the real KI3T as it appears to change into any Ford in black, be it standard Mustangs, F-150 pick-ups, Ford Edge and even a van once I believe.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Sadly, my truck is white. But I don't really care about that. I just want the damn lights.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 pm

KI3T can change colors, so I guess it can be KI3T. :D Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Volunteer

Post by Avatar » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:10 am

If you check youtube, there are a few videos that show the construction and demos of the kI3T scanner

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:21 am

Now for the hard part... getting money to actually do this. For being in college has it's disadvantages. Thanks everyone for the tips! 8)

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:41 am

Slim_Knight wrote:Now for the hard part... getting money to actually do this. For being in college has it's disadvantages. Thanks everyone for the tips! 8)
Money is always a problem my freind. for me, I have to buy the gadgets AND pay for the shipment all the way to the Middle East. there is another option, by a finished Replica and get it over with :lol: Image :kitt:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:59 am

If only I could be a really rich college student. Then that's exactly what I would do. Oh well

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:47 pm

I checked youtube for how to videos, and I seem to have come up empty handed. Any suggestions? Any help on checking out the possibility of pursuing this would be appreciated.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:00 pm

If you want one that is just as bright as KI3T'S it's going to cost you as they used about 500 LEDS and the expensive $1.20 a piece version at that.

I have a cheapo version if you want to check mine out. But they are only 15" and start in the middle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drai92P4i3U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just remember these are highly illegal in most states and you should only use them when the vehicle is parked :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:14 am

I live in New Mexico, so I am not so worried about legality lol. Some things out here should be illegal with vehicles, and the aren't. LOL