Why did the Knight Rider price Drop?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Why did the Knight Rider price Drop?

Post by Shadowy Flight » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 am

You may recall a very hard to find 1:18 K.I.T.T. by Joyride/Ertl that was put out a few years ago. They have been selling like hotcakes on ebay for over $100 every time. Does anyone know why the prices have dropped so significantly these past few days? Go to ebay and type knight Rider 1:18 and you will see most of them listed for under $50 now. Its impossible that it's reissued because Joyride went belly up a few years ago didn't they? So are these fakes or put out by another company? Thanks.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Why did the Knight Rider price Drop?

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't know if they are old stock or new production run but some other ERTL models are recently re-released as well, such as Smokey & The Bandit Trans-Am. KITT's releasedate is January 15th so it's already next week.
Company called Auto World have now license for ERTL models but haven't found anything about KITT from their site. I have no idea if these new KITT models are old stock or new production run but see the topic in creative & merchandise section for further info:
viewtopic.php?f=1044&t=13325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;