This NEW Knight Rider is not about Michael and KITT right?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

This NEW Knight Rider is not about Michael and KITT right?

Post by knight56 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 pm

I have notice that this new Knight Rider is not about the CAR or kitt or Michael Knight its about all the people in the show. We rarely see Kitt turbo boost or we rarely see what Michael Knight and KITT use to do in the 80s show. What do you think. I think this show is not about one man and one car is about everyone ....i miss where it was about Michael Knight and KITT.. :cry:

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: This NEW Knight Rider is not about Michael and KITT right?

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:58 pm

To actually answer you: NO.

It's not about Michael and KITT, it's about Michael, Sarah, Billy, Zoe, Rivai etc and KITT...
The ONLY episode where KITT drives himself to save Michael was "A Hard Day's Knight".
Any other time he needs Sarah or Billy to drive him to rescue Michael. Lame.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

knight14
Volunteer

Post by knight14 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:16 pm

knight56 wrote:I have notice that this new Knight Rider is not about the CAR or kitt or Michael Knight its about all the people in the show. We rarely see Kitt turbo boost or we rarely see what Michael Knight and KITT use to do in the 80s show. What do you think. I think this show is not about one man and one car is about everyone ....i miss where it was about Michael Knight and KITT.. :cry:
First off I'm new here and have been a fan of the TOS for a very long time. Not to go too off-topic or steal a thread, butI hope with this "reboot" or "retool" that the show comes back to the TOS missions. I loved it how Michael would drop by these towns, meets some new strangers out of nowhere and finds out a certain person needs help and a new mission is created.
You know its funny, I was watching Season 2 episodes from TOS last night before KR08 came on tv. Wow the differences were so wide apart that I just shook my head but I kept on watching. After the KR08 episode was over I just hoped that they keep there promises, re-create FLAG again and go back to what TOS main purpose was "One man...one car". I also think this would be the appropriate time for David H to come back into the game and head FLAG in the middle of season 1. I really think KR08 has a chance and really the producers basically have this last chance to wake up and make what Knight Rider is suppose to be.
As for the cast...I can't see KR08 keeping both Billy and Zoe around, it just doesn't make sense. Say Billy is the new RC but what would Zoe main job be or you know vice-versa. A lot of questions will be answered when "reboot" starts and hopefully these producers made all the right moves or everyone will be out of a job soon.
KITT and Mike need to be the main stars instead of just being "there". I feel KR08 has no main stars as most of the time there's a lot of just sexual tension and goofing around between supporting characters. Yes TOS had some playful goofing around but the majority was with Michael and KITT on there missions or just cruising around. I do agree with Knight56 that right now KR08 is not about Mike and KITT and to me that's not Knight Rider. Again I'm not bashing KR08 as a whole but I' am glad the producers recognized that there needs to be a change.

knight14
Volunteer

Post by knight14 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 pm

BlueChaos wrote:To actually answer you: NO.

It's not about Michael and KITT, it's about Michael, Sarah, Billy, Zoe, Rivai etc and KITT...
The ONLY episode where KITT drives himself to save Michael was "A Hard Day's Knight".
Any other time he needs Sarah or Billy to drive him to rescue Michael. Lame.
I agree with you, its like Team Knight Rider for right now. I bet you anything if NBC renamed the show "Team Knight Rider 2008", no one would be watching it. TOS Team Knight Rider was a huge disaster and should of never been made.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:01 am

no its not about kitt and michael , the car is just a backdrop for the show, they totally missed the point of what made the original knight rider work. this show is getting worse every week. too much talking and no action lately.
in glen larson we trust.

Gonzaloa
Rookie

Post by Gonzaloa » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:12 am

I totally agree, KR08 KITT is just a member of the cast, not the star. The original show was about KITT and the guy who was behind de wheel, this is the opposite. Pilot + 8 episodes: 2 turbo boosts (right?); once KITT drove through a wall; he doesn't drive himself since the pilot (I'm thinking they don't have the remote car anymore), etc. There is still someone from the show around the site to listen to us and fix this before will be too late?

knight56
Rookie

Post by knight56 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:11 pm

I love Knight Rider from the 80s and iam giving this new Knight Rider a chance to grow on me but i have a hard time learning to love the show because its not the same or near as Knight Rider from the 80s. Sometimes in the new Knight Rider we rarely see Kitt do things like Chase bad guys or like others users on this site say .. kitt would crash into walls or drive on auto drive :cry: I like this new show but iam hoping it get better. Iam not a big fan of CGI things in the year 2008 but ohh well thats how shows and most movies are made today. This show is more sexy with sara and mike and its ok but this new KITT is not the main star of the show anymore its more about the people and the missons. :? Knight of the Living Dead was good but Kitt was not the main star..

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:13 pm

I think that "KR08" is a decent show, however, it could definitely be better than what it is right now; by getting rid of the whole "love triangle thing amongst its characters", & the whole "sexual imagery thing (it's not bad for certain episodes, but it gets repeditive when it seeems to be ongoing)." Also, I know that this is a "new Knight Rider" for a new generation, but they need to lose the whole attitude of trying to make the show look "cool" & just let things flow naturally like how TOS did it.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

knightriderfan80
Recruit

Post by knightriderfan80 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:02 pm

I personally liked how in TOS, Michael would be just driving along, then "Beoullloup, Devon's calling"..."Yo Devoooon"!

Then Devon would give an assignment out of the blue and he would head into a small town usually, make some new friends along the way, and save the day with some case he solves. In the midst of things, KITT would do little things like help a dog out and open his door and tint the windows from a animal officer, or do little things of comedy like with the alligator, or mixing music for those gang members and being all friendly with them. Just seems to me they always focused on both Michael and KI2T individually as well as a TEAM. There were only a handful of shows where Bonnie was part of the story where she rode in KI2T or had to be rescued, but it all fit very well together.

This series as I have been repeatedly trying to like it, is really just annoying me. I like some of the things they have done, BUT the lack of turbo boost, KITT driving himself without the training wheels of Billy or Sarah, and the VERY poorly managed camera shots during car chases as well as the LACK of the car chases, excessive cheap green screen and CGI, and lastly, the love triangles.

My recommendation, get rid of the writers and get the ones who KNOW TOS and how to continue the story starting with bringing Hoff in to replace Graiman.

Thank you and have a nice day...