Name The Differences bewteen the Viper Defender and K.I.T.T?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT2kk
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Name The Differences bewteen the Viper Defender and K.I.T.T?

Post by KITT2kk » Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:41 am

I know everyone does act this question but, is there an difference bewteen the Viper Defender & KITT? except the talking car answer lol. :D

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:37 am

Some differences. The Defender had guns, rockets, and a static pulse cannon. While different Micro Jam could accomplish the same ultimate goal as the static pulse.

Defender could be driven by remote control.

Kitt can drive himself/also be driven by remote control Bonnie was going to do it in Killer Kitt but Berio's memory module took Kitt over before she had the chance.

The newer Defender had a Hovercraft system/ Where Kitt's third stage aquadic synthesizer was removed because a test version of it sunk.

After that Kitt is superior. Kitt's MBS is clearly stronger than the Defender's armor plating. Kitt is much faster. Definitely smarter.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:33 am

Don't forget the Defender had that cool 4 wheel drive mode too. Kitt had high traction drop downs. And, the most important thing!

Kitt was a Trans Am
Defender was a Viper!

Now THAT's a difference! LOL..... Both were very cool shows.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:04 am

Now a Friend of mine and I were debating between Kitt and the Defender over the HTDD's vs. 4 wheel Defender. I thought they were about equal He said no the Defender was superior. He said It was a 4 wheel drive and much much better traction.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:34 pm

KITT had traction spikes. KITT could launch off the ground and come back down with a minimum to no amount of damage, KITT could achieve higher speeds, could blend in with the common vehicle on the street, and didn't have to rely on offensive weapons.

The Defender was a giant rip off of KITT with lesser capabilities, KITT was more than a talking car, you have to remember, he was a car that was loaded with defensive capabilities. The Defender had four wheel drive capabilities added, just like KITT had High Traction Dropdowns and Traction Spikes added, when it came down to it, KITT could adjust his suspension with the High Traction Dropdowns, so he had more control over his traction and suspension in those conditions, as it was displayed.

So, I think it is pretty logical to figure out that KITT was superior in general features and function. He didn't have to rely on all the weapons as such.

KI

KITT2kk
Stranger

Post by KITT2kk » Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:29 pm

Great so know i'm not the only who thinks KITT is more powerful and smarter than the Defender...cuz me, my dad and my older brother discussed this yesterday and i just need another opinion thanx

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:45 pm

I always like to take a line from "Back to the Future" and apply it to Kitt vs. The Defender

Kitt could tear through The Defender as if it was tin foil.

Originally Marty He's driving a 46 Ford we're driving a Delroean He'd tear through us like we were Tin Foil.

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:29 pm

That's what made KITT better, the fact that he didn't NEED all those weapons.

I don't remember the Defender having super pursuit mode, ski mode, auto roofs or anything like that. The best thing I can think of is that flying camera thing, but that wasn't even controlled by the car.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:02 pm

You know what my favorite scene out of Viper was? When the police department had to replace the original (I think) blown up Viper, so they bring in a whole fleet of replacements and set up a test track. Only to have all the recruit test drivers literally destroy all but one of the replacements, simply because they couldn't drive well enough. Viper superior? Hah! Superior, my...

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:39 pm

jup, I cringed at that scene...seeing all those Vipers wrecked.

The Probe was the flying robot that was controlled from the driver in the Defender or at headquarters.

KITT had S.I.D. (Sattilite Infiltration Drone) first!!!!

Only thing KITT didn't have that the Defender did (aside from offensive weapons) was the Hologram Projector.

Nick

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:15 pm

You have to understand that by the point that scene happened in the series, I was so sick of watching Viper that the mass destruction felt well overdue. I still can't bring myself to watch an episode of Viper, despite the fact that I have most (if not all) of the episodes on tape.

I hope I never feel that way about Knight Rider. Ever.

We might have seen more of S.I.D., had we been given the chance to see season five.

And, I am sure holograms would have come around, had KR made it to, perhaps, season seven or eight. (They just wern't that common a notion, back then.)

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:19 pm

In "Halloween Knight" there was a holographic projector which could project images and make sounds.

Thought you're right, KITT himself didn't really have something like that.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:44 pm

Do you remember in one episode of VIPER they were fighting a bad guy who had invented an AI software? After they defeated him, the VIPER tech, the attractive young black lady, asked what it would be like to have the VIPER with the AI software in it. Of course Cole, Westlake and Frankie said no.

Saying whether or not who was more superior than the other is a mute point, but could you imagine having KITT and the Defender in the same arsenal to fight crime? They'd be better at reducing crime than Guilliani was in NYC.

Dave