Knight Rider 2000....ugh

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:59 am

Didn't like the movie either very much, it was of course great to see Michael, Devon and KITT's voice together again but otherwise it just wasn't anything like Knight Rider used to be.
If they couldn't use the '82 Trans-Am I would've liked better seeing KITT in the little tv-set and Michael driving some normal car like in Soul Survivor (well, maybe not '50s Studebaker LOL) . That red tomato on wheels is just terrible. Also the movie should've been set to the present day as the original series.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Crumbling Down wrote:The only thing I liked about the movie were the cop cars. They were chevy berettas, I used to have two of them.
What's ridiculous though is that they're all coupes. What kinda second-rate police force doesn't have four door cop cars? Gonna make the criminals climb into the back?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:01 am

cloudkitt wrote:
Crumbling Down wrote:The only thing I liked about the movie were the cop cars. They were chevy berettas, I used to have two of them.
What's ridiculous though is that they're all coupes. What kinda second-rate police force doesn't have four door cop cars? Gonna make the criminals climb into the back?
what was even MORE ridiculous was when one of them blew up by a rocket launcher it wasn't even a beretta, but a plymouth turismo/dodge charger hatchback coupe.

i had one of these POS cars, called the Plymouth Turismo Duster. the only thing that made the Turismo a Duster was a rear wing, chrome plated center caps that covered the lug nuts, full gauges in the cluster (regular Turismo's had a speed, fuel gauges and idiot lights) and a premium sound system (AM/FM and TAPE over AM/FM in non Dusters ;) ).
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

remote_jup
Recruit

Post by remote_jup » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:20 pm

If a true KR sequel ever came about and it picked up from the original and neither KR2000 or TKR, I bet some (like us) may bicker and most would just accept. Because what is modern is what is now. Many care little about the past of so much.

And, in my opinion, am glad that KR2000 was dropped pilot over 1 (or, gulp, multiple) season(s).
This accout is only for use at unsecured public terminals by jup.