Making Waves: A Review

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Making Waves: A Review

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:22 am

Well, last night I finished reading "Making Waves", David Hasselhoff's (ghost-written) autobiography. For fans of Knight Rider, Baywatch and the man himself, it is a very interesting read. It is at times frank, honest, and always seems to deliver his self-deprecating sense of humour and twinkle in the eye.

A lot of the material seems to have been plucked (or should that be "paraphrased"?) from articles that can be found scattered around the Net, and quotes from TV interviews, but there are also many new stories (obviously from interviews with the book's ghost-writer). Memorable are David's tales of the car-show circuit (he started on $500, and by the end of the first season was pulling in $50,000), Lew Wasserman's (head of Universal) reaction to a Knight Rider photoshoot on his lawn, and David's reaction to the Knight Rider 2000 script ("I threw it across the room").

There are some unseen, color pictures in the photos section: one of the K.I.T.T. camera car, one of Hasselhoff, Mulhare and Rebecca Holden in the semi set, one of Garthe Knight in the desert, and one of Hasselhoff by the sign for Knightrider Street in Central London. There is a small photo from the Knight Rider reunion on This Is Your Life, with Edward Mulhare, Patricia McPherson and Peter Parros.

There was one small mistake that was quite irritating; the book claims that one of the car thieves in the Knight Rider pilot episode was "an uncreditted William Daniels." Not so; they were played by Michael D. Roberts and Bert Rosario, both creditted, and part of Glen Larson's favourite "troupe" of actors.

All in all, an interesting read, and recommended.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Re: Making Waves: A Review

Post by whet » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:27 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:Well, last night I finished reading "Making Waves", David Hasselhoff's (ghost-written) autobiography. For fans of Knight Rider, Baywatch and the man himself, it is a very interesting read. It is at times frank, honest, and always seems to deliver his self-deprecating sense of humour and twinkle in the eye.

A lot of the material seems to have been plucked (or should that be "paraphrased"?) from articles that can be found scattered around the Net, and quotes from TV interviews, but there are also many new stories (obviously from interviews with the book's ghost-writer). Memorable are David's tales of the car-show circuit (he started on $500, and by the end of the first season was pulling in $50,000), Lew Wasserman's (head of Universal) reaction to a Knight Rider photoshoot on his lawn, and David's reaction to the Knight Rider 2000 script ("I threw it across the room").

There are some unseen, color pictures in the photos section: one of the K.I.T.T. camera car, one of Hasselhoff, Mulhare and Rebecca Holden in the semi set, one of Garthe Knight in the desert, and one of Hasselhoff by the sign for Knightrider Street in Central London. There is a small photo from the Knight Rider reunion on This Is Your Life, with Edward Mulhare, Patricia McPherson and Peter Parros.

There was one small mistake that was quite irritating; the book claims that one of the car thieves in the Knight Rider pilot episode was "an uncreditted William Daniels." Not so; they were played by Michael D. Roberts and Bert Rosario, both creditted, and part of Glen Larson's favourite "troupe" of actors.

All in all, an interesting read, and recommended.
Thanks for the review :D

Looking foward to getting the book myself next week, hoping to get to one of David's signings next week.

The Brent cross or Leeds one's sound good.

Vinny is having Kitt there.

will David be driving Kitt at anytime that would really be cool. 8)

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi Fans

This week i become my Book making waves, order from amazon. I dont understand why this good things like Jump in my Car or making waves never come to germany. Its not a Problem for me, i have my friends and they can give me what i want from The Hoff and Knight Rider. But the Germans, oh man i hate this Land :roll: