EVER WONDERED...

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ryytel
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

EVER WONDERED...

Post by ryytel » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Ever wondered why kitt hasn't rebuildeb him by himself like in the goliath. Look K.A.R.R. fall off a cliff but kitt got just attacked by goliath so why kitt didn t rebuild himself but karr did it very well
Knight Rider "Trust Doesnt Rust"

K.A.R.R. : Do you wish to drive, or shall I.

Tony : Go ahead.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:52 pm

What makes you think that Karr rebuilt himself? What if some technitian did it? You never get to know that, it's like a big questionmark for me!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:44 pm

I don't think Karr needed any rebuilding. He simply faked his explosion so Michael and Kitt wouldn't go after him. Karr is a coward :) (But we all love him!)

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:54 pm

I don't think Karr needed any rebuilding. He simply faked his explosion so Michael and Kitt wouldn't go after him. Karr is a coward (But we all love him!)
I don't think so... Otherwise, how would you explain the processor unit on the ground in the end (Trust Doesn't Rust)? And where does all those parts come from? Besides, after the explosion, you won't see Karr at all! You never see him land as Kitt does and those parts from what's left of Karr must come from something, don't you think?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:34 pm

I did notice in the second episode that involed KARR that the car broke up on inmpact. The scaner was the only active thing left. There could have been an episoe where any surviving parts would wind up on another car or even a Trans Am.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:38 pm

Well, I don't think the writers thought that people would be sitting around talking about it 20+ years after the show. They probably got wind of people liking KARR so they brought him back.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:36 am

Well, I don't think the writers thought that people would be sitting around talking about it 20+ years after the show. They probably got wind of people liking KARR so they brought him back.
Hehehehe... that's exactly my point! I mean, the whole idea with this forum is to discuss Knight Rider, right? So, one has to appreciate that you can't necesseraly analyse every aspect of Knight Rider and get a direct answer! This was just a kick-ass TV show back in the 80's, nothing more...

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
I don't think Karr needed any rebuilding. He simply faked his explosion so Michael and Kitt wouldn't go after him. Karr is a coward (But we all love him!)
I don't think so... Otherwise, how would you explain the processor unit on the ground in the end (Trust Doesn't Rust)? And where does all those parts come from? Besides, after the explosion, you won't see Karr at all! You never see him land as Kitt does and those parts from what's left of Karr must come from something, don't you think?
I was thinking about TDR, not KvsK, sorry...

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:45 pm

Oh no! Don't be! My mistake, I was refering to Kitt Vs. Karr but I somehow wrote Trust Doesn't Rust in parenthecies which is indeed wrong. The scene were Kitt and Karr jumps towards eachother is in Kitt Vs. Karr, so my mistake, but interesting HungarianKnight!
You never see what's left of Karr after he falls of that cliff/edge (Trust Doesn't Rust). Maybe he got away somehow? In fact, if you look close enough it's not really Karr that's comming off that cliff, it's a Chevy I think?
Last edited by Knight-Armen on Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:03 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:
Oh no! Don't be! My mistake, I was refering to Kitt Vs. Karr but I somehow wrote Trust Doesn't Rust in parenthecies which is indeed wrong. The scene were Kitt and Karr jumps towards eachother is in Kitt Vs. Karr, so my mistake, but interesting HungarianKnight!
You never see what's left of Karr after he falls of that cliff/edge (Trust Doesn't Rust). Maybe he got away somehow? In fact, if you look close enough it's not realy Karr that's comming off that cliff, it's a Chevy I think?
That's because they used stock footage from another movie to show the car flying off of the cliff (their budget was limited and they couldn't afford to toss a Trans Am off the cliff). The movie the footage is from is called "The Car", and the car in question is a Lincoln, not a Chevy. I seem to remember seeing that movie a long time ago, and it was about a car that got possessed or something, but it's been a long time so I don't really remember. You weren't supposed to notice that it was a different car flying off the cliff...I guess they hoped that a quick cut would make it unnoticeable. It was actually a lot harder to notice when the episode first aired...TV's were a lot lower quality and it was hard to pause a VHS tape at an exact spot. The stock footage is really only there for a few frames. However, with the much better quality TV's today, and the ease of freeze framing DVD's, it's much easier to spot. Interestingly enough, Ronny Cox had a minor role in The Car. Here's the IMDB page on The Car:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075809/

Another bit of trivia. There was an episode I think in season 1 where they showed a dam blow up and start a huge flood...that was stock footage also, from Superman.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:26 pm

hehe. That's pretty good. Well if anyone looks closely at the footage they can tell it isn't KARR going off the cliff. I was just thinking too that they used some Superman footage in Not a Drop to Drink. Kinda looks like it anyway...hehe.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:08 am

Hehehe, yeah... but the strange thing is why they chose a Lincoln among the wide choises of cars!? I mean, the Lincoln doesn't look like Kitt at all! A Camaro would have been a wiser choise. I understand that those particular cars (Pontiac and Chevrolet) were expensive at that time, but still they could have used a wrecked one or maybe modify the Lincoln a bit.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:10 pm

I never did understand why they used stock footage for the cliff scene, especially when you can tell so easily that it's a different car. They could have just used a model, heck even a matchbox car to make it look more like a black Trans Am and the scene a little more believable. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:52 pm

They didn't use a Lincoln at all. They just scooped some footage out of another movie ("The Car") and used it for the cliff scene. The car in The Car just happened to be a Lincoln. I guess they were hoping that it would happen too fast for people to notice that it wasn't KARR flying off of the cliff. I seem to remember Glen Larson saying that they didn't spend near enough money on special effects in the first season...if they had done that episode in the 2nd season or later they probably would've used a miniature for it.