A Shadowy Flight (My First Book from 1997) - New Edition

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A Shadowy Flight (My First Book from 1997) - New Edition

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:25 pm

Not sure how many people here were around in '97, but...many of you might remember my first "Knight Rider" book called "A Shadowy Flight: The Unofficial Guide to Knight Rider", self-published in 1997. I had a few hundred copies made and they sold out rapidly. "A Shadowy Flight" had many sections to it, but the "meat" of the book was a giant encyclopedia - an alphabetical listing of EVERY character, place, and KITT feature to be shown on the series. I've received some correspondence from some people expressing their interest in having a copy. I decided a few months ago to redo the entire book, front to back. Every entry has been updated, missing entires have been added, as well as pictures. "A Shadowy Flight" Second Edition is officially released! The new book is 284 pages long, 6x9 format. It features over 1200 entries of various people and places from the Knight Rider world! I have also included a set of pictures that I personally took of the KITT car that was on display at the season ending wrap parties. The book contains about 20 photos. (All cover photos are of my own personal KITT replica). Each book will be numbered and autographed. I put copy #002 on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Knight-Rider-A-SHAD ... dZViewItem

Note: The cover seen on the Ebay auction is not the final cover. I had one copy made with this cover but the rest will have the cover found on my new website (http://www.knightrideruniverse.com). I guess that's the other news! I was feeling a bit nostalgic and decided to bring back The Knight Rider Universe, my website that I had for many years in the late 90's. There's not too much on the site as of yet, it's a work in progress. Click on the link "A Shadowy Flight" for more details on the book.

If you're interested in owning a copy, please email me!

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by Joe Huth on Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:50 pm

Looks like an excellent resource and a trivia-lover's dream!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:46 pm

Cool! If I wasn't saving for some work that needs doing on my car, I'd probably bid on it.

BTW, the bottom pic in your auction kinda made me laugh. I mean, the jeans, etc. :lol: I think I would have used a table to take the pic and not my uhm... lap. :lol:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:54 pm

Haha yeah....that's not me....my buddy took those pics and I uploaded them without really looking at them too closely...Oh well!

Joe

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:55 pm

I still have mine Joe!!! I still refer to it occasionally. It is indeed a handy book to have!

krfan1

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:14 pm

Being so young at the time I wrote the first version, there were a lot of mistakes and omissions. This new edition has corrected all of that (hopefully!). I also added the extra feature of cross-referencing to this new edition. Anything in the descriptions that is bolded has its own reference in the book. I really think everyone will enjoy this book and it's definately a great companion book to Knight Rider Legacy.

Joe

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:20 pm

:lol: Well, it might even help sell the book! :)

This book sounds like a KR bible of sorts. Will it eventually be available on Amazon.com, etc. like the Legacy book? For those of us who need some time to come up with $$ for it, etc? Or is this a limited print project?

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:08 pm

As long as people are interested in purchasing a copy, there will be one available to be purchased! I eventually hope to get this book on Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com, but for right now, you can only get it through me.

Thanks!
Joe

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:13 pm

So, what is the price of this fine book for those who do not wish to
go the ebay route? Looks very interesting.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:16 pm

The price of the book is $17.99 plus $4 shipping. My goal was to sell it a few dollars cheaper, but production costs pushed it to the current price.

Thanks!
Joe