Michael Knight's fist fights

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Pound4Pound
Volunteer

Michael Knight's fist fights

Post by Pound4Pound » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Did anyone other than myself find Michael Knight's fist fights very funny. I love when Michael mixes it up, it's very funny

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:42 pm

They were one dimensional so it's a shame they never varied it a little. You knew what he was going to do as soon as he started fighting.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:10 am

I remember bad guys falling to the ground even when Michael was only hitting NEAR their faces. Maybe it was his aura...

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:38 am

That was all part of the fun of the shows of Knight Rider's era. Knight Rider, The A-Team, Hunter, Magnum... they were all action-adventure-crime shows, and they all had a twinkle in their eyes. The heroes would always dish out physical retribution to the bad guys who, frankly, had it coming! It was a kind of logical progression from the old westerns that these shows updated -- the shootouts became fistfights. Not always coordinated that great (see "Merchants of Death" and "Knights of the Fast Lane"). But, it was all good fun. :)
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:22 am

I loved how Michael was meant to be a black-belt martial artist in the Pilot, but then in the series.....well it wasn't any form of martial arts that I recognise. :lol:

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:17 pm

how could they have pic kitt from
kr2000 in the mobile unit .
seen in a good knights work :?:

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:49 pm

The physical fights in Knight Rider, whether old fashion fist brawls or the often made up karate, were absolutely HILARIOUS. It was some of the best unintentional comedy in the history of televsion.

My favorite was Hasselhoff's round house kick or that jumping high kick he did. What if you saw someone in real life do that? I would die laughing.

Pound4Pound
Volunteer

Post by Pound4Pound » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Kirin wrote:The physical fights in Knight Rider, whether old fashion fist brawls or the often made up karate, were absolutely HILARIOUS. It was some of the best unintentional comedy in the history of televsion.

My favorite was Hasselhoff's round house kick or that jumping high kick he did. What if you saw someone in real life do that? I would die laughing.
LMAO, are you talking about the kick in the fight scene in
Knight Rider 2000? I think you hit it right on the head, some of the best unitentional comedy, OF ALL TIME

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:30 am

Yes I found Michael's roundhouse kick in KR2000 rather funny. And when he uses his martial arts skills in the pilot I also found it hilarious you didnt see him doing it.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Arroww'
Operative

Re: Michael Knight's fist fights

Post by Arroww' » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Pound4Pound wrote:Did anyone other than myself find Michael Knight's fist fights very funny. I love when Michael mixes it up, it's very funny
Yep, at the beginning his fights were very funny.... :lol:

Pound4Pound
Volunteer

Post by Pound4Pound » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:57 pm

LMAO..You think anyone has, or can get a clip of that kick or some of the fights ??

octopus7
Volunteer

Post by octopus7 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:41 pm

and don't forget the cheesy "punch" sound effects :lol:

mythos219
Volunteer

Post by mythos219 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:34 pm

I find the mimicked responses michael says when confronted by a bad guy even more humurous. For instance, someone will say to michael "you better watch yourself, pal" and micheal replies back "no, you better watch yourself...pal" while overacting the "pal" in typical hasselhoff fashion - makes me roll my eyes and shake my head.