Movie is important to David, not the studio unfortunatly...

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Movie is important to David, not the studio unfortunatly...

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:31 pm

alright, movehole is in my opionion one of the best movie sites and 9 times out of 10 right on there news, unlike other sites that many talk about, well if you don't know fans right in for questions and they answer, stupid question gets stupid answers, there like the Simon of American Idol, tell you how it is, well, here is my question about the movie as it stands, here is the responce....

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060126_ ... 26106.html

Q.Hello again, Hey Mr. Hassellhoff has been in and out of rumors for the new "Knight Rider" movie if its being worked on or not. I know he doesn't want some comedy like most of the TV show movies that have been made, at one point the studio didn’t want Kitt to talk!! I think he finally bought the rights to Knight Rider(I think) and with his touring and recent divorce, do you know what the status is of the movie, and who he might be getting as his "son". The plan is to have Old Kitt and New Kitt with him and his son in the movie I believe, but you would know more then me of course :) Thanks bro! - Michael
A. Hang On….still laughing…..never heard someone refer to Davo as ‘Mr Hasselhoff’. OK, I’m alright now….No movement at all on “Knight Rider”, I’m afraid. I believe it’s a priority for ‘Mr Hasselhoff’ but not the studio. Still, I’ll drop my buddies at Revolution an email and see if we can’t get a status report.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:13 pm

Thanks for checking in with them. Although it is great that they're going to look into it, I think this is an example of how moviehole isn't on top of things: last we heard, David and Revolution Studios parted ways over a year and a half ago.

Maybe Revolution still thinks of this as a project they'd like to do... I'm curious to hear if moviehole can follow up.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:41 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Thanks for checking in with them. Although it is great that they're going to look into it, I think this is an example of how moviehole isn't on top of things: last we heard, David and Revolution Studios parted ways over a year and a half ago.

Maybe Revolution still thinks of this as a project they'd like to do... I'm curious to hear if moviehole can follow up.
I check it daily so I'll post once I get a responce, if not I'll ask for an update in about 2 weeks. Usually they do a story on a movie when something needs to be followed up on. So I'll let you know when I find anything out.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:56 pm

god i hope universal does it
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Modo
Volunteer

Post by Modo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:31 pm

Well it would be better if Universal did it, seeing as they were the ones who produced the show and all.

Oh, I'm Modo by the way. Only just joined and I like what I'm seeing with this place.

Also; from what I understand on Wikipedia (brilliant source of info by the way), the Knight Rider movie has already entered Pre-production. As to how much truth there is about this is uncertain, but that is all I am aware of thus far.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:59 pm

Modo wrote: Also; from what I understand on Wikipedia (brilliant source of info by the way), the Knight Rider movie has already entered Pre-production.
Wikipedia exists - by design - because of user-submitted info which is not verified. "Pre-production" is a very specific phase in a movie's life-cycle (not just "before production") in which sets are being constructed and there is a lot of activity going on. That takes money. The movie can't be in pre-production until a studio signs up with the cash. No studio has been announced yet.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:36 pm

And what about Revolution, Pajaro? :?

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:43 pm

When Revolution decided they didn't want Kitt to talk, David pulled the project from them and began to search for a studio who would back the concept of a Knight Rider film rather than a Fast Rider film.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

knghtrdr
Recruit

Post by knghtrdr » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:42 pm

Thanks for the info mike,was very interesting! I can't believe david had to fight so hard to have a talking car!

Did the film makers ever watch Knight Rider ???Look at the sales of the dvds,man you can't keep up!!!

And another pet peeve is the lenght of time it takes then to finalize this movie!

Get with the program I say,we knight rider fans want to see Kitt on the big screen,let's go!!!!!
Turbo boost KITT!!!One man can make a difference!!!

KITTluver247
Volunteer

Post by KITTluver247 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:01 pm

knghtrdr wrote:Thanks for the info mike,was very interesting! I can't believe david had to fight so hard to have a talking car!

Did the film makers ever watch Knight Rider ???Look at the sales of the dvds,man you can't keep up!!!

And another pet peeve is the lenght of time it takes then to finalize this movie!

Get with the program I say,we knight rider fans want to see Kitt on the big screen,let's go!!!!!
BOO-YAH!!! KITT ON THE BIG SCREEN WOULD BE AWSOME! :lol:

KITTluver247
Volunteer

LET'S START A PETITION!

Post by KITTluver247 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:04 pm

We could start a Petition for Another KR Movie! It worked for other tv shows that Aren't as Popular (Kim Possible got another season). :wink: