Hasselhoff on Rove (Australia) - Knight Rider movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:28 pm

Those are some good ideas. But when it comes to offensive weapons, they'll have to be careful as to what they make up, since K.I.T.T. is programmed not to take a human life. Maybe for Michael's son's car the programming could be different, but I doubt it. That's sort of the gimmick of the show and what made K.A.R.R. "evil."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Bowspearer
Stranger

Post by Bowspearer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:40 pm

I agree it's a fine line, but mag pulse guns were done in Viper, with only the actual vehicle being targetted suffering any damage, which was basically instant shutdown of any thing electronic (brakes wouldn't be affected). As for the laser cutter, were the rockets KITT was equipped with any less deadly. Ultimately however you rig KITT up offensively the only way the offensive capabilities could take a life is if KITT was forced to override his directive regarding human life. Somehow I can't see that happening. Another thing struck me too. How will this film handle Team Knight Rider? Obviously they wouldn't necessarily have to appear in it, but for continuity to be maintained, there at least has to be either a reference to the series, or the plot needs to be handled in such a way that it's possible for the team to have existed.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:16 pm

Thanks everyone for keeping us not in Oz updated on the Rove press, some great coverage, thanks!

Also neat to be mentioned on Yahoo! Thanks for spotting that! Also cool to see Toni's original artwork as the thumbnail for it. Sorry for the snub Nat, a shame they went for sensationalizing instead of informational.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:31 pm

You're welcome neps.. :D

It's a pity that the prints cost so much, however on news.com.au they have these photos available for purchase..

original photo's removed due to copyright

I'm thinking about getting at least one of them.. :)

AP
Last edited by MrPayner on Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:04 am

Thanks Neps...I guess that webpage was just more focused on DH fan sites that contained 'not-so-serious' material...It's just one of those things I don't get. LOL Thank goodness when they went for a Knight Rider fan site they selected Knight Rider Online. :wink:

It's cool the Australian fans are getting to see David; I've gotten a lot of emails from nice fans in Australia who are really enjoying having him there. The photos of David posing with that KITT replica are awesome too! I'm really looking forward to seeing David someday when the opportunity presents itself. :wink:

Nat

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:53 am

Wow, neat photos! I love the turn signals instead of fog lights look. I hope they go with that in the movie (hoping they bring the old KITT back). Makes him look more modern. :)

BTW, on the site with the photos, if you go to buy one, it just takes you to the main page for photos and then you can't find the photo again. So no way to buy a photo. :(

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:36 pm

Hey those pictures are awesome. "Goin' Off like the Hoff." What a great shirt, and I'd be goofy enough to wear it too. :P Yes, KITT also looks cool with the turn signal lights. I'm sure when he appears in the movie, whenever that may be, he'll definitely have some upgraded body work. Hey if they can do it Herbie, they can certainly do to KITT. ;)
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:32 am

FuzzieDice wrote:..on the site with the photos, if you go to buy one, it just takes you to the main page for photos and then you can't find the photo again. So no way to buy a photo. :(
Yeh i know.. i'm going to email them and ask to put them on the secure purchasing site.. I really want one that's A4 size.. [AUD$40]. It's a bit steep though..

Oh!
I have uploaded to my website the MP3 of the interview.. It's 160kbps and runs for approx 14 mintues. The file size is 15.9MB and you can DOWNLOAD IT HERE!.. Enjoy! [until i can get the video online.. :) ]

AP

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:50 pm

So did everyone enjoy listening to the interview?

AP

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:32 am

I did, As I missed Rove the night Dave was on. 8)

Bowspearer
Stranger

Post by Bowspearer » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:29 am

Can't belive I missed his being on the show. Thabnks for posting the mp3 file Mr Payner- can't wait to see trhe video of it :).

Jasmin
Volunteer

Post by Jasmin » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:55 am

thanks for posting the interview! :-)
Does anybody have Davids Foxtel appearance? I guess, he sang "Unchain my heart". I am dying to listen to it... please help :-)) thanks!!!

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:23 am

it will probably be repeated on channelv heaps. like every thing else

ps did any one actually get a video mpeg of the inter view on rove?
--knightman--

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:12 am

Thanks for posting the interview. It was very good and I'm now waiting for the video! The crowd's reaction at the start was amazing, they seemed to really be excited at him being there.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:40 pm

Alirght people, even though i can't take credit for this, you can get the entire ROVE live show recorded in HDTV xvid from here...

http://www.mininova.org/tor/157896 - 497MB HDTV xvid

Please load it up and share it around for people.. :) If it doesn't say that there are seeders/leechers there are, cause i'm one of them. :)

Cheers
Adam

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:44 pm

Ah, right, had nearly forgotten about that

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:58 pm

This may souund far-fetched, but I'd love for DH to actually perform on "American Idol", so the amateur kids of the show can really see how it's really done and so they can learn how to be genuine performers on stage, not rank amateurs!
Either that, and/or be a celeb guest judge!
Ok, I'm totally out of my mind, but stranger things have happened.....

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:56 am

OK i had to remove those images that i posted above due to copyright, however the newspaper that printed them have now put those images on their website for print purchase because of my request.. i'm going to be purchasing the first 2 in A4 size [only as it represents better value for money than getting them in 6x4" size!]

If you would also like to purchase the photos, go to http://www.newsphotos.com.au and type "knight rider" into the search field.. Hope some of you guys can get these photo's too! :D

AP