Hasselhoff on Rove (Australia) - Knight Rider movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Daemonicus666
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff on Rove (Australia) - Knight Rider movie

Post by Daemonicus666 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:40 am

As im speaking Hassellhoff is on Rove LIve (which for you overseas ppl is a talk show here in Australia). I just had to rush online to let you know the movie is definitly in develpoment. He hints at a possible father and son team for the movie (Michael & Son). Also, he mentions that the producers or what not (in earlier drafts I assume) did not actually what KITT to talk in the movie and wanted to make it like a satire like how the Starksy and Hutch movie was. But luckily they got the rights back and the movie will be faithful to the series and us fans will enjoy it. Knight Rider also still remains the favourite show he has done.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:42 am

Thanks for that.

Sadly we have heard this all before so it ain't anything new.

to be honest they only time I will believe there is a movie, is when I see it promoted with actual footage.

We have been promised this movie for years and years now.

So at the moment I am not holding my breath, because it will more than likely come to nothing.

Sad but very true! :(

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:51 am

Cool Bananas..... And Apples

I missed Rove, But I did hear that Hasslehoff was going to do a song on Australian idol?

So, We finally get a proper talking KITT?, Thats good, I was worried about it being a "Satire" and It's very good to hear that things are back on track.

I hope this movie hurries up and hope it uses the theme tune in the opening.

Can't wait, I'll be wearing my leather jacket and jeans :D

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:19 pm

AtariKnight wrote: I hope this movie hurries up and hope it uses the theme tune in the opening.
So do I. I love that music. I think that was something lacking from Knight Rider 2000, the intro music and the incidental music was replaced and with it the Knight Rider feel (though there were other reasons than just that).

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:49 pm

Where is the evidence? Like one of you guy's said: "We have been waiting for this movie a long time now", YEARS in fact! If the movie is in production, then why can't Hasselhoff tell us that himself? Give us some info with good evidence, people are starting to get very frustrated!!!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:46 pm

Yes it was me that said that!

Trust me Don't get excited about this, it's nothing, There ain't ever going to be a movie in my opion, thats just the way it is :(

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:06 pm

I have to agree with whet on this.No proof,no footage of him saying anything.We have been waiting years.In fact about 4 years ago when I was in high school I told my friend theres a new Knight Rider movie coming out he told me "Yeah sure their is.If the movie comes out I will personaly by you a ticket to see it with you."I soooo wanted to rub it in his face but apparently that won't happen.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:58 pm

I believe that they are working on the film right now as we speak! I'm not convinced to 100%, though. My instincts tells me that. Perhaps they don't want to publish to much info what it regards the film at the moment. Let's wait and see, after all I have seen posts from David himself on his very own site, where he claims that they are working on a Knight Rider movie. The reason why the movie has been delayed, is according to "me" that there was so much discussions about who is going to take the role as Michael Knight and Devon Miles. Because after all, mr. Miles or Edward Mulhare has left our world and thus needs an replacement if they were to produce another movie. I know that we all have been waiting for this movie a long time now, a very long time in fact. But lets keep our fingers crossed and perhaps one day we will be able to watch it with our friends in the theaters. Remember, if anyone of you guy's have seen the Rocky movies with Sylvester Stallone. He has done 5 Rocky movies until now. The 5th movie was aired a few years ago (5 i think). Recently I read in the newspaper that he is going to do the 6th one!!! It took him 5 years!!! What happened during these years? Why didn't they air Rocky 6 a year after or so? Something must have been interfering with their contracts and stuff. I think itäs similar to the Knight Rider movie. But don't worry folkes! I'm sure we are going to have an update from David himself soon.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:31 pm

Are you really comparing Sly Stalone to David.Sly acted and directed Rocky and he has had alot more movies under his belt then David too.

BTW I was told by my friend that Rocky 6 will have a new guy to play Rocky and Rambo 4 was also rumored to be in the work right after the 911 tragedy.In 3 he went to fight for Afghanastan and 4 he goes back to kick there butt's LOL.

psvl6
Recruit

Post by psvl6 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:27 pm

If anyone has David's appearance on Rove taped will you please put up a link to it. I live in the U.S. and I am not able to watch it and I would love to.

Thankyou,
Pam

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:05 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:The reason why the movie has been delayed, is according to "me" that there was so much discussions about who is going to take the role as Michael Knight and Devon Miles. Because after all, mr. Miles or Edward Mulhare has left our world and thus needs an replacement if they were to produce another movie.
I hope this isn't entirely accurate. I wouldn't want to see another actor play the role of Devon Miles. I know different actors are used for movie adaptations/sequels all the time, but...I don't know, it just doesn't feel right to have someone else play him. He passed away in real-life, he passed away in Knight Rider 2000. Keep things consistent! Even the upcoming Superman Returns is going to use archival footage of Marlon Brando as Jor-El from the first film in 1978. (Albeit footage that was cut from the original film.) I would like to see Devon incorporated into the new movie somehow, and I think David should do the same thing and use archival footage of Edward Mulhare for the movie.

Knight-Armen wrote:Remember, if anyone of you guy's have seen the Rocky movies with Sylvester Stallone. He has done 5 Rocky movies until now. The 5th movie was aired a few years ago (5 i think). Recently I read in the newspaper that he is going to do the 6th one!!! It took him 5 years!!! What happened during these years? Why didn't they air Rocky 6 a year after or so? Something must have been interfering with their contracts and stuff. I think itäs similar to the Knight Rider movie. But don't worry folkes! I'm sure we are going to have an update from David himself soon.
Rocky V was made in 1990── 15 years ago. Stallone had originally planned for Rocky to die in the film (it was supposed to be its gimmick), but the studio (MGM) was not happy with the idea and Stallone was forced to rewrite the script. Many years later, a script was indeed written for Rocky VI and was planned to have a low budget ($10-15 million) like the previous films, allowing more emphasis on the script. MGM was reluctant to greenlight the project for fear that it would not do well enough in theaters, and, so far, still has yet to. Stallone wants to do it before it gets too late, if it isn't already.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:02 pm

I, too, would not be happy with a new actor playing Devon, though I don't care much for the Knight Rider 2000 timeline.

I think that as Edward Mulhare has passed away, we acknowledge that within the film, either as Devon having died (peacefully) or simply moved on. I think the first works better.

Additionally, I would still like David Hasselhoff to have an action role with KITT prominant too in his original form. Though the new kid (if they must have one) can have a newer, more modern car.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:03 pm

I'm just glad DH still is working on the "Knight Rider", and I'm hopeful that Michael and KITT will have a good movie for themselves.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:20 am

I watched [and taped] the whole thing.. It was a great interview with david but as a few other people have already said he's only rehashed stuff from old interviews. I guess that's what you do when you are asked the same questions over and over again.
AtariKnight wrote:Thats good, I was worried about it being a "Satire" and It's very good to hear that things are back on track.
David did mention how the movies like Starsky & Hutch and the recent Dukes of Hazzard didn't really sit well with him and that he wanted to steer away from this type of movie. Hopefully there's going to be that slightly darker side to knight rider when it's released onto the silver screen. Hopefully it's going to be more mature in it's approach as i don't think that audiences will want more of the same "damsel in distress" like the original series was. [Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you!].

If i can get it done somehow i'll try to get a divx or something of the interview online so people OS can view it.. i'll ask around if anyone has a good capture card at work.

At the end of the interview, Hasselhoff gave a "gift" to Rove which was the costume that you guys have been talking about/seeing in Walmarts and stores like that. Rove immediately threw on the wig, jacket and watch and together they both striked a pose like "Michael Knight" would have done. It was hilarious! :D

Cheers
Adam

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:33 am

Oh and another thing, "Knight Rider Online" made it onto the Australian Yahoo New's HOFFice Attachments page.. which can be seen HERE :P

AP

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:53 am

from what i can see nobody mentioned this link yet, so here is a link to moviehole about that david's appereance on Rove Life
http://www.moviehole.net/news/hasselhof ... _come.html
interesting is the line "centring on Michael Knight and his teenage son, who both have cars". seems as if we'll see both the '82 Kitt and a new car. great news 8)

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:10 am

MrPayner wrote:David did mention how the movies like Starsky & Hutch and the recent Dukes of Hazzard didn't really sit well with him and that he wanted to steer away from this type of movie.
Yeah, i'm certainly glad to hear that.
MrPayner wrote:Oh and another thing, "Knight Rider Online" made it onto the Australian Yahoo New's HOFFice Attachments page.. which can be seen HERE :P

AP
Yeah, a few links below 'David Hasselhoff Is The Antichrist'!:roll: :D
Kaine wrote:seems as if we'll see both the '82 Kitt and a new car. great news
Well I'd be glad if the real KITT is in it. :D
Last edited by Wizster on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:26 am

MrPayner wrote:Oh and another thing, "Knight Rider Online" made it onto the Australian Yahoo New's HOFFice Attachments page.. which can be seen HERE :P

AP
Australian Yahoo New's HOFFice Attachments wrote: Knight Rider Online

The official website celebrating the TV series where David Hasselhoff and his incredible talking car Kit share all manner of wonderful adventures.
Spelled wrong. :( But at least the link is in there. :)

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:22 am

It's surprising how often KITT is spelt wrong :evil:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:28 am

Typical ignorance.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:44 pm

Yeh i noticed that it was spelt incorrectly..

I'm surprised no one has posted the link that was mentioned in the interview yet.. and that was http://www.hasselhofftour.com/ There's not much to that site at all, however you can still sign up. :)

Cheers
Adam

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:47 am

To me, D. Hasselhoff is pretty darned refreshing. lol! And he's also still a good one for showbiz, too.
I've been a longtime fan of his, and it's good I have 3 CDs of his music, and I hope to get more imported CDs eventually, but for right now, I find what I have truly enjoyable.
I hope he has all the fun in the world(while keeping sober)during his visit in Australia! Really! 8) :shock: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :) :wink: :wink: :shock: :shock:
This comes from someone in America who's totally into DH's acting and singing full-time. I'm not making that up! :dance: :dance: :dance:

xcorv
Volunteer

Post by xcorv » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:56 am

I heard the they wanted to make a movie but a comedy...
a comedy about knight rider??
what do they want to do something like hearby ???
please!!

i think it has to be serious!
and i do not like ben afleck for the michael roll

I think they should use a 92 pontiac trans am
or maybe a 2000 pontiac firebird transk am
with the red scanner. black...
more modern car but with same spirit...
or maybe with the same actor, david hasselhoff , old
something like.. they needed him and they rebuild KITT with him
or with a nephew... i dont know....

what do you think guys??

greetings.
ric

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:34 pm

I saw that webpage too...I was very happy to see Knight Rider Online was included to this Top DH Sites list, however when they decide to post links to "The Anti-Christ" and "The Offical David Hasselhoff Site of Worship" over davidhasselhoffonline.com, I was really shocked. I get so many Australian visitors...I was just let down that my site wasn't even included on Australian Yahoo New's HOFFice Attachments. Not to be complaining, but a lot of these "Photoshop" websites take a lot of images from my site without even asking which I don't find very funny. :roll: The least they can do is link me too. :wink:

Anyway, congrats to KR Online for being recognized! :D
Nat

Bowspearer
Stranger

Post by Bowspearer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:20 pm

I think one thing which needs modernising with the cars are the offensive capabilities. Considering the technolohy available, I'd like to see them equipped with things like cutting lasers, and mag pulse guns (to immobilise an fleeing/attacking enemy). It would definately make things more interesting I think.