Michael Knight's Awkward Moments

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Michael Knight's Awkward Moments

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:38 pm

Throughout the Knight Rider series, we sometimes see Michael Knight in situations that we are not used to seeing him in. For example, we see Michael using a handgun in several episodes when we all know he is not allowed to carry one. Another example is when we see him performing maintenance on KITT, like in the episode "Junk Yard Dog", where he is at the FLAG laboratory assisting Bonnie, where we see him working on KITTs scanner and performing the paint job. We also see Michael jerry rig KITT into a ramjet in episode "Goliath", courtesy of the FLAG owners manual.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:55 pm

I think he's had plenty of funny awkward moments and serious awkward moments, but somehow he'd handled some awkward situations better than others.....

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:13 pm

I for one thought Michael looked very awkward when he was wearing a LA Dodgers baseball cap in the episode, "Blind Spot". I am not knocking the team or anything, but I thought it looked kinda strange to see Michael wearing a baseball cap, especially with his long hair. The cap itself looked kinda small for his head, for I don't think it was a fitted cap. But then the show was filmed back in the 80's and people still wore their hair long, including ball players.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:18 pm

The most fun awkward moment of all I think was when he first met KITT in the pilot and discovered that KITT could talk. LOL!

And to be fair, what about KITT's awkward moments, like when he had to tame a bull in "Not A Drop To Drink" for instance? :)

It's times like those that bring the added humor in the show. :)

And let's not forget the infamous "Inside Out" quote: "Michael, where are your pants?" :lol:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:06 pm

It did seem a bit weird to see Michael performing matinence on K.I.T.T but he was just trying to help as best as he could. If my friend was in trouble I'd try to help him out as well, even if I really didn't know what I was doing. But most of the other awkward moments did add some great humor especially the basball cap. My roomate and I both thought he looked ridiculous. He had a sort of froish mullet thing going on. :lol:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:08 pm

FuzzieDice wrote: And let's not forget the infamous "Inside Out" quote: "Michael, where are your pants?" :lol:
LOL!!! That's one of my favorite K.I.T.T lines. I think it's actually from "A Plush Ride" but anyway I remember the first time heard it. I nearly peed myself laughing so hard. :lol:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:32 pm

Throughout the entire KR series. we see Michael wearing his trademark black leather jacket. Every so often, we see Michael wearing something out of the ordinary, but it would really look odd to see him wearing a Michael Jackson Beat It or Thriller jacket. It would look even crazier if he were going around wearing a glitter glove and using it to punch out the bad guys. :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:58 am

LadyV2000 wrote:It did seem a bit weird to see Michael performing matinence on K.I.T.T but he was just trying to help as best as he could. If my friend was in trouble I'd try to help him out as well, even if I really didn't know what I was doing.
I'm like that with Dryden. More because of trying to cut costs but also to learn to do auto maintenance work. It can be fun to finally get things going again. :) Sometimes a BIG relief too! :lol:
LadyV2000 wrote:LOL!!! That's one of my favorite K.I.T.T lines. I think it's actually from "A Plush Ride" but anyway I remember the first time heard it. I nearly peed myself laughing so hard. :lol:
That's the one! I keep getting the two episodes confused. :) Thanks...